It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, my friend googled deux ex machina because I posted a status about the latin phrase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
and this is what he found for me based on that. An ode to Terence Mckenna's Timewave Theory that is a great catchy song. Pretty good non mainstream group from what i've heard so far. Too epic not to share on ats

edit on 24-10-2014 by rukia because: fixing youtube link.

LYRiCS :

All is gone now, atone
Linear time overthrown.
When you find it's all a lie,
All worlds will die...
Time was all mine, I know, read the signs that I've shown.
If you read between the lines,
You'll know once the end comes...

Signs will arrive tonight,
Guiding light decrease my pain
That I created on my own.
Blind be my eyes tonight,
Hide the sight that sees in vain.
Before and after is all done,
And everything is in time gone...

As I moved into worlds forsaken,
I saw things mankind can never own.
When we move on through, minds awaken,
Die while you're alive, and then you'll know...

Speak to mankind -
Through the raining light benign

Signs will arrive tonight,
Guiding light decrease my pain
That I created on my own...
Blind be my eyes tonight,
Hide the sight that sees in vain
Before and after is all done,
And everything is in time gone...

edit on 24-10-2014 by rukia because: added lyrics.

i especially like the subtle explanation of the basics of timewave theory in the lyrics.
edit on 24-10-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
usually i stay clear form non mainstream stuff, mainly because of the pretentious attitude of many of the people that listen to it.
But i have to say, pretty good song!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
usually i stay clear form non mainstream stuff, mainly because of the pretentious attitude of many of the people that listen to it.

so I must be old... that's "MAINSTREAM"??!~

seems like anime music to me. is that now mainstream?

some inspirational quotes for you.
Homer: Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

[the teenagers Homer and Barney are doing an acapella version of "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" in front of a mirror]
Middle-aged Grampa: What the Hell are you two doin'?
Young Barney: It's called rockin' out!
Young Homer: You wouldn't understan', dad. You're not *with it*.
Middle-aged Grampa: I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Homer: Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

[the teenagers Homer and Barney are doing an acapella version of "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" in front of a mirror]
Middle-aged Grampa: What the Hell are you two doin'?
Young Barney: It's called rockin' out!
Young Homer: You wouldn't understan', dad. You're not *with it*.
Middle-aged Grampa: I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
lol and here I was thinking anime music meant it being in japanese. guess i learn something new every day?

originally posted by: okamitengu

um, yes you are correct. but why need new bands? because just listening to the kinks or to rush or to the who gets kinda...restrictive after a while. and other music exists. and because i think that music was perfect when it was all classical music. so like what are you trying to say? that it is bad to expand ones tastes?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well I thought this thread was going to be about dues ex the video game.... Anyhow, I gotta agree with the anime music theme... Just because it's not sung in japanese doesn't mean it doesn't sound like it....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

lol fair enough haha i agree with that. i just saw timewave and was like ermahgerd terence mckenna and got all fangirl over it because i admire the man. i don't really know this band, i just like the one song--but then again, i'm the type of person who likes the mars volta, qotsa, and mcr so xD maybe it all sounds like anime music and i'm just oblivious. (and i'm serious. i can be quite oblivious to the most seemingly obvious of things)

& oddly enough the friend who looked it up also thought i was talking about the video game lol. but sadly i'm only a league, wow, and gameboy (3ds w/e) player.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Well I watch a good amount, wish I could think of the series with the similar music...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

legit! and let me know if you remember--i'd love to check it out. atm i'm kinda looking for new anime anyway. i have crunchyroll so let me know if you want a guest pass

btw if you don't know the mars volta--check em out. theyre bamf

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've been looking for a new one myself, I got crunchyroll myself (only on trial) thank you btw... For right now I've just been reading mangas for some of the bigger shows, bleach for example lol

Things like parasyte are only like 3 episodes in, I need something with more than a few episodes to hold me over..
edit on 2407America/Chicagopm31America/Chicago245 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

try aku no hana (flowers of evil). Especially if you like the famous french poet, Charles Baudelaire. it is very strange and more like watching a piece of literature. i found it very fascinating.
it is intense and really makes you think.

another one that i like is trinity blood. and d-grayman. d-grayman is probably my second favorite to bleach, but only because i like tite kubo's characterization a lot.

haha ats should totally make an anime/manga forum lol

here is more music. because i'm random like that

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Been busy, If there isn't a anime/manga thread already, I think you should start one! Would be a lot of fun and I would be contributing lol... Yeah d-grayman I heard was good, I will have to check it out!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Duuuude!

I can't believe I missed this thread. Scar Symmetry is one of my favorite bands, I listened to timewave zero earlier today. Holographic Universe is definitely awesome and easily my favorite album from them.

Scar Symmetry • Ghost Prototype vol. I & II

\m/

new topics

top topics

join