It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have to eat something!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

My hubby is waiting for a food pill. I say to hell with solyent green, LOL!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

i do hear you and your dear concern towards life but honestly,slayer, don’t worry so much about eating other life forms. yes, they probably feel being ‘harvested’ for consumption but you have to see it in perspective.

our society is how it is for the benefit of all inclusive and we have to sacrifice ourselves in the name of the establishment and do as they provide. you might cause bigger havoc by refusing to form yourself into the mould.

i do feel your possible pain causing pain to plants and animals but in above light that just does not count. and don’t forget the degree of registered pain is not clearly scientisticallyfied. but i do get your resent if you talk of the impact the killing has on you because of the chemicals that are released into the product at the point of their death and instances before.

so therefor consider the timing of consumption which all depends on the level of consciousness of the life form killed. a plant would not register their pain and suffering as much and can’t release as many bad chemicals from bad thoughts as would a more intelligent creature like a whale or even a cow.

if you do wish to eat cows then take those chemicals and hormones as a challenge. what does not kill you makes you stronger. honestly.

also consider the time factor by which such meat and vegetable products can freeze their thoughts and feelings of suffering via chemicals into their body. how long do those survive in their dead body. have there been tests done about that. it just might be that the longer you wait the less effect it has on your health and wellbeing. just therefore stick with frozen food. or even better, the more processed a food the less of its original structure it has.

and keep thinking about the sacrifice for all of us. what a chaos it would be if everybody would stop eating what is lovingly and thoughtfully prepared and recommended.

to be honest, after considering the time factor and eating as dead things as possible, I still explain to what is left why I eat ‘it’, ask for forgiveness and permission and send them love, tell them that it is an honour to have been chosen and processed for human consumption. and honestly I am happy and healthy and live in harmony with everything that is around me.

ah yeah, and consider eating in the dark. it will effect you even less.

even better, all ‘harvesting’ should be done in the dark to scare ‘them’ less. and in secret. what’s wrong with telling our kids that all food comes from the supermarket for their best wellbeing.

actually I’m not sure they even know the difference. so just shut up and don’t worry so much. all-artificial food will be on the platter soon.

edit on 23-10-2014 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ryan2010

Not to get all serious like...

I've actually done some interweb research on the whole 'Human mutilation' phenomenon, Pretty disturbing to say the least. Quite frankly it's something from what I've seen, IF TRUE, damn near diabolical in nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: butcherguy
In all honesty , I was making fun of PETA...

I am part of the real P.E.T.A.

People Eating Tasty Animals.

I was talking about the whackadoodle one that want to ban mousetraps.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Human mutilation is a very interesting topic, I just can't find too many relevant links.

As for diet, are you thinking of becoming a sympathetic eater?
Personally, it never bothered me eating meat from rattlesnake to crocodiles(the fat is horrendous tasting). By definition I guess that makes me a psychopath, oh well!
As for plants and water, which I consider similar due to studies of emotions on them, not too concerned either.
A pay homage to all I ingest, it's part of the circle of life. If I was going to turn against these values, I believe I'd better get used to an IV drip.

Really we are all cannibals on the molecular level so no matter what I feel - it all goes in, then back out, then back in and out somewhere else, repeat to infinity untill a black hole grabs us and does the same thing over again.
Maybe our universe is the waste product of some higher beings ingestion of something else?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: signalfire

Dennis Weaver lived to be 81 living on nuts and fruit? How silly of him. If he'd have eaten a few beefburgers or KFC he would have probably lived to be 100.

Since the average US male life expectancy is around 76, depending on which stats you use (and it's obviously lower because of the military, fast cars and adolescent stupidity), it would appear that he beat the odds by a few years.

Gotta give him credit, he not only lived by his personal morality but fed thousands of people through his charity work, and was one of the first, if not the first, to build an Earthship, before it was cool. A strict vegan dating back to the 1950s was also very much ahead of the game, even for Hollywood.

Maybe it's not how long you live on the planet, but how well you live with the planet.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

A strict vegan dating back to the 1950s was also very much ahead of the game, even for Hollywood.

Maybe it's not how long you live on the planet, but how well you live with the planet.

But But But

I NEED this!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looky here man, I think I've stumbled across a conspiring hear yeh.."THEY" have made it to where we are only going to be able to live by eating DIRT! see-

dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life

and lick it too dangit

shall lick the dust

even from the feet!

clouds are the dust of his feet.

and drink z blood like an ye ole vampy!

and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

oh the horror! sounds awefully zombieapocalipsishi to me
edit on 23-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: signalfire

A strict vegan dating back to the 1950s was also very much ahead of the game, even for Hollywood.

But But But

I NEED this!

Mouth is drooling but this type of situation needs some tactical help,

Link
edit on 23-10-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I knew i heard that tomato screaming when i was eating it . Link needed for the people in white coats outside my padded cell .

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Tell me Beezer.... do you still hear the carrots screaming?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I've wanted to inbed this in so many recent threads. But I think this is the best place.

Since Hollyweird cannot come up with any new ideas, some one needs to redo this movie.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

rofl

I remember while first seeing that movie at the theater as a child thinking, Man, someday Hollywood should to redo this movies! I loved the premise but for the most part wasn't impressed with how it was made. The last 1/3 was pretty cool though.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't avoid meat but I do avoid processed foods and strings raised in the industrial agriculture setting as much as I can. When I buy chicken it still has feathers and clucks. But I would rather give my money to the Amish neighbor down the road than to a large corporate chain that will distribute that money to investors outside my community. Oyster mushrooms are cheap and easy to grow even in an apartment. They go very well in an omellete with a side of sausage or bacon. Most people in developed countries have the means to eat healthier (without industrial made supplements) they just can't be bothered.

That said I still stop by fast food chains for a meal once in a while, just everything in moderation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join