It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Nellis parachute exercise (Nov 2-15, 2014)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Note this is not funded. Rather it is just a request for quote.

Nellis contract link

6. DESCRIPTION OF OBJECTIVES (a few sentences to explain the general requirement, followed by specific training objectives): Train all members through a course of instruction culminating in the ability to perform freefall operations up to 24,999 ft Mean Sea Level (MSL) while wearing a full combat load (rucksack, weapon, Oxygen (O2), and Night Vision Devices (NVD)) at night.
6.1. 2 week course (2-15 November) for up to 12 personnel.
6.2. Course will include approximately 25-30 jumps per person.
6.3. Low-altitude clear and pull, high altitude freefall, and double-bag static line operations.
6.4. All jumpers will be trained to fly their canopies in a stack to achieve 25m horizontal and vertical separation throughout all phases of the canopy flight.
6.5. All jumpers will be trained to land their canopies on an unmarked dropzone during day and night conditions.
6.6. All jumpers will be trained to land their canopies within a 25m radius of the Point of Impact (PI) and all jumpers will touchdown within 10 seconds of each other.
6.7. Upon landing, all team members will be able to de-rig their equipment, have their weapons operational, and be ready to move-out within 10 minutes.
6.8. The training will include several full mission profiles on the Drop Zone (DZ) and in the immediate surrounding area.
6.8.1. This full mission profile training will include live-fire training as well as dismounted and mounted Guardian Angel Air-Deployable Rescue Vehicle (GAARV) overland movement to the isolated personnel.
6.9. In addition to meeting combat mission readiness and pre-deployment spin-up training objectives, this training will meet all Pararescue Careerfield Education and Training Plan (PJ CFETP) 5- and 7-level upgrade criteria for line items 3.3.7-3.3.12 and 3.3.19.

Guardian Angel vehicle

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The guardian looks pretty good. If it saves life's it's worth the money.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sounds like a ton of fun

2nd

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was just going to ask somebody what this was...

I have the USGS Quake-finder KML on my maps, and something was going crazy up there. But if it were natural, it's unlikely it'd be that square shape and most of those spots are at 0 depth.

But I think this thread probably has the best explanation. That's quite a big live-fire exercise.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
I was just going to ask somebody what this was...

I have the USGS Quake-finder KML on my maps, and something was going crazy up there. But if it were natural, it's unlikely it'd be that square shape and most of those spots are at 0 depth.

But I think this thread probably has the best explanation. That's quite a big live-fire exercise.

Those quakes are very far away from the Nellis range. Live fire really wouldn't show up as a quake. I've seen dynamiting at rock quarries show up on the map, but not a magnitude 3!

The only suspicious thing about the swarm is that they are very shallow. But that doesn't mean it is man made.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't get it. Why would they need to contract this out for? We have our own military personel that conduct this kind of training. Whats the point of spending more money just to contract it out?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
I don't get it. Why would they need to contract this out for? We have our own military personel that conduct this kind of training. Whats the point of spending more money just to contract it out?

Well lets see. Maybe we need to keep the 99CONS employed?

I don't have a problem with some of the grunt work being contracted out. For example, they do cargo drops over the Nellis range, and the training articles are often just water containers. Water because they can just dump the contents and then haul the empties back in light trucks. Farming out the collection is fine. But I agree that the skilled work should be handled in house.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
As far as i know the only military group that does freefall is the USAF pararescue. Everyone else just does static line deployment. There is the Army's golden jump team, but they're just pro-rated jumpers and only go to 12,000 AGL (Above Ground Level).

I could be totally wrong all-in-all, but frankly, the people that know the most about freefall, aren't the military. Then again, i picked up skydiving 2 months ago, have 5 total jumps (bloody wind and student status) and jump with people that are members of the USAF's Wings of Blue.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Evil_Santa
As far as i know the only military group that does freefall is the USAF pararescue. Everyone else just does static line deployment. There is the Army's golden jump team, but they're just pro-rated jumpers and only go to 12,000 AGL (Above Ground Level).

I could be totally wrong all-in-all, but frankly, the people that know the most about freefall, aren't the military. Then again, i picked up skydiving 2 months ago, have 5 total jumps (bloody wind and student status) and jump with people that are members of the USAF's Wings of Blue.

There's quite a few in the military that actually do free fall jumps, most notably the SEALs and some other SOCOM troops. But yeah the vast majority do static line jumps.

Be careful with skydiving as a sport cause let me tell you its addictive as hell. Lol. I got my A license last year and it can be an expensive habit!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Yeah, addictive, and yeah, expensive. But unlike other addictions - it becomes cheaper (maybe..
) It's fun as hell and i'm getting ready to head to the DZ right now.

U2U me. I'm planning on jumping at quite a few places in the US next year, we could possibly meetup

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Evil_Santa
a reply to: boomer135

Yeah, addictive, and yeah, expensive. But unlike other addictions - it becomes cheaper (maybe..
) It's fun as hell and i'm getting ready to head to the DZ right now.

U2U me. I'm planning on jumping at quite a few places in the US next year, we could possibly meetup

I jump mostly south padre island texas. And get that A license before you start making plans! But yes it does get a whole lot cheaper, especially if you can team up with other jumpers and split the cost as stuff. Are you buying your own gear when your licensed?

top topics

join