It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria Ebola free - You can officially calm down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's simple logic. Nigeria is a lot closer to Liberia, Sierra Leone etc and you can be sure there are a lot more people arriving there from these problem countries in West Africa than Europe or America. Nigeria had legitimate cases of Ebola (i.e. NOT from healthcare workers treating Ebola patients). Lagos is Africa's largest city with over 5 million people. They are a 3rd world nation with healthcare services that don't compare to more developed nations. They have contained Ebola.

If Ebola was going to spread anywhere it would have been Lagos. It didn't happen. This doom train is now leaving the station. I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

That's nice to know.

Though I have to add - I find your entire profile dedicated to anti-Christianity a little unsettling.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

That's nice to know.

Though I have to add - I find your entire profile dedicated to anti-Christianity a little unsettling.

I find your unsettled demeanour unsettling. But I respect your right to voice your opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
awwww
so no more creating exaggerated and unnecessary panic??
after trying to reason with people that this wasn't as big a deal as it seemed, i was enjoying reading people play out their "the crazies"/ "28 days later" scenarios...what about those fema camps? and the engineered ebola virus? and population control? and stocking up on canned goods?
for a site with the motto "deny ignorance" it's amazing to see how many people will feed into it or spread it for nothing more than the perverse pleasure of "i got to be right on the internet!"

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
awwww
so no more creating exaggerated and unnecessary panic??
after trying to reason with people that this wasn't as big a deal as it seemed, i was enjoying reading people play out their "the crazies"/ "28 days later" scenarios...what about those fema camps? and the engineered ebola virus? and population control? and stocking up on canned goods?
for a site with the motto "deny ignorance" it's amazing to see how many people will feed into it or spread it for nothing more than the perverse pleasure of "i got to be right on the internet!"

People need to see a possible escape from their boring, mundane, unhappy, [insert here], crappy lives. When I get my tax bill every April I'm hoping for Elenin to return and wipe out 95% of the world's population. Ebola is not going to save anyone from paying their bills.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Bugger . Back to Isis threads

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Curses!

Then it's time for plan B.

Always have a back up plan.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So what's wrong with buying canned goods? I think a lot of the panic you guys saw was coming from people that were in and around Dallas like me. Very frightening. Especially when you consider how horrific a virus it is combined with all the uncertainties that are still out there. I guess we can forget about the loose ends now though. We have an Ebola czar. USA 1 Eberla 0.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The problems are just getting started not coming to a end.

Amazing how a few news items can influence peoples judgment and critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You made a good satire using the other sides logic.

It is hard to know where to start on this subject.

For now I am going to assume that Nigeria is Ebola(tm) free and see how that affects what I read.
Applying a new logic filter can produce more "How Can That Be?" questions.

universe(
(party line
(reality choice
(reality ))))

edit on 21-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: reality choice format

edit on 21-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: Typo Helper

edit on 21-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: space

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99

Amazing how a few news items can influence peoples judgment and critical thinking.

The news coming out of Nigeria is not good for Ebola fear-mongerers. Ebola is hard to catch, is not airborne, is not mutating and is not spreading. If Nigeria can beat it so can anywhere else. When there's a case in the US that doesn't come from a health worker things might get interesting. But Nigeria did have such cases and they beat it. No new cases for 6 weeks.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
so since the czar has been appointed they have miraculously stopped all outbreaks.
i am certainly impressed with this god like figure and how he managed to stop further outbreaks ,amazing .

or is the truth the czar is manipulating what we see and hear.(insert outer limits intro scene here)
and therefore my stance is the real news will be hard to find in the coming weeks and we will have to rely on whistle blowers to reveal the truth...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Agreed. I lost track of how many "do not worry, Ebola is not a threat" reports just from yesterday.

There's alot of calm-mongering going on.

We will hopefully know the status of this epidemic in another month......if tptb tell us the truth, that is.
edit on 21-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here's an interesting chart illustrating the relative infectiousness and lethality of various diseases...

It's very large, so you'll have to click.

No-one's saying Ebola isn't dangerous, but the reality of the situation - particularly given the infectiousness - is that it's something that can be contained if people are careful.

Remember, the worst hit African countries had people almost literally trying to catch this disease by thinking it a conspiracy, breaking into hospitals and handling their dead and dying. That isn't the case in the West, even if a few cases are certain to show up.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Here is a news item to exercise your critical thinking on.

Do you believe Mr. James Dorbor Jallah, Deputy Incident Manager for support services at the Incident Management System for Liberia is been truthful or not?

Less Than 400 Ebola Cases Nationwide as Ebola Declines, Says Dorbor Jallah

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: joho99

I don't think there's really any major grounds to think he's misleading anyone. If it were a growing problem, they'd want funding to fight it - so there isn't a massive amount of incentive to play it down.

In any event, one of the primary problems with Ebola (from the disease's perspective, not ours!) is that it burns itself out very quickly by killing off the host. Given the very, very poor health system in places like Liberia, I'd imagine Ebola sufferers were dying off pretty quickly.

If the government were able to successfully persuade people to stop handling the bodies of the sick and dead, they may well have been able to stem the tide. Only five of Africa's 52 countries have it, and it seems two are on track (at least) to eradicate it.

This said, I bet there's a good number of cases the governments aren't aware of for one reason or another. They're a worry, of course.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

But they are getting help.
U.S. troops build hospital in Liberia in Ebola fight

1700 beds that are apparently not needed.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What I think really happened is the Nigerian govt pushed out the western medical assets.
America wants these countries for resources and now there's a foothold with Africom

The Nigerian pres didn't want western help now I'm only waiting to see how long it takes the US to declare Isis in the area or even declare the Nigerian pres a collaborator or a terrorist regime.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I suspect Liberia could use 1,700 hospital beds regardless of Ebola.

It's unlikely Ebola can be defeated entirely, but giving countries like Liberia the tools to better contain disease in general will hopefully help in the future, as well as snuffing out the current outbreak.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Agreed. I lost track of how many "do not worry, Ebola is not a threat" reports just from yesterday.

There's alot of calm-mongering going on.

We will hopefully know the status of this epidemic in another month......if tptb tell us the truth, that is.

So in a month, if there are no new cases in the US of course the government will be hiding the truth. Every Flu death is going to Ebola. I can just see it.

The case of Nigeria cannot be ignored. Unless you ignore it.

Yes, I get paid direct from the new Ebola czar. I'm amazed at how people can take 2+2 and get 22. Calm-mongering, lol. Just looking at facts and numbers and they say DON'T PANIC.

Feel free to panic though. I have scorned all doom scenarios brought to this community in the last few years and have never been wrong. Because we are all still here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join