It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA err

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Duke of Clarence.

The two key things about the Ripper (besides skill level w/ cutlery) was the Masonic connection, (which, iirc, a local sheriff erased evidence of such off a wall at a crime scene) and the fact they could never find someone afterwards. No pursuit, which led many to believe Jack got away via Royal carriages. (Which were, for obvious reasons, never searched)

I also recall the Duke had syphilis, if left untreated (there was no known cure at the time?) could result into mental illness.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
The Duke of Clarence.

The two key things about the Ripper (besides skill level w/ cutlery) was the Masonic connection, (which, iirc, a local sheriff erased evidence of such off a wall at a crime scene) and the fact they could never find someone afterwards. No pursuit, which led many to believe Jack got away via Royal carriages. (Which were, for obvious reasons, never searched)

I also recall the Duke had syphilis, if left untreated (there was no known cure at the time?) could result into mental illness.

Wasn't there a movie made about that?

I think it stared Michael Cain if I remember right. Was a good movie. Not sure how factual it was however, but still, was a good flick to watch. I think it came to the same conclusion.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

lol, your a sneaky one Jack.

On a serious note Alan Moore's graphic novel From Hell is worth a read.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

The Duke of Clarence.

Wasn't there a movie made about that?

I think it stared Michael Cain if I remember right. Was a good movie. Not sure how factual it was however, but still, was a good flick to watch. I think it came to the same conclusion.

I didn't get that info from a movie, (I'm sure you're correct) I got it from a tv documentary made in the late 80's/early 90's.
(You know, before reality tv?)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The Duke of Clarence.

No. Just...no. There is no evidence at all of a royal connection and the idea that royal carriages would be able to drive into the worst slum in England on the nights of Ripper killings, or at all, unnoticed, is ridiculous. Whoever it was, he was someone who did not in any way look out of place in the area either before or after the killings. The office who found Ms. CE actually more likely than not bumped shoulders with the killer as he rounded the corner. Needless to say, the officer did not in any way suggest that the man looked like a royal or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He was someone who knew the area very, very well, who blended in, and who--according to the experts who examined the bodies--may or may not have had rudimentary anatomical knowledge. There was not at any point any failure to pursue JTR. The police were VERY aggressive in their efforts to catch him. And for what it's worth, all of the letters are frauds with the *possible* exception of the Dear Boss letter, which has of course disappeared. So JTR never called himself JTR and any letter including that name is about 100% guaranteed to be garbage. Honestly, it was more likely than not either Montague Druitt or Kaminsky. Either that or it was some guy completely lost to history who died or was incarcerated after the Kelly murder (if it was actually Mary Kelly who was found, of course). There is no proof at all that the "the jews..." scribble on the courtyard wall had ANYTHING at all to do with the killings and the truth of it is that the writing was by all accounts small, low to the ground, written in a child's hand, and was more likely than not the simple anti-semitic drivel of a child who learned it from his parents written on the wall with chalk stolen from school.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Jack THe Ripper was supposed to be someone schooled as a Medical Doctor,
a reply to: babybunnies

Someone with basic anatomical knowledge at least.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: eriktheawful

Who was Jack The Ripper?

Who really killed JFK?

Don't be dumb. Obviously the same person.

LOL, really not funny, but still is.....
The modus operandi was totally different...just sayin'.
But, I do think the ripper's a time ripper, as well. Too bad he hates women so much.
Unfortunately, I think we will be finding that DNA "evidence," is not the sure thing it's been reported to be, in many different ways.
edit on 22-10-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join