It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Excavation (2014) at BAALBEK Reveals GIGANTIC New Block

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A new gigantic block has recently been uncovered at the quarry site in Baalbek.

Unfortunately all the links for this excavation are either in Russian or Arabic so I’ll post the photos from the links.

Enjoy!

Before –

s28.postimg.org...

s9.postimg.org...

From the excavation –

s27.postimg.org...

s3.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

s29.postimg.org...

s2.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

Here’s the Russian site you can navigate it if you use google translate –

kinozal-lai.ru...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Wow! I'm curious why are they stacked? I heard arguments before from people saying the Romans broke the top Baalbek stone and couldnt move it further, but this now turns all that upside down. Why the heck would they be stacking these enormous stones on top of eachother to be moved in to place? I love these mysteries that make me really think that the ancients are so much more advanced that mainstream archeologists give them credit for.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Doesn't Sitchin have some sort of explanation for this huge building.

O'Brien thinks that Baalbek was near the original Garden of Eden and so the area is steeped with mystery and myth.

Originally though the site was a pagan temple but how they moved those huge blocks is quite another thing. One could almost go with Sitchin's ideas of the Annanaki and the Igigi as man - as we know his capabilities - cannot move it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
seems to me that the newly unearthed rectangular blocks are blocks being dressed from the bedrock foundation mass of stone....and would have eventually been separated from the quarry bedrock mass

those do not appear to be massive blocks stacked up & moved into place...

all of which seems to confirm my idea that none of the stones already in place were moved there...
they were just chiseled & dressed in place from the massive bedrock deposit
edit on th31141371298619032014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What did that ancient Greek say? '' give me a big enough fulcrum and lever, and I could move the earth''?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This huge block has apparently baffled archeologists for decades.

I find it hard to believe they missed these the first time round, the photos seem to show they only had to dig another inch or so!

Were they brushed under the carpet?

edit on 19-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It would be nice to know what else they found during the excavations. Tools, remains?
Surely something else was unearthed.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here is a nice tour of the complex at Baalbek, truly an amazing site.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The more I see of our discoveries of ancient mankind. The more I think we are the cavemen compared to them. We are the ones digging our way out of some cataclysmic event that destroyed the highlight of society of the past.

Nice find...S&F

Des

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow!...I'm confused. I've been seeing photos of that stone since I was a kid, and...nobody ever though to dig down to the bottom of it? Really? That seems like a pretty serious oversight...Or was this already known about, and somehow I've avoided heating about it all these years?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Hey OP

They provide a link to this thread but they posted it as if it's an original post not a quote

edit on 19-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Hey OP

They provide a link to this thread but they posted it as if it's an original post not a quote

Cheers

Here's a link in English with more information -

'The recent surveys by Janine Abdel Massih and her team of UL on the hill Sheikh Abdallah, 800 meters from the Roman ruins, discovered a bigger and more massive stone than the Hajar al-Hibla monolith. It measures 19.6 meters long, six meters wide and 5.5 meters thick. “Until then. Because we have not yet reached the bottom of the rock to be completely cleared, “Janine Abdel Massih said, adding that work will resume after the feast of Fitr.'

glamroz.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Like the original stone which was not cut from its base the second is not fully cut out either. I believe this second incomplete block was also noted by the DAI excavation.

Edited to add:

This second stone was already known and was discovered in 1990.

Ruprechtsberger, Erwin M. (1999), Vom Steinbruch zum Jupitertempel von Heliopolis/Baalbek (Libanon) [From the quarry to the Jupiter temple of Heliopolis/Baalbek (Lebanon)], Linzer Archäologische Forschungen (in German) 30: 7–56 (page 17)
edit on 19/10/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: NiZZiM

Doesn't Sitchin have some sort of explanation for this huge building.

O'Brien thinks that Baalbek was near the original Garden of Eden and so the area is steeped with mystery and myth.

Originally though the site was a pagan temple but how they moved those huge blocks is quite another thing. One could almost go with Sitchin's ideas of the Annanaki and the Igigi as man - as we know his capabilities - cannot move it.

Sitchin thought it was a space craft landing place. The large stones are in a quarry and were not completed and of course not moved.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ive been to that place several years ago , that place is so beautiful , i think those stones are part of a structure of its own if they keep digging deeper and deeper .

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I can't find this in any archaeology sites, have you seen any?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's amazing it's taken this long to dig underneath the original stone. They seem to have known about it for many many years. My guess is a lot of red tape maybe or just not got the funding.
I wonder what the whole site will look like when they do eventually uncover all of it.
Love this sort of thing. Refreshing to read.

S+F

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
i think those stones are part of a structure of its own if they keep digging deeper and deeper .

You're right. The structure you're talking about is usually called "bedrock" and, ultimately, "the Earth."

Harte

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

If this is a true story I can't find it on any but junk sites.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If this is a true story I can't find it on any but junk sites.

Well that's some pretty good photo shopping if it isn't

I found it on a thread on the Russian Laboratory of Ancient History forum it's totally legit although I have to say a little mysterious as a poster who visited the site in Lebanon recently said the work must have been done in just 3 months time as it was untouched when he was there ... intriguing.

The thread was started at the beginning of July. I've no idea why this isn't more widely reported.

kinozal-lai.ru...

The thread is called - Excavation of a new megalith in Baalbek.

edit on 19-10-2014 by JamesTB because: adding link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join