It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola cases in India. Maharashtra, Nagpur and other districts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
While we are observing US battle against Ebola, no western media have published a news what is going on in India !
this is a translated text from India news, this news was posted 3 hours ago but wasn´t the first media in India there also news about this over 9 hours ago.
Sorry about the translation as google do not work well with hindi

The Ibola in Chhindwara district, the district administration has been activated.Maharashtra state border knocked Ibola disease, which led the district administration has issued alerts on Ibola.

Administration of the city to deal with Ibola a meeting of doctors at the district hospital, which take preventive measuresinstructed by the doctors. Let me tell you that the district bordering Maharashtra, Nagpur and other districts have met in the past few questionable patient. These patients are similar to the symptoms of the disease Ibola.

Significantly, the district of Maharashtra, a lot of people come and go every day, because of which Ibola fear of disease outbreaks. Although doctors said that now people do not have to fear it, but still the same safety precautions are hidden. Ibola introduction of disease is characterized by fever. Subsequently headache with fever, vomiting be, remain abdominal pain, neck pain and lower BP Besides jaundice, appetite could lead to injury. So far, the doctors failed to cure the disease is Dudnne.

LINK ( needs a translation )

This one was about 16 hours ago

According to the district, bordering Maharashtra, Nagpur and other districts during the past few suspected the patient is met. Symptoms of disease in these patients is similar to Ibola. Of such symptoms in patients Ibola medical establishment has been active in the district. At a meeting of the physicians in the hospital district in this case he Sunsr district, bordering Maharashtra parts of Panduarna asked to monitor.

According to doctors in Maharashtra have met the suspect should be taken seriously. District of Maharashtra seemed to come daily lives of the masses. The diseases that the investigation will continue.

According to the doctors in the district is currently nothing to fear people. But still the same safety precautions are hidden. Symptoms of the virus Ibola Ibola in Nagpur and Pune in Maharashtra after getting the virus from the patient began to worry that people in the district. The disease is characterized by fever in the beginning. Also headache with fever, vomiting be, remain abdominal pain, neck pain and lower BP Besides jaundice, appetite could lead to injury. Skin rash or bleeding at all after suffering patient as well as the situation becomes even death.

So far, the doctors failed to cure the disease is Dudnne. Thereby increasing public concern. They say. Maharashtra has met the suspected patient. Staying safe in that we must defend. People in the district do not have to fear. The district is safe. - See more at: naidunia.jagran.com...

Link ( needs a translation )

Intresting thing Healthmap or RSOE do not have anything. India is a hot spot and disease like Ebola could spread fast. There are allready dengue fever, malaria and other diseases which has similar symptoms as Ebola.

Westerns.. you are not been told everything. There is definately a news blackout when it concerns India.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
India

Around 1,128 passengers are currently being tracked, mostly in the capital Delhi and the states of Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and West Bengal, the Health Ministry said Monday.

“No checking and screening can be 100% foolproof. But by doing so, we’re reducing the probability of an outbreak,” Anshu Prakash, joint secretary at the Health Ministry, told The Wall Street Journal.

“We’re taking this very seriously. The entire world is at risk and so is India,” Mr. Prakash added.

Since August, flights arriving in India have given onboard announcements about the virus and its symptoms. A national control room with three emergency lines is also in operation.

It doesn't implicity say we are screwed, but its implied.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for this update. I have , unfortunately, made it part of my regular routine to periodically scan news articles with the key word "ebola" thes past few weeks, more so in the past week. One thing i have noticed is that there are very , very, VERY few articles about ANY other country other than the US. I dnt know if thats because i am located in the US and the search is modified for articles i would "prefer" to see... or if the shear panic in the US is drowning out legitimate cases in other countries. I find it hard to believe that NO other country has seen another positive case yet... and fear no news is not necessarily good news with this outbreak.

IF it makes it to another heavily populated country where people have the luxury of not only traveling locally but abroad i fear it will really "take hold" and most of our fears will become a reality.

Was actually watching 28 days last night- scared the crap out of me to think that something like that was even a REMOTE possibility. Granted not so much flesh eating zombies... but was hard not to see a correlation between the fiction of the movie and the facts of the world we live in right this second.

Will definitely keep a close eye on this. Please keep us updated on what you hear and see
edit on 233112603pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
India and Pakistan in my opinion are the # holes of the world. They are rife with disease in any case. An exposure of ebola is either here nor there with those countries.
edit on 18/10/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
User wantsome posted a very eye opening thread here about the unsanitary everyday conditions in India, namely dealing with exposure to contaminated water from bodily fluids.

If and when ebola hits India, it will be devastating to that country.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ugh. Not good.

When Ebola hits India
edit on 10/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

What an incredibly ignorant and might i add racist thing to say. An exposure to Ebola would be catastrophic for those countries and ultimately for any countries their citizens travel to, do trade with, or hold dual citizenship in. IE: EVERYONE including yourself.

I think India is an absolutely beautiful country, with an incredibly diverse and ancient history. Clearly you either need to pick up a book and read a little more often, or get away from your computer and do some travel. Your narrow minded views are insulting to say the very least.

edit on 373110603pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

And the rest of us considering how much food they produce.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

There is a trick in searching, use google translator and translate Ebola related words, In India Ebola is Ibola and it doesn´t translate in google in hindi words. Try translate words like " vomiting fever " which is "उल्टी बुखार" and use those hindi words in google search.
Yesterday i saw a news about 200 people in some rural area having dhiarrea, vomiting and fever but they blamed a contaminated water.. which is also a big possibility in India.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
India and Pakistan in my opinion are the # holes of the world. They are rife with disease in any case. An exposure of ebola is either here nor there with those countries.

An exposure is the beginning of the end in those countries. You need to account for the trade India does with the world, coupled with the fact that its caste system will allow ebola to blast through its population, the disparity its rich have used to stay on top and keep its poor in slums is going to be the key in the country totally cannibalizing itself from the slums to parliament.

Once India is overrun with ebola, and its trade throughout the world spreads it, there will be no turning back. That's it. Thats the one place where it can totally run out of control, it has all the necessary requirements. It also has a massive population of expatriates living all over the world, or with dual citizenship, which will necessitate the spread from there.

How many Indians does it take with dual citizenship to spread ebola? We may have the answer soon enough.

Once its confirmed, I'm going to start stocking up on rice and flour.

India exports several agriculture products, such as Basmati rice, wheat, cereals, spices, fresh fruits, dry fruits, buffalo beef meat, cotton, tea, coffee and other cash crops particularly to the Middle East, Southeast and East Asian countries. It earns about 10 percent of its export earnings from this trade.[18]Textile industry contributes about 4 per cent to the country’s GDP, 14 per cent of the industrial production, and 17 per cent to export earnings.[130] India's textile industry has transformed from a declining sector to a rapidly developing one in recent years

edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

thanks for the tip! My ex was Hindi and while i can speak and understand some words- very few lol- reading still looks like... well.. a foreign language to me. imagine that. lol

I would think that trying to narrow down the symptoms of EBola in a country where "third world" illness' still run rampant would be next to impossible unless actual blood tests were done. Im sure quarantining more than just a handfull of patients would probably present quite a few problems as well.. hell In the US we are having trouble with that as it is.

Is definitely a worrying situation, and not JUST for India... If this outbreak isnt brought under control soon, it could get out of hand very quickly before we even realize its happened.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Same source

The country’s huge and densely-packed population, often rudimentary public healthcare system and lack of adequate sanitation each pose challenges to the containment of a disease like Ebola, health experts say. Combined, they could make it uncontrollable.

In India, around 600 million people defecate in the open, a lack of toilets and in some parts a cultural preference for going outdoors would make it almost impossible for similar public health advice to have the same effect.

Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, said that he would be surprised if there wasn’t a confirmed case in India by the end of the year. If his prediction comes true, it would potentially “set off a cascade” of the disease, which could spread very quickly, Dr. Jha added.

Around 4,700 Indians live in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Another 40,000 live in Nigeria, where eight people have died after 20 cases of Ebola were detected.

“It would only take one of them to become infected, travel to India to visit relatives during the virus’ incubation period and then, once he becomes sick, go to a public hospital there,” Dr. Piot, who is director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, was quoted as saying in the interview. “Doctors and nurses in India, too, often don’t wear protective gloves. They would immediately become infected and spread the virus.”

Large cities with over-populated slums like those in India make it “virtually impossible to find those who had contact with patients, no matter how great the effort,” Dr. Piot said, according to the magazine.

You are talking about a part of the world where they regularly employ low caste citizens to empty toilets by hand. Beauty aside, for those people it literally is a # hole.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier, to be honest.

Once it is India, we will be fooked even if we had no Ebola in the US. This administration refuses to stop flights from infected countries. So, nice to meet you, Ebola.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

We don´t know what is going on in India, media is not telling us. There are big money behind the blackout just think how many companies World wide has invested in India !

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Having traveled there several times myself, and seen it in person i have to COMPLETELY disagree calling it a # hole.

Most of India is a third world country. Visiting the slums outside Mumbai was an eye opening experience in itself. Its hard to put into words - really- but it was an experience that humbled me to this day. One i wish was required of all citizens living in a "first world" country. Living as a good majority of them are forced to do, doesn't make the people on inhabit that region in less human. Nor does it allow anyone to sit in their nice heated and cooled house, with running water and electricity, access to medical care and actual food the right to look down on them and pass judgement simply because of where they happened to be bore into this world. They were some of the most welcoming and hospitable people i have EVER met...

I stand by my sentiments of the comments being incredibly ignorant and racist.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Having traveled there several times myself, and seen it in person i have to COMPLETELY disagree calling it a # hole.

Most of India is a third world country. Visiting the slums outside Mumbai was an eye opening experience in itself. Its hard to put into words - really- but it was an experience that humbled me to this day. One i wish was required of all citizens living in a "first world" country. Living as a good majority of them are forced to do, doesn't make the people on inhabit that region in less human. Nor does it allow anyone to sit in their nice heated and cooled house, with running water and electricity, access to medical care and actual food the right to look down on them and pass judgement simply because of where they happened to be bore into this world. They were some of the most welcoming and hospitable people i have EVER met...

I stand by my sentiments of the comments being incredibly ignorant and racist.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Anybody read Hot Zone or Demon in the freezer? Richard Preston
Both are nonfiction about Ebola and Smallpox respectively.
Very descriptive of the history of these diseases and how humans interact with them.
Might make you lose sleep but illustrates how serious these diseases are.

Demon gives a lot of very specific information about how smallpox was eradicated from India.

edit on 18-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I suppose its just a matter of perspective. I am sure an indian/white/black girl/woman/baby being gang raped by police, teachers, bus passengers or a dozen villagers would argue about their warmth and hospitality.

I have no doubt that India has many beautiful areas and wonderful people. I know without question how intricate its mythology is, how exquisite its art and architecture can be and how hauntingly beautiful its women are.

I realize its a growing leader in scientific innovation and will be one the leading nations pushing us into the depths of space...

But that isn't the India we are talking about.

We are talking about the over crowded and inhumane circumstances that India forces its people to live in by adhering to archaic practices and patriarchal control systems. It is by the very definition of the word, a # hole in many of the most populated areas where the disease will spread.

Thanks for adding nothing relevant to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Anybody read Hot Zone or Demon in the freezer? Richard Preston
Both are nonfiction about Ebola and Smallpox respectively.
Very descriptive of the history of these diseases and how humans interact with them.
Might make you lose sleep but illustrates how serious these diseases are.

Demon gives a lot of very specific information about how smallpox was eradicated from India.

I'm reading The Hot Zone right now. S C A R Y.

I read the very condensed version of The Demon in the Freezer that you can find on the internet. I just about puked reading that one. Yuk!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm actually ready to get ebola...my mind is positive I can beat it...# it...let it spread and the survivors can all wear "I beat ebola tshirts"

It seems we will go broke beating it or it will spread...either way...I want my #ing tshirt
edit on 18-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join