It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger at police officer who 'called dog over' and shot it three times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The officer, from Cleburne, Texas, had been called out to a disturbance where three pitbulls were said to be acting in a very aggressive manner and not letting people exit a vehicle.

But the officer has now been criticised for his handling of the incident after footage from a body camera he was wearing appears to show him making kissing sounds at what look like two fairly sedate dogs before shooting three times.

i100.independent.co.uk...

What can you say about this? American cops just seem to be getting worse every day.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wait I thought the cops were supposed to be better with these cameras? No?
You can't fix stupid apparently.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

WTF that one was wagging its little tail!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Wtf!!!
That was horrible.
Probably paid leave and a 'class' for him tho

People need to stop calling the cops to deal with dogs, cause you get guys like this that pre determine that they are just going to shoot them.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sadistic.

How is this not animal cruelty?

Charges?

Imagine if I shot my dog in public.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Exactly. The dog didn't resist arrest, now did it? I'm not even really trying to make a joke with that; It obeyed one command happily, why wouldn't he think it'd just let him leash or get him into the car? It was a good dog, obviously- they all were.

Oh wait- I answered my own question. I noticed the word 'think' up there some where in regard to a cop.

There are no good police.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Saying there are no good police is just silly. That's a blatant overgeneralization. The problem is the good cops keeping quiet or protecting the bad ones.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am going to have to assume BS on this one.

What suggests this was a police officer shooting the dog or if the dog was even shot?
edit on 18-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

Wow! this is real? I didn't actually read the article, I thought it was just the video.

I have to say as a farm boy. Dog acts up? you pit it down. You don't want to know what happens to an unwanted litter if you think THAT was an abuse of trust
edit on 18-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: added more

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Pitbull dogs are shown loose in a public area (drainage area behind homes) which is illegal in most areas.
Getting animal control there may of taken awhile and since there was already a report against these dogs, shooting them may of been the better option, except in this case there was a home behind the dogs in the line of fire.

Pitbull dogs are dangerous since they have killed more humans than all other breeds combined. Dogs may be nice when the owner (alpha male) is there, but as soon as they are absent, the dogs convert to an aggressive/protective mode.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
Then they are not good..define good for me.
I guess I should say something about the OP, what can you say its a pretty disgusting thing..I wonder what these aholes tell their wives and children what they did or how they explain it.

edit on 18-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

CBS Local confirm it was real dfw.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

CBS Local confirm it was real dfw.cbslocal.com...

I know. The video was weird though. super grainy and didn't get to hear anything on the radio before it cut.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I understand why you're upset with my statement- but you're right- those few that aren't going around tazing grannies and killing every one in sight, don't do anything to stop the ones that do, due to that old blue code or what ever. They allow this to continue.

So who was it? Edmund Burke? Said "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing?" Something like that.
edit on 12u1912pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

Yes unfortunately bad people love to train pit bulls to be aggressive, you can do that to any dog, and the rest of the breed pays the price with these generalized statements.
Just like not all cops are bad, not all pit pulls are bad.

You painted the right picture tho, cop didn't have time to deal with these dogs so easiest solution was just to shoot them.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

A lot of dogs that look similar to an AST or pit bull get lumped into the "pit bull" group. So there are many incorrect reports when it comes to dog related fatalities. Also, the pit bull is the most used and abused dog when it comes to gangs/drug dealers/dog fighting rings etc...this can lead to more accidents in general because they are a very strong dog.

However, a pit bull is not any more aggressive than any other dog. The only difference is the way people treat and stigmatize certain breeds.

I have owned 100's of dogs in my life, and rescued hundreds more ranging from a Papillon to a Cane Corso, and the most aggressive/dangerous dog out of them all was a golden retriever. This was a golden my parents bough when I was young from a reputable breeder that was pretty spendy. We gave him more love than any one dog could ever need, but he was vicious and my parents couldn't handle him and had to give him away.

Just like humans all dogs are different, and you can't label one group bad just because of a few cases.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That was sooo uncalled for! Dog came to him wagging tail.

Really? I'm speechless...

I hope he's fired.
Damn.

What the hell ever happened to tasers and pepper spray as a first line of defense? Cops only seem to know gun use these days.
edit on 18-10-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Texas. Maybe he thought the dog had ebola.

Don't even know what to make of this. If it's true, dude is a seriously mentally deranged person.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The problem is the good cops keeping quiet or protecting the bad ones.

And this doesn't make them bad?
As another said, define "bad" if covering up the actions of "the bad ones" isn't "bad"....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I have to say as a farm boy. Dog acts up? you pit it down. You don't want to know what happens to an unwanted litter if you think THAT was an abuse of trust

As a "farm boy" myself, I call bs on the "dogs act up, you put it down" garbage.
Now...dog starts killing chickens, yes...put it down. Dog starts biting people for no reason, yes...you put it down. But just because a dog is occasionally territorial (only natural) or has a bit of an aggressive streak? No...absolutely not. If it is that simple for you, or anyone else, maybe you should check yourself.
I have put down dogs (and many other manner of animals) in my life. I've killed "vermin" creatures (only trying to survive) all the way up to suffering horses. I've put down aggressive dogs and sick dogs alike. It isn't easy, even when it is just "vermin", though, living out here in BFE one must be willing to sometimes do that which is necessary but not always "nice"....it is what it is...

....but to shrug this off because you are a "farm boy"...ridiculous.

(And yeah, I know what happens to unwanted litters...dogs, cats, etc. Seen it with my own eyes on many occasions as a child.......there are other ways)
edit on 18-10-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
= (

This makes me so sad.
www.abc2news.com...

Pitbulls are one breed out of fifteen on that list. Why are pitbulls the only ones cops are publicly and painfully putting down?
I can only assume it's because they are the ones most often abused, and many officers probably see dogs the same as they see criminals. Unable to be rehabilitated. Which is bull#. Every time I've had a dog in my life, they've all been rescues. 2 pitbulls, 1 beagle, 2 terriers, and a pug. Despite being dumped in a shelter, or being put there for their safety, none of the dogs I've had have been aggressive. I get it. Some dogs are traumatized by what happens to them, but that doesn't speak for all of them.

Michael Vick was making his dogs fight. Yet somecould be adopted. www.huffingtonpost.com... If they were so vicious, how could that happen?

This is why I like dogs more than people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join