It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 ARMY SOLDIERS CHARGED IN ARMED ROBBERY (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It is hard to understand why 3 U.S. Army infantryman would hold up a convienence store, at gunpoint. What circumstances would lead three soldiers to commit a crime of this nature?

www.news-miner.com

Three soldiers arrested in convenience store robbery

The Associated Press

FAIRBANKS (December 8, 5:18 pm AST) - Three Fort Wainwright soldiers have been charged with robbing a convenience store and gas station near the University of Alaska Fairbanks.

Rodnell McGee, 19, Miguel A. Reyes, 20, and Reshay E. Scott, 23, were charged with first-degree robbery and third-degree theft. The men belong to the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Division, which is part of the Stryker Brigade, said base spokeswoman Linda Douglass.

Reyes allegedly acted as the gunman, McGee was the lookout and Scott acted as the getaway driver in the robbery of the Holiday convenience store early Tuesday. Reyes and McGee were in contact via two-way radio, according to court records.

Store clerk Marteshia Clark was unharmed and the cash was recovered.

The holdup happened at about 2:30 a.m. while Clark was working alone. The amount of money taken was not disclosed, but court records indicate the amount was more than $50.

Reyes, who wore dark clothing, dark gloves and a dark ski mask, walked into the store carrying a semiautomatic handgun and a two-way radio, records said. Court records say Reyes demanded money and grabbed some after Clark opened the till.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Alaska State Tropopers did catch the soldiers, there were conflicting reports as local television said there was no tag on the suspect's vehicle and this source says a taillight was out. Each soldier faces a possible 20 years in prison, as well as $25,000.00 bond. What could possibly motivate these three soldiers to do something so, to put it lightly, stupid?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
What could possibly motivate these three soldiers to do something so, to put it lightly, stupid?

I could answer this question with only one word, but such responses have resulted in some heavy disciplinary actions, so I will put it in more complex terms.

1. Stupidity

2. Intoxication

3. Immaturity

4. Stupidity and intoxication.

5. Stupidity and immaturity

6. Stupidity, intoxication, and immaturity.

Did I leave something out?

I hope they get the max. There is no excuse for such behavior. The Army doesn't need them. We don't need their likes on the streets. Twenty years from now, not only will they have matured somewhat, but they will also have lower testosterone levels, even if they aren't any smarter.

join