It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Merger of ISIS and Al Qaeda Could Cripple the Civilized World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There was a post about this very topic back in August but that was more of a "what-if" piece. My aim on this post is to focus on a more impending possibility than just a what if.......? In the Fiscal Times, a publication I know nothing of so I can't verify their authenticity, it says that ISIS-a break-away terrorist group from Al-Qaeda is now in talks to rejoin its mother organization. The article goes on to state that Korasan and the Taliban have decided to join ISIS also. If true, this could be the ultimate bad situation getting even worse.

The recent US intervention in the region along with the new US-led airstrike campaign against ISIS has actually forced the two groups to renew negotiations. For example, recent reports suggested that ISIS and al-Nusra Front are together planning the war against the US-led alliance. The al-Qaeda affiliated Khorasan group in Syria that was also targeted in the recent air attacks declared a few days ago in an audio message that it had joined ISIS. Add to that the Taliban in Pakistan who are hopping on board the ISIS train and you have a potential jihadi World War III.

“I think Britain, Germany and France will witness significant attacks in their territories by the Islamic State. Al-Baghdadi [the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, otherwise known as ISIS] may reconcile with al-Zawhiri [the leader of the al-Qaeda central organization] to fight the crusader enemy. The attacks by the United States and her allies will unite the two groups,” said Hisham al-Hashimi, an Iraqi researcher who just finished writing a book about ISIS based on his unique access to the organization’s documents and years of research and advising Iraqi security forces. al-Zawahiri

“I have been monitoring al-Qaeda’s leaders’ rhetoric towards Baghdadi. They are getting softer and softer….The Islamic State, regardless of how big or small it becomes, will come back to its mother: al-Qaeda,” he added.

So, it seems that we're about to get a Jihadist cluster!*@ with a uniting of several of the more prominent Jihadist organizations. Can this really be happening...? I thought these groups didn't get along....? Can anyone verify the authenticity of 'The Fiscal Times?' Is it a legitimate publication? Or is this publicized fear-mongering? What says ATS?

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Ah nope.

The CIA created Al Qaeda. Post 2010 they aren't an organized sect of terrorism, they are now an ideology.

They've split into various groups already within ISIS, and again, these are groups that have been heavily trained and sometimes heavily armed by intelligence agencies in the past.

So with that being said, there is no thread from ISIS other than isolated incidents that would be carried out under their banner, but NOT by their operational umbrella.

I would worry more if I lived in Europe. The United states has little to nothing to worry about as long as they continue to monitor things effectively at home.

It's funny actually, the Muslim world used America's imperialism against them this time around.

Cripple the civilized world?

Sounds like fear mongering with a hint of cultural racism.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you look at it realistically, this has been going on since 1095 and has really never stopped. I speak of the state of war between Islam and Christianity. The battles may go mostly quiet for periods of time, but the old bad blood always returns.

So far? No destruction to our culture nor to theirs. Lots of destruction, dead people, and changes on maps - yet both cultures continue and flourish.

You'd think after a thousand years somebody in charge of one side or the other might stop to consider that war and violence obviously aren't working and seek to find a better solution.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Korason? when did they come about ?? is that made up or is it real?

i must of missed something.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

If you look at it realistically, this has been going on since 1095 and has really never stopped. I speak of the state of war between Islam and Christianity. The battles may go mostly quiet for periods of time, but the old bad blood always returns.

So far? No destruction to our culture nor to theirs. Lots of destruction, dead people, and changes on maps - yet both cultures continue and flourish.

You'd think after a thousand years somebody in charge of one side or the other might stop to consider that war and violence obviously aren't working and seek to find a better solution.

1095? Isn't that when the Crusades started? I see that point but I also think this is all one big game of chess....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I said this right in the beginning but my post fell to the way side because Im not participating in the left right paradigm.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

right left paradigm?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

When you look at people flying the ISIL flag and the ones claiming Al Qaeda affiliation there are a couple of glaring differences.

1. The house of Saud
2. Zionists
3. Training

Back in the day, say 10 years ago the Zionists and overthrowing the Saudi regime were right up there with attacking the great Satan.

ISIL is new and improved. Wreak havoc on Shia & Christian affiliated groups and leave Saudi and the Zionists alone. They seem to be comfortable with the leftover US military HW and march in formation, which I find quite odd.

I am holding out some hope that ISIL is a trojan horse group intended to wipe out what's left of Al Qaeda. I believe the US traded Iraq for Saudi commitments to hold the production up in OPEC. Israel traded nothing for assurances they will be allowed to eliminate all Palestinians from Gaza permanently. The Saudi's will lure Al Qaeda into the melee and gut them from within. The endgame is crude pipelines from Iraq to the refining infrastructure in the Persian Gulf. Should keep the Iranians and Russians at bay for awhile. I'm going with that model for now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Khorasan is a completely made up group. They used the group to try to take down a French spy who defected. That's why it was so sudden. Khorasan is a fiction of the US government and the media to justify the failed cover up of the French intelligence officer who went rogue as well as to justify bombings in Syria

"former terrorism federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy wrote in National Review that the group was a scam: “You haven’t heard of the Khorosan Group because there isn’t one. It is a name the administration came up with, calculating that Khorosan … had sufficient connection to jihadist lore that no one would call the president on it.”"

"But according to the top U.S. counterterrorism official, as well as Obama himself, there is “no credible information” that the militants of the Islamic State were planning to attack inside the United States."

firstlook.org...

US officials have previously said that the airstrikes targeted members of Khorasan, a group of Al Qaeda veterans dispatched to Syria to plan attacks on Western targets.

However, the "former French officer may have been a more important target," Prothero reports, and the officer is believed to have survived.

One European intelligence official told McClatchy the man was "highly trained in Western intelligence tradecraft and explosives.”

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda as it was in the decade before 911 is now dead. The large well financed organization with with veteran jihadist leadership that had ideas and could enact global attacks has been destroyed and its best leaders killed. What you have now is a shadow of its self with lots of other groups in different regions that took the name (for recruiting and funding) but, never the ideology. The groups have little to nothing in common and have local goals not global. ISIS is much the same way. While elements have lofty goals a large part of its fighting force does not and is simply fighting for local or regional goals. Other groups might take up the ISIS name but, in reality they will just be doing what they already were with under a different name. And franky ISIS saw little need for AlQaeda before and most likely see even less now. If however you see ISIS let AlQaeda join them then you will know things have gone very bad for ISIS.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

Korason? when did they come about ?? is that made up or is it real?

i must of missed something.

Sorry, I mis-spelled the name

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No you know what...

I'm starting to not buy the Al Qaeda, ISIS Pakistani Taliban CIA creation propaganda that's so prevalent in the conspiracy community,

I'm starting to believe that these people are truly enemies of the west and our meddling in their affairs is what's turning them against us and unifying them under a common enemy,

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sorry is not enough.

You must be whiped for you insolence. Pesant.
edit on 10/17/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm starting to believe that these people are truly enemies of the west and our meddling in their affairs is what's turning them against us and unifying them under a common enemy,

If only there wasn't decades of verifiable information to advise otherwise.

There are literally thousands of pages of documents that show clearly that the US has propped up and then subsequently destroyed terrorist networks at their own discretion.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

... In the Fiscal Times, a publication I know nothing of so I can't verify their authenticity, it says that ISIS-a break-away terrorist group from Al-Qaeda is now in talks to rejoin its mother organization. The article goes on to state that Korasan and the Taliban have decided to join ISIS also. If true, this could be the ultimate bad situation getting even worse.

thanks for the input...

those of you who don't know my on-site theory about the Blood-Moon tetrad that began with the 15 April blood-moon which also released the 1st of the Apocalypse ' 4 horsemen of-the-apocalypse-era' (a unique event)

the first White horse & rider, turns out to be "IS-ISIS-The Caliphate" born actually 75 days after the blood-moon
which we can equate with the IS-ISIS mission to go-forth and conquer as the white horse & rider (if we have the proper lens of deciphering prophecy of Revelation & the 4 horsemen)

the 2nd blood-moon which sends forth the 2nd Red horse & Rider known as 'War'...
using the 75 day window-of-opportunity made with the time span of the 1st blood-moon & establishing the Caliphate
then up to ~75 days after the 8 October blood-moon, the Red Horse of WAR will go forth...
that makes it possible for AQ & the Korasan cult and the Taliban and probably Turkey in the mix...
have until 23 December to unite and to consolidate into a broader reaching confederation of 10 Muslim States uniting as One Caliphate and declaring War on all non Islamic Nations...

so I am looking to a pre 23 December 2014 going forth of the Red Horseman & Rider of the War segment of the 4 horsemen
~Conquest~War~Hunger&Pestilence~Death~ i.e.: the 4 horsemen, prior to the tribulation

this kind of unveiling of the eschatological period does not seem so supernatural or mystical, does it?

edit on th31141357379817232014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Actual legitamate documents with trusted sources?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Actual legislate documents with trusted sources?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's just one, perhaps the most famous.

You can look at when the US supported Sadam Hussein in the 80's as well, only to turn on him a few decades later.

Other examples can be found as recently as a few years ago when the US armed rebels in Syria. Now we are fighting those same rebels under the banner of ISIS.

www.salon.com...

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The contras is nothing even close to what your eluding to.

people are taking it way out of context. We didn't create ISIS. We didn't create the terrorist networks during the contras they were already there they were negotiating for hostages not creating terrorist cells.

This same war has been happening for thousands of years all throughout documented history and somehow you think it's new that terrorist cells pop up and align themselves with enemies of the west or Christianity?

Come on

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

that's o.k. , just never heard of that group before. when did it come about? recently?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
There was a post about this very topic back in August but that was more of a "what-if" piece. My aim on this post is to focus on a more impending possibility than just a what if.......? In the Fiscal Times, a publication I know nothing of so I can't verify their authenticity, it says that ISIS-a break-away terrorist group from Al-Qaeda is now in talks to rejoin its mother organization. The article goes on to state that Korasan and the Taliban have decided to join ISIS also. If true, this could be the ultimate bad situation getting even worse.

Why?

Actually better question, why do you fear terrorists to begin with? You have a greater chance to die in your bathroom than you do to a terrorist attack. ESPECIALLY if you live in the US. It's not like that statistic will change if those groups combine their forces. They'll still be using last century technology with all their training coming from movies and their own failures.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join