It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts of Halloween Costumes Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Tis the season where many are deciding what to dress themselves up as, or their children, and the biggest question is always how to out-do, or have a more creative costume than last year, or than anyone else going to the party, lol. I thought it would be a good idea to post your costume ideas, or any previous ones that you may have worn.
Admittedly, I have not dressed up in years, and being a child of the 70's-80's, we had NOTHING like what can be bought now. We actually had to use our imaginations, or crafty skills to come up with something dazzling.
As a child, I was subjected to my mother going to same store every year, and buying the same costume till I was about 6.

Mom had an extreme sense of humor.
So by age 7, when I got to pick my own costume...OH BOY did I swing extremely the other way!

No princess costumes for this girl, lol.
Darth Vader kept me happy for a few years, then I remember dressing up in my dad's clothes, smearing brown make-up on my face and being a construction worker. Last year I went out, I went full on Punk Rocker...Black mini skirt, fishnet stockings, leather jacket. In my adult years I had a couple of Halloween parties and always resorted to a witch costume, just because it fit my personality.

So ATS, share your All Hallow's Eve attire.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I love Halloween just because it's an opportunity to create some pretty cool costumes, I'm a total amateur but I try to be as creative as I can. Here's a few of my previous years costumes.

This one is from Halloween 08 & is the Clark Kent/Superman costume, quite simple Superman T-Shirt, Horn Rimmed specs & slicked hair was all that was needed.

Next one was probably the one that took the longest to do due to Frankenstein not having eye brows, so had to use layers of latex to give the no eyebrow look, picture was taken after I had started to sweat so green paint was starting to run but not bad for a 1st effort.

And finally is my Terminator, I used a kids iron Man mask and cut the eye section out, I then used an eye bath with a red l.e.d. for the eye and latex to stick it to my face.

Each of my costumes cost me less than £20 to create and were a lot of fun to do.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
'Ebola Containment Suit'

Too soon? This product image released by Brands On Sale, Inc. shows a hazmat costume with a respirator. No holiday screams pop culture controversy quite like Halloween. So what's the costume flap of the year? It might just be Ebola, as in Ebola zombies and faux gear to ward off the deadly strain of virus

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Nice idea.

Well, Boardwalk Empire final season will be over soon , so if I were to go to an adult Halloween party, I'd wear something from the 30s style.

Always a hit.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Definitely creative,and I like your budget factor. Some costumes are so over the top expensive for only a few hours of use.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Last year I undressed up. I went and hung out at the bar in my underwear.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Saw that on the net the other day...it may be the "trendy" thing this year,but not my cup of tea. It's in poor taste with everything going on. Won't stop some though.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Very stylin'.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Last year I undressed up. I went and hung out at the bar in my underwear.
Lol...sure,why not? As long as it works for you. Not where I live though,where kids need a snowsuit under their costumes sometimes...brrrrrr.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

One year, I was a cat who got hit by a car and my boyfriend was Buckwheat from Saturday Night Live (Buh-weet) Fun times...

\

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Road kill kitty! Great costume idea! Love the photos you guys are posting!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I was a cat one year too! Not road kill though - I wished I'd thought of that.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dogzilla

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Awwww too cute.

top topics

join