It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vials Containing Ebola Genes Were Stolen From A Canadian Lab In 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.winnipegfreepress.com...

I realize that this occurred back in 2009, but what if other, more recent thefts have occurred, and weren't reported? Having this happen more than once would look pretty bad on a laboratory, wouldn't it?

The reason the thought occurred to me, is the apparent "newness" of the current strain of Ebola that is causing all of the uproar lately.

What if this strain has been engineered? I'm not saying it was, but it's not out of the realm of possibility if vials of these diseases can be stolen, and covered up, as in the story above.

I attempted to search out some other thefts of virulent diseases, and found one from Texas of all places, in which a Venezuelan virus, which very similar to Ebola in its symptoms, was stolen.

abcnews.go.com...

Please remember that I'm not trying to suggest that this is what has happened, but that it is a possibility. Why else would someone steal virulent diseases? Or, if these people were simply paid to steal them, why would someone pay to have them stolen?

I don't know, I'm just trying to think outside the box.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I researched Lost Vials recently and was floored at what I found.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I researched Lost Vials recently and was floored at what I found.

It is truly more than a little disconcerting.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
With all the dangerous things that go "missing" (bio/chem/nuclear) all the time -- I'm surprised nothing really horrible has happened. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of super-secret organization hidden in the shadows that hunts these things down, and stomps out any evil plots.

I'm talking about above the law, beyond the NSA/CIA/DOD/DHS and other known agencies.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Not only stolen or misplaced vials and other agents but there's also 92 nuclear weapons that have been lost at sea.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

What's your thoughts on the biodefense labs that were testing Ebola when this latest outbreak hit, particularly in Sierra Leone?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hmmm.

makes people wonder why all of a sudden Ebola outbreaks like crazy.

Outbreaks Chronology: Ebola Virus Disease

experiments gone wild?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

What's your thoughts on the biodefense labs that were testing Ebola when this latest outbreak hit, particularly in Sierra Leone?

I find that to be very suspicious, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

There's good sources for this information?

Wouldn't exactly surprise me, seems every time they have some kind of "training exercise" that exact situation ends up happening.. I mean what's the odds of that. Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If they were testing Ebola in biolabs, then they wouldn't need to steal vials from elsewhere.

We can just hope that those vials were accidentally destroyed or have just been misplaced and uncatalogued.

But it makes me wonder about those stories about people poisoning wells.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think this is another problem with conspiracy sites. I'm a conspiracy theoriest myself and am not saying I dont do this but I think we should be more concerned with how we're gonna stop this before it gets out of hand and once we've sorted it out then start thinking about where it came from and how it started etc.

There isn't a known disease that isn't in a jar somewhere on the verge of being lost. We just have to plan for the worst. I would like to say that I'm not a preper but I've got myself a years worth of rice, dried fruit, tinned food and a large tank of water (enough to keep three people going for about five months, working on another tank) just in case something goes tits up. I'm not hoping for the end but praying I live through it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
With all the dangerous things that go "missing" (bio/chem/nuclear) all the time -- I'm surprised nothing really horrible has happened. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of super-secret organization hidden in the shadows that hunts these things down, and stomps out any evil plots.

I'm talking about above the law, beyond the NSA/CIA/DOD/DHS and other known agencies.

A group so secret that even names and labels can not stick to them and words can not express their true mission or begin to describe their existance. When we blank out in our minds they are probaly there waiting and watching...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Reading the first two paragraphs, its not Ebola that has gone MISSING, not stolen, Its something else, that isn't as dangerous as Ebola. We have to be careful about what we say because even the smallest word can course panic. I haven't read your entire post because the title concerned me but doing a little reading and looking up the name of it I think that we have more things to be concerned with.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85
Reading the first two paragraphs, its not Ebola that has gone MISSING, not stolen, Its something else, that isn't as dangerous as Ebola. We have to be careful about what we say because even the smallest word can course panic. I haven't read your entire post because the title concerned me but doing a little reading and looking up the name of it I think that we have more things to be concerned with.

Read a little closer. The first article is about stolen ebola genes. The second is about the Venezuelan virus.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

I find that to be very suspicious, to say the least.[/gquote]

Me too.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Russians are missing several dozen tons of weaponized smallpox vaccine.
If we knew everything that goes on in this world we'd never get another nights sleep.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: bludragin

There's good sources for this information?

Wouldn't exactly surprise me, seems every time they have some kind of "training exercise" that exact situation ends up happening.. I mean what's the odds of that. Unbelievable.

Yes. In fact, the lab was shut down by the government after the outbreak. They were asked to move.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

If they were testing Ebola in biolabs, then they wouldn't need to steal vials from elsewhere.

We can just hope that those vials were accidentally destroyed or have just been misplaced and uncatalogued.

But it makes me wonder about those stories about people poisoning wells.

Maybe. Maybe not. Both could be true.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Read this. It sums up the connections

hanan-revue.blogspot.ca...

Also the person that was charged with attempting to smuggle the Ebola materials is a who representive in Africa now.

If you look at the dates the Ebola patents were filed it was just a few months after this konan Michel yao attempted to smuggle the stuff to the biodefense research lab.

This Ebola outbreak has been in the pipes for a while.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Read a little closer. The first article is about stolen ebola genes.

Reading closer is a good idea. Genes from ebola does not equal ebola.

But lax security in a biolab is a serious matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join