It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Members of Doctors Without Borders Infected with Ebola, Nine Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
found this here...

www.jems.com...

from the article...

Where is WHO Africa? Where is the African Union?" said Ekambaram who worked in Sierra Leone from August to September. "We've all heard their promises in the media but have seen very little on the ground."

also...

Four of the organization's medical workers who had just returned from Sierra Leone and Liberia said they were frustrated, "chasing after the curve of the outbreak," according to Jens Pederson, the aid organization's humanitarian affairs adviser. "To manage Ebola is not rocket science. It's very basic infection control and very basic protection of staff," said Pederson who said clean water, chlorine and soap were enough to disinfect an affected area.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

sounds like our fearless leaders could have avoided this , had they provided what was promised.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They have to wrong about this transmission process.

These Doctors were no Amatuers.

Something else is going on...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

yes , it does make one suspicious when you read things like this. just read a few snippets of other articles over at the source , and it doesn't seem too hard to contain. (provided you given the help and materials needed to contain it )
edit on 15-10-2014 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have been trying to post this in every ebola thread I find. The CURE EXISTS

I have been trying to spread across ATS, GLP, Befor its news, then it as follows : 10ppm Nano Collodial Silver mixture with 3ppm H2o2 (Peroxide), with an intraveinous vitamin C (IV) and Delta 9 (THC) treatment (No Smoking) and a cocktail of herbal supplements and teas being ginger, tumeric, bitter melon, and milk thisle.

This treatment MUST be applied within one week of infection. After 1 week the treatment gets considerably weaker as the virus has taken hold.

Note this does not KILL Ebola (Though Collodial alone could) But this uses your own body to push it out.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFO TO SAVE LIFES

Some proof that our Big Brother doesnt want us using Collodial.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm sure all these doctors "breached protocol" too. Silly doctors.

The news just keep getting worse.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

They don't have what they need out there and they are brutally understaffed and fighting a war of attrition with the disease.

They work 20 hour days in some cases in 100+ degree heat in no a/c in canvas tents with buckets as their latrines.

Try keeping that sanitary and keeping your personal protocol 100% perfect all the time.

Now imagine doing it in an ever-increasing flood of patients, some of whom are hostile and become violent for various reasons.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They don't have what they need out there and they are brutally understaffed and fighting a war of attrition with the disease.

They work 20 hour days in some cases in 100+ degree heat in no a/c in canvas tents with buckets as their latrines.

Try keeping that sanitary and keeping your personal protocol 100% perfect all the time.

Now imagine doing it in an ever-increasing flood of patients, some of whom are hostile and become violent for various reasons.

Oh, I know. Sorry I wasn't clear on my last post, I was being sarcastic, since they had blamed the first nurse for something that was not her fault at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

I don't think they blamed her. They blamed a breach of protocol. There is a difference. Basically, they were saying that if their procedures were followed correctly, then no one would have gotten sick. They did not point any fingers at how or who might have broken the protocols. Frieden is the most incompetent press person ever, and he really should not be speaking to the press. What works when you are addressing professionals in a lab gets parsed and chewed up by the media and the public.

Of course, as time goes on, I'm less sure that their protocols were OK, but then again, it may be that the protocols were OK, but the gear is at fault (breach of protocol).

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

What happens when all the Doctors and Nurses die off?

I personally think they should start to take of themselves and come back home. Border those Country's up and let the Virus run its course! I know it's nasty thing to say but I have a feeling it's going to take out most of the Medical Staff!

Or at least if the Medical Staff are going to stay there, don't let them fly back home until they are cleared of any threat!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I read that Ebola is called the nurse killer.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
They have to wrong about this transmission process.

Seeing as in some areas they do not even have the basics such as proper disinfectants and protective gloves im surprised the death rate is so low.
edit on 16-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LukeDAP

Precisely people forget we are not dealing with western hospitals here but poorly equipped shanty buildings and make shift field hospitals that are less equipped than some western elementary schools science labs.

Not to mention the under staffing issues.

new topics

top topics

join