It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUSION...IS...COMING. (courtesy of that darned ol' Skunkworks)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Say what you want about them and their place in history, but once again it looks like that nefarious Skunkworks program in the good old U.S. of A. is going to lead us to the next level of energy. According to the latest reports, we may be as little as ten years away form the energy revolution of true fusion. How you like THEM apples, Big Oil?

sploid.gizmodo.com... rce=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

My bad, guys. Missed the existing thread. Sorry!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Oh, I see now. It's only "impossible" when it's being developed by independent inventors.

Still, it's nice to see it in the pipeline.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We need Doug Coulter on the case, and we'll soon see open source compact fusion reactors for the masses.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Septimus because: oops, compact not cold

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm skeptical, I doubt we'll ever see viable fusion power production on Earth anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

No, COLD fusion is still impossible. Fusion isn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I love these announcements.

It's like. Hi everyone we just nudge nudge wink wink "had a breakthrough" in Fusion power.

What? That thing over there floating silently?

Yeah I can neither confirm nor deny it's existence at this time.

But If I could talk about it. Wouldn't it be cool if it was powered by some fusion reactor that we've had since the 80's?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not quite that long.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

so within the last 20 years.

buy stock now!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I said that back when word leaked NG had bomber problems.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I love these announcements.

It's like. Hi everyone we just nudge nudge wink wink "had a breakthrough" in Fusion power.

What? That thing over there floating silently?

Yeah I can neither confirm nor deny it's existence at this time.

But If I could talk about it. Wouldn't it be cool if it was powered by some fusion reactor that we've had since the 80's?

Come on, man, do you think for one moment we wouldn't have been using this tech to squash all of our enemies if we had it that long? Sometimes a good story is just that...a good story. Not everything is a conspiracy. Yeesh, lol...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Interesting that Lockheed had the breakthrough....

back engineer any ufos recently?

This will change the world guys. And if lockheed is saying they have figured it out.. I dont see how any one could doubt them.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately I'm more skeptical now.

The actual announcement is that they are now seeking partners in academia and government labs.

If they really, truly, had a 5 year timeline to a fully working reactor (as was the original promise), they wouldn't be looking for partners. The CEO, not the techncial lead, would showing off results to boost the share price.

edit on 15-10-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Lockheed always partners with someone to spread their risk out. Hell they let Boeing build part of the F-22 and F-35.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Who says we haven't been.

We just haven't heard about it yet.

Look at top secret copter they used to get bin laden. I still don't see that shown anywhere.

Secrets stay secret for a long time if they want them to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That's what they do. They take a piece of the puzzle out, throw it away and then ask for civilian scientists to come and help them put the puzzle back together. This keeps the appearance that they haven't already had this technology for a while.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Going to toss out a conspiracy theory here....

But the lockheed skunk works division supposedly has been working on this for 60 years... reverse engineering anyone?

The time frame is correct.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
Unfortunately I'm more skeptical now.

The actual announcement is that they are now seeking partners in academia and government labs.

If they really, truly, had a 5 year timeline to a fully working reactor (as was the original promise), they wouldn't be looking for partners. The CEO, not the techncial lead, would showing off results to boost the share price.

Most aerospace companies do this for every project they run. It's pretty rare that the prime does the entire project in house. Especially it would be rare for SW, because they don't have a huge amount of personnel or project development room. They contract # out all the time.

In fact, you generally have not just second but third and fourth tiers below LM, NG or Boeing projects.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
Going to toss out a conspiracy theory here....

But the lockheed skunk works division supposedly has been working on this for 60 years... reverse engineering anyone?

The time frame is correct.

Who said LM has been working on nuclear fusion for 60 years?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Has anyone actually looked into this form of energy, the magnetic shielding within the torus becomes radioactive, which then needs to be replaced. Thus NOT clean energy unless of course your happy to have your children live near a radioactive waste storage facility. There is no 'cold fusion' thus it still needs to be cooled, the energy to cool it, basically negates the energy it creates, unless of course your powering a privately owned 'container ship'.

Oops, did I just say that.

Flying fusion powered aircraft is what people build who know they will not be held accountable for the fall out if it should fall out of the sky. It is not a commercial viable option.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join