It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have been thinking about the family too......and now I am wondering why the news in the Dallas area is keeping ya'll up to date with statements from Duncan's family and fiancé......but yet I hear nothing about it on the national news...or my local news up here in Chicago.....one would think that the greedy media would want to be interviewing them...getting THEIR story....and why is Jesse Jackson quiet now too?

Ay any rate, with this second infection of a healthcare worker exposed via Duncan, you can bet I will be watching like a hawk on steroids for the inevitable infections in other parts of the US....and then, as I mentioned in other threads, I will be spending a lot more time reading at home and less taking the public transportation and taking a break from working up patients in an eye clinic (which is a definite "hands on" kind of job......)

I hope some of the theories I have read on the web are not true. I have been reading conspiracy theories since I was a kid....(and I am almost 50...so that's a long time)....but it was just speculative on my part....more "wow, that would be neat if it's true" type thinking or "oh, that would be AWFUL if it's true"....but with this ebola "crisis".....I am getting really concerned....
not only concerned for the obvious: this could kill a majority of the WORLD if it gets out of hand and/or if it mutates to be easily caught like a cold or "stomach flu"....but it's also concerning because it is OBVIOUS something is not right....that we are not being given all the information we need to make decisions that could very well mean the difference between life and death...and it also looks like our wonderful president/ government isn't doing much about it.....why?

My husband is taking me on a surprise trip tomorrow...it involves our catching a flight at O'Hare....I have been SO excited....but now...I WISH I had um..."borrowed" a few masks from work to bring long for the flight.....I am not prone to panic, (unless I can't find my bike lock key and the train is coming and I'm running late....), but all of this is definitely something that makes one go "Hmmmmm"

Hope I'm just being paranoid and not correct in my life long belief that man was gonna be taken out by a micro-organism...the end of the world comes...not with a bang....but a whisper.....TS Eliot, I believe wrote something like that in his poem Wasteland, If I remember correctly.....
edit on 10/15/2014 by Cornczech because: dang autocorrect betrayed me again.....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
check this letter out apparently slipped under residents doors

SCAN Of LETTER FROM CDC

Q
edit on 15/10/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I dont think they would keep it a secret. My guess? If they arent infected id wager its because he was absolutely certain he had ebola. He knew he was exposed and kept his family at bay. Also they werent near him at the later stages when its most contagious and the fluids contain higher viral loads.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

NY Times had this today:

One of them is Mr. Duncan’s fiancée, Louise Troh, 54, who has been under state-ordered quarantine with her 13-year-old son and two other young men. “Right now, we’re O.K.,” she said in a phone interview from the house where she and the others have been staying, in an undisclosed location. “I’m healthy. Everybody’s fine. God is in control.”

The Rev. George Mason, Ms. Troh’s pastor at Wilshire Baptist Church, drove on Tuesday to pick up an application for a new apartment for Ms. Troh. He said she would be starting over with almost nothing as her old apartment was shut by officials and decontaminated.

“She lost everything,” Mr. Mason said. “It’s like she had a fire.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

SCAN Of LETTER FROM CDC

Q

They mention in the memo that ebola doesn't spread through casual contact.

That isn't true.

At any rate, why clean anything if casual contact with an infected person isn't dangerous??? They state in the memo that they are cleaning any areas of potential contact.

edit on b000000312014-10-15T07:51:02-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 15 Oct 2014 07:51:02 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

(As a side note, It might spread in the late stages because this is the time the patient cannot take care of their bodily functions by themselves.)

Good side note.

In the late stages, the victim "crashes' and bleeds out. Blood seeps and runs from every orifice, including sweat pores.

Potential for projectile vomit is there as well. If those in attendance faces were "partially exposed" as they stood close over the patient in attendance when something like that repeatedly happens…

They could have wiped their faces and smeared it around on their skin.

Not "blaming" anyone here except Ebola for more people catching it at that time.

In the late stages Ebola oozes from patients, seeking fresh victims.
edit on 15-10-2014 by intrptr because: forgot quote

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

NY Times had this today:

One of them is Mr. Duncan’s fiancée, Louise Troh, 54, who has been under state-ordered quarantine with her 13-year-old son and two other young men. “Right now, we’re O.K.,” she said in a phone interview from the house where she and the others have been staying, in an undisclosed location. “I’m healthy. Everybody’s fine. God is in control.”

The Rev. George Mason, Ms. Troh’s pastor at Wilshire Baptist Church, drove on Tuesday to pick up an application for a new apartment for Ms. Troh. He said she would be starting over with almost nothing as her old apartment was shut by officials and decontaminated.

www.nytimes.com...

Maybe that is a recent statement but I think I have heard that exact same statement over a week ago. I will see if I can dig up any links and post.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

edit on 15-10-2014 by intrptr because: redacted portion

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My apologies if this has already been posted.

Portion of statement provided by nurses caring for Duncan.

“There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department” if they had questions, but that department didn’t have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with “copious amounts” of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while wearing gloves with no wrist tapes, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, it alleged.

So basically - without surgical booties, anything they stepped in went right out the door with them.

www.dallasnews.com...[editb y]edit on 15-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That isn't true.

Please don't say that without positive links to back it up. Simply agreeing with others about it in other threads is not proof positive.

Keep your pants on people , if it was really "airborne" like the common cold, there would be a hundred cases, a thousand by now.

We have three, confirmed.

Before you call lies everyone, show your proof not conjecture.

Where did I say anything about it being airborne???
I said that it isn't true about casual contact.
You realize that 'casual' is a descriptive for sex today?
Is not shaking hands a casual act?
Ebola can pass through your skin. It is found in the sweat of infected persons.

If anything some people seem to be afraid and can not accept what is happening and bury their heads in the sand to compensate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: loam

NY Times had this today:

www.nytimes.com...

Maybe that is a recent statement but I think I have heard that exact same statement over a week ago. I will see if I can dig up any links and post.

Not finding anything, sorry. The only public statement I can find is about the investigation into his death and how she hopes "a thorough examination will take place regarding all aspects of his care."

And that was October 8, the day of his death.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

SCAN Of LETTER FROM CDC

Q

I love how the letter says that the virus doesn't spread through casual contact--I guess you should only worry if you are wearing medical protective gear.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Anyone see the spot on the judges neck? Looks like blood.

IMO ~ he looks like a deer caught in headlights.

I noticed that too

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: intrptr

That isn't true.

Please don't say that without positive links to back it up. Simply agreeing with others about it in other threads is not proof positive.

Keep your pants on people , if it was really "airborne" like the common cold, there would be a hundred cases, a thousand by now.

We have three, confirmed.

Before you call lies everyone, show your proof not conjecture.

Where did I say anything about it being airborne???
I said that it isn't true about casual contact.
You realize that 'casual' is a descriptive for sex today?
Is not shaking hands a casual act?
Ebola can pass through your skin. It is found in the sweat of infected persons.

If anything some people seem to be afraid and can not accept what is happening and bury their heads in the sand to compensate.

Sorry Butcherguy I see what you were saying now, post redacted. Thanks for keeping me in line.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GeorgiaGirl

I love how the letter says that the virus doesn't spread through casual contact--I guess you should only worry if you are wearing medical protective gear.

Well said!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
No problem.
I just feel that they think we are stupid, when they make a big deal out of disinfecting her apartment and common areas, then tell us that you can't catch it anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I just feel that they think we are stupid, when they make a big deal out of disinfecting her apartment and common areas, then tell us that you can't catch it anyway.

Well, not from the roaches that "bug out" anyway. Who would rent an Ebola apartment?

You're right that part of the memo wasn't "accurate". I wonder what the reverse side of it says?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
So when is the CDC going to admit they were wrong? They were wrong about the proper procedures. They were also wrong about stopping flights.

)

OBAMA is responsible for stopping the flights, not the CDC. They are doing what he demands. Obama is directly responsible for allowing Ebola in the U.S., and now responsible for harming Americans.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I wonder what the reverse side of it says?

I wondered the same when I finished reading the front!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just found this. It came out October 6, two days before Duncan died:

www.courthousenews.com...

"The sworn representations of the applicant, who is a credible person, state that the proposed patient is reasonably suspected of being infected with the communicable disease, Ebola, that presents a threat to public health; has failed or refused to follow the written or verbal orders of the commissioner and presents a substantial risk of harm to himself or others if not immediately restrained."

Then Dr. Lakey says this person needs to be guarded at either Parkland Hospital, Texas Health or other hospital.

Who is this person?! Does anyone know anything about this?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join