It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wakefield 'MMR mother' fabricated injury story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Yet more proof (if any was needed) that prominent anti-vax campaigners are lying liars who lie...

A Warrior Mother Lost to MMR Lies
(subscription required to read the whole piece but you can read it HERE for free).

Here's an excellent summary of Wakefield and the "warrior mother".
www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

Essentially a mother fabricated claims that her child developed autism from the MMR and after contacting Wakefield went on a crusade to convince others they shouldn't have it.
She also plied her son with a myriad of worthless (and potentially harmful) treatments.
"Founded upon her claim that her son was an MMR victim, she had embarked upon an odyssey of often costly remedies and responses, ranging from wrapping electrical equipment in his room with tin foil, through cranial osteopathy, reflexology, oxygen chamber sessions for six hours at a time, and dosing him with handfuls of pills."

Oh, and there's the "minor" issue of the £3 MILLION class-action lawsuit she brought against the makers of the vaccine under the advice from Wakefield's clinic...

Whilst there are genuine cases of children (and adults) having severe reactions to vaccines (thankfully extremely rare) and needing help afterwards, cases like this make me sick to the stomach.

And it's these types of cases which the anti-vax brigade propagate and encourage with their nonsensical and fabricated autism/vaccine conspiracy.

Some people wonder why I bother with refuting what anti-vaxxers say and do.
The fact that she and others like her put their children through hell going on the "advice" from frauds like Wakefield is more than enough for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

The term "anti-vaxxer" is a creation of a PR firm employed by Pharma. Now that we have that bit of shinfo cleared up, what is the lie --exactly?

"Lying liars that lie" That's from second grade right?

So back to the substance. Can you illuminate your assertion by specifically noting the lies? Maybe there is something to be salvaged here?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Did you even read the links?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The term "anti-vaxxer" is a creation of a PR firm employed by Pharma. Now that we have that bit of shinfo cleared up, what is the lie --exactly?

So back to the substance. Can you illuminate your assertion by specifically noting the lies? Maybe there is something to be salvaged here?

If you had bothered to read you would have seen ...

Medical records, investigated for the Court of Protection, found that, before learning of Wakefield, "M's" parents had blamed an incident at 10 months of age for their son's developmental issues, and that there was no record of any alleged problem linked by the family to MMR for nine years after vaccination

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
No sympathy for children who do end up getting Measles, Mumps or Rubella, because their mothers swallowed the whole autism charade whole.

I'm surprised proponents of a "depopulation" conspiracy aren't claiming the autism conspiracy itself is causing depopulation from the infertility caused by Mumps and the teratogenic effect of Rubella. I guess different conspiracy theorists have a gentleman's agreement to never call each other out on their bull?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
No sympathy for children who do end up getting Measles, Mumps or Rubella, because their mothers swallowed the whole autism charade whole.

I'm surprised proponents of a "depopulation" conspiracy aren't claiming the autism conspiracy itself is causing depopulation from the infertility caused by Mumps and the teratogenic effect of Rubella. I guess different conspiracy theorists have a gentleman's agreement to never call each other out on their bull?

Speaking as someone who has been deaf in my right ear since I was 5 because of mumps I cannot even start to explain how angry anti-vaxxers make me.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I went ahead and gave my son all his vaccines. I got them and I turned out almost normal so what the hey. I think he's due for the stage two something or other though. According to AJ that's the one that's going to:

A) make him artistic
B) give him cancer
C) infect him with a mystery illness
D) all of he above

Idk man.... Pretty serious facts there

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Can you give me the name of the PR firm who created the short version of anti-vaccination please?
I'd like to work there as the work looks really easy to do.
Or are you lying about it?

Would you prefer I called them anti-science?

And whether "lying liars who lie" is second grade or not, it fits.
Perfectly in most cases.
Or would you rather I called them dishonest, fraudulent, disingenuous, vindictive, poisonous, manipulative, deceptive, harmful etc etc.
Your call.

The big lie, the one that has been propagated by the anti-vax brigade, is that vaccines cause autism.
The vast majority of anti-vax nonsense is based upon that premise.

There are a few offshoots but they have been stoked by the mistrust put in place by the above falsehood.

Feel free to attempt to refute that.

new topics

top topics

join