It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola outbreak: 1st human trials of Canadian vaccine start in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Source

The first human clinical trials of a Canadian-developed Ebola vaccine, VSV-EBOV, begin in Maryland today to assess the vaccine's safety and determine the appropriate dosage to fight the virus that has killed more than 4,000 people, largely in West Africa, Health Minister Rona Ambrose announces.

"We are able to share some very promising and hopeful news in the fight against Ebola," Ambrose said from Calgary.

She made the announcement at a joint press conference with chief public health officer Dr. Gregory Taylor, who spoke from Toronto.

Both stressed no individuals in Canada have ever been diagnosed with Ebola, and the risk of contracting the disease remains low in this country.

This is good news. Although experimental vaccines have their own problems I would imagine, outside of if they work or not for their intended purposes.

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Source

The first human clinical trials of a Canadian-developed Ebola vaccine, VSV-EBOV, begin in Maryland today to assess the vaccine's safety and determine the appropriate dosage to fight the virus that has killed more than 4,000 people, largely in West Africa, Health Minister Rona Ambrose announces.

"We are able to share some very promising and hopeful news in the fight against Ebola," Ambrose said from Calgary.

She made the announcement at a joint press conference with chief public health officer Dr. Gregory Taylor, who spoke from Toronto.

Both stressed no individuals in Canada have ever been diagnosed with Ebola, and the risk of contracting the disease remains low in this country.

This is good news. Although experimental vaccines have their own problems I would imagine, outside of if they work or not for their intended purposes.

Thoughts ATS?

The polio vaccine started this way.

There must be human trials on vaccines. There is no way around it.

There probably will be problems adjusting the dosage and the experimenters should not be condemned when it happens.

There will probably be someone contracting Ebola from the vaccine in the early stages of human trials,

we should expect this as normal and a part of the process and not condemn the vaccine later due to this.

But people will scream about human trials as if this can be accomplished without human trials.

And the best trials can not take place in the hot zone, because one doesn't know if the vaccine or exposure caused Ebola. So they must take place outside the hot zone.

edit on 11Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:37:25 -0500am101310amk131 by grandmakdw because: highlight

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

UUUUUUU how warm and fuzzy eh

A Canadian vaccine, from the mini USA, or the younger sister of USA

here you go

why I will never take Ebola vaccine - ATS THREAD ON EBOLA CURE MADE IN 2010
edit on 13-10-2014 by ExSmokerYes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was very surprised to learn this vaccine was developed in my country, as I had no idea we were even working on such a thing. I hope the trials go well.

top topics

join