It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doghouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Wearing jerkface, tucking weakness away, I stand defiant against the pull of your gaze. Nothing in this life has ever been so lovely to my sight and I am just trying to hide the fear in my eyes. Failing you, fumbling mess of tangles unfurled, I crawl into the corner to act cool and calm. From the moment I saw you standing there, I knew my life was ending here and now together or apart, I will never be the same. Could you love a being of weakness, a twisted mess of torments, a seeker of your secrets? You had my love before you ever manifested into my sight. The hole within my heart has always been reserved for you, and it ached with the prospect of satisfaction upon its first encounter with you.

If you can forgive, I can learn to love. If you can be patient, I can figure out how to escape the madness of this prison I've designed to find my way to you. Hate me, be angry at me for what I've done, make me crawl on my knees through the deserts of this world seeking whatever it is you desire and then change your mind and send me out again, but don't close the door on our future just yet, whether that door is open or shut, I will always be standing here preparing myself for you. If you'd seen where I came from, you'd know how far I've already journeyed to find you. Every day for long decades has been spent in preparation for you. You are the love of my life, my sweetest Angel of light and the spark of your laughter, the glow of your love, the illumination of your rapture is all that I need in this world or any other.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A riddle...And the letter "E"

Nice prose....and nice song too...

Got any lyrics i can has?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the kind words. E indeed. I've gotten semi-poetic/lyrical during certain spells of my life, but I don't save much of anything I write. I've written stuff like that for my gf, maybe she's saved some of it... Did you have anything in mind?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Welcome...

Not really...anything lyrical with a stanza or few lines
that could be a chorus. I've lots of music but am too literal
when it comes to prose...

I am always asking when I find someone with something I like

here's a sample of something never finished if you wanna help

anyway...I have piano stuff as well which is easier
to fit words to..

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

If you had a melody that you wanted words for and you had a theme or general idea, I would be willing to try to come up with words for it, or if you have a theme or idea, I can try to come up with something rhythmic that might be adaptable for musical purposes.

Twisted Cliches

Casting stones at glass walls as a nightmare captivates the mind I left behind. I swallow down the laughter treating emptiness like a doctor at his end. My reflection sneers at me while I am stuck inside. Catch that worm, don't let it go unless you want to walk away from the show. The fence is a barrier your mind manifests to keep you from the greenest grass that you could ever know. I'm slaughtering my habits, but they just resurrect. They won't stop haunting me from the sickness that infects. This picture tells a story of the life I've left untold, but it can never capture all the truth I that behold. I keep watching the water churn as ages boil away, but nothing ever comes from it, it just remains the same. I witness all your splendor dance before my eye, is this just an illusion of the ugliness you hide? I run away from everything the harder that it gets, it's time I turned this ship around and faced the emptiness. I tread upon that well worn road paved with good intents, but it has led me to a place I'll never rest.

Of course you'll need some variation, but these are some twisted repurposed cliches that might be good for core rhythmic verses. I'm not really a poet or a songwriter, but I'm willing to do whatever I can.

join