It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I love Garlic and grew a load over summer and I filled a huge jar with the peeled bulbs and filled with oil and chillis and left it for a month and I just used it to cook a pasta dish with broccoli and grilled chicken and I used the oil and two garlic bits to add flavor.
IT WAS WONDERFULL
We all know Garlic is good for you in so many ways but what are your fave dishes to use Garlic in?.
Oh and I love Garlic soup also

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
you nned to be carefull doing that due to a horrible bacteria that can grow with garlic and oil.

Will try and find some info and put up a link.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It would be easier to ask what foods are NOT my favorite to put garlic in.

I really, really dislike garlic in my chocolate pudding. And in peanut butter cookies. Other than that, it goes with everything!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks, nonspecific. I was getting ready to post a link or two about the risk of botulism. I use my garlic oil within a day or two to be on the safe side.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is i remember somthing you can do to reduce the risk. I did this for years until I found out, as the op says its a wonderful flavour but not worth the risk imo

a reply to: NiteNGale2

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Crushing up fresh garlic to release as much of it's juicy goodness as possible, then taking that juice and spreading it over steaks for grilling. Yummy. And of course the crushed bits of garlic get sprinkled all over everything!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I like to take elephant garlic, it's milder than most other garlic, slice it into medallions and toast it in olive oil. Add a dash of red pepper and salt. Goes great with a cold beer.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As to the op question,

Get a few whole bulbs of garlic and leave whole but slice the top off, not too much just enough to expose all the tops.

Put tight in a dish and fill with olive oi(good stuff)

cover and bake in a slow oven for a set amount of time.

Its done when it goes a darkinh brown colour and is really soft and just starting to caramalise.

Put balsamic vinagar, brown sugar and a couple of star anise in a pan and reduce to a sticky syrup.

serve as a pre starter with crusty bread, you can spread the garlic like butter and then dip it in the oil and balsamic reduction. it's best if you have a couple of different breads.

a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ah I have a great immune system and eat green meat many times.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I do that and add them to my roast potatoes on my sunday dinner.
My first job was a fishmonger and it was freezing behind that counter and my boss told me to keep warm eat a whole bulb of fresh garlic a day to thin my blood and it will keep me warm...it worked a treat but my farts smelled like pure garlic

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The best way to preserve that garlic long term is to make confit which removes all of the water, and hence all of the risk of botulism, out of the produce.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I sprinkle peanut butter sarnies with garlic pepper.

I eat loads of em.

Greatly enhances what would otherwise be a boring, bland, unrewarding chew fest.

Healthy too; I've reduced my serum cholesterol by 2mmol/L so far, and I credit that purely to the humungous amounts of garlic in my diet.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Roasted garlic always necessary to add that to homemade hummus ... always.

Well, always better to put more garlic in just about everything.

Garlic and mushrooms - house superfoods!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

BIG fan of pickled garlic here but I usually try to get wild leeks to pickle instead if I can get them.

Garlic dishes eh? (eh..the Canadian in me)

1.My spaghetti sauce.
No cans,reduce a bunch of roma tomatoes to make the sauce,add garlic to taste...I like lots.
Slice the garlic paper thin.

2.Honey garlic frog legs (I hunt myself) and toss onto a bbq

3.Lobster with garlic butter....heavy on the garlic.

4.Garlic and olive oil for a good base for cooking certain things in a pan.

5.Pizza and garlic go together like peanut butter and jam.

I tried to grow some this year as well but it looks like it might take another year to get them to full size so I am letting them go until next year.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

OMG honey and garlic
never attempted coating anything like that.

Oh and also folks I didn't waste the leaves on the plants just washed them and added them to salads for a tiny taste of the lovely bulb.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Honey-garlic frog legs just activated my salivaries.
Not sure how you gather frogs, but I have had a lot more success with a lure and reel as opposed to a gig.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Pellet gun.
As i have recently found out though,in my area you can only get them with a bow.
Laws might be different where you are though.

After a weekend out in the woods,I get a few frogs and honey garlic them as my appetizer before my meal...its my welcome home meal.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I love garlic. Been eating it since I was very little.

It's great in sauces, fried or baked. I love it raw though. Black garlic is amazing. It's fermented and the flavor is unbeatable. Handfuls of garlic all the time in my Italian sauces.

Fra diavolo to me is spicy and garlic. Now I need garlic! S + F.

If anybody's ever tried garlic that's been kept in real honey for awhile please let me know. I understand it's amazing and has many uses.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Garlic has some risks, like eating too much of it as raw. When raw garlic gets to bloodstream, it becomes really harmful. There is sulphone hydroxyl in garlic, which can cross the blood-brain barrier, which is poisonous and kills brain cells. That may be the reason why there is no garlic in Ayuervedic medicine, even when it has so many health benefits. Onion and garlic are recognized as "tamasic", or ignorance in Ayurveda.

Dr. Robert C. Beck, DSc studied human brains during the 1980s and noticed that garlic has detrimental effect on the brain. He also said that it was known as early as 1950s that garlic reduces reaction time by 2 or 3 times.

In Taoism garlic is considered to be poisonous for the heart.

Even in China, garlic is known as harmful food, causing dizziness and being poisonous to liver.

And Garlic is dangerous to dogs too.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

Very dangerous to dogs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join