It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The invisible workers, who else is being exposed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

This is my outlook on things. If things get out of control, its because of things out of your(our) hands. Right now, you live in one of if not the safest countries in the world when it comes to contagion spread. So if you get it here, there was really no amount of preparing that you could have done to prevent it. Yes there are cracks and leaks (nothing is perfect), but to succumb to fear and paranoia because a few people get a bad disease is very disingenuous.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have always been proactive, and have no intention of stopping that now. I'm not panicking, I'm worried though. It's time to pay attention. I've no intentions of being disingenuous, I'm simply trying to figure out what to do.

You have an excellent point that we are better off than many countries to deal with it. We have an infrastructure that could help prevent a spread. That infrastructure could also spread things quicker if we don't simply pay attention.

Many many simple mistakes in life could be averted simply be paying attention. We are human though and easily distracted by thoughts or other things. In this case it could start meaning larger loss of life. I'm sure that anyone who is capable of making that difference would love to, if given the proper truthful information and the necessary tools to stay safe.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

You can't pay attention to everything. You WILL be blindsided by something in your life. This is no exception. Right now there are small signs showing of some future problem in your life that you could have prevented if you had paid attention to them. Right now though, they appear benign and you don't think anything of them. Same goes for me, and everyone else on this planet. Also, it is easy to look back on a catastrophe and say, "we should have done this," or "we should have been more vigilant!" when you can view all the signs leading up to the catastrophe as a sequence of events. Your phrase to pay attention, is just the word "paranoia" wrapped in an easy to digest form.

I feel that the appropriate attention is already being paid to this by the people being paid to pay attention to it; I'm not going to spare any more attention than I have to (which is more than I want thanks to the MSM).
edit on 13-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, you know how it goes right now. Everybody is on edge. I'm personally pissed at the moment.

Last week a rumor started floating on Craigslist rants and raves locally, that there was an Ebola case in town. A couple of days later, someone posts about a patient puking blood at the native health clinic.

Well, here is what I found out last night. radiokenai.net...

Apparently the local EMS guys transported somebody with flu symptoms. This individual was concerned for their health, and worried that they might have Ebola! This individual has recently traveled in an African country with Ebola cases, but not widespread.

We have nothing to worry about though, THECDC ALGORITHM SAYS THAT NE DOESN'T HAVE EBOLA, BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE WE CAN'T TEST FOR ITIN THE STATE OF ALASKA ANYWAY.

Is this Mr. Duncan all over agin? I can't believe at its ok, just because of the CDC algorithm.

Help me ATS! I need to get to the bottom of this. If the gentleman who is sick is concerned, then I want to know what the flip is going on. And of course according to our plan, we should be holed up at home now, but my husband isn't willing to quit his job. They still have no protections whatsoever beyond the usual.

Help, just help!! I'm kind of freaking out! I woke up on the war path this morning, I just need to figure out what to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join