It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when clouds were puffy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Something was strafing the sky this morning. Ah but they're totally natural clod formations, aren't they?

Wish the second pic was of higher definition, but this is what I could capture with my iPhone. I've never seen anything like this before. It looks like some kind of harmonic resonance caused this. The lines were very regular - evenly spaced - almost look like a radar pattern would look.
edit on 74349Wednesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
yeah, that is pretty weird!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Why yes, I remember puffy clouds, saw some yesterday actually.

Regarding your pictures, those are normal contrails and Cirrus clouds.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Flight patterns. Go to Flight Aware and you'll be able to trace what just flew over and where it was going.

Why the contrails sustain so long now is another topic. When I was a kid decades ago, clouds were always some version of 'puffy' and contrails only lasted a few minutes at best and usually subliminated almost immediately. There's far more planes in the air now than before but seeing several contrails like that hanging in the air means an awful lot of flights over your area all within a limited time frame.

Where the hell is everyone going? Haven't they heard of Skype? Who has this kind of money to blow on plane tickets??

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Star & Flag just for the title alone

Well I live in Manchester UK and I can tell you am looking at some big puffs in the sky now, nothing but in fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Re: Pic #2 Does anyOne else see the face? Looks to be the face of "Us" when "We" were still chucking spears.. It 'could' also be where "We" are currently on 'Our' evolution as a "group consciousness" "We" are still just "chucking rocks"...

It is above the 'solid white' 'He is looking over Your left shoulder..."

I 'may' be the Only One, has happened before and "may" happen again. As "change" is the ONLY 'constant'...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I also remember when the skies were so blue it might hurt to stare for too long.

Now it's just shades of whatever.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I've been seeing this type of cloud formation for the past couple of years. The contrails slowly spread out in a wave pattern throughout the day and turn in to those pathetic looking clouds in your first picture. I'd always notice them a few days to a week before a very light rainfall. If you look at it in the right light it almost gives off the iridescence of an oil spill.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

High bypass turbofans, as opposed to low bypass turbofans used on previous aircraft. The new engines form contrails at lower altitudes than older engines.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
I've been seeing this type of cloud formation for the past couple of years. The contrails slowly spread out in a wave pattern throughout the day and turn in to those pathetic looking clouds in your first picture. I'd always notice them a few days to a week before a very light rainfall. If you look at it in the right light it almost gives off the iridescence of an oil spill.
Yeah the second pic, is what I found to be even more odd than the usual persistent "contrails". The lines were a very regular pattern. If you look toward the bottom of pic 2, you see a "v" shape. It's as if all these "clouds" originated from a central point and the lines are like ripples formed when a rock is tossed in water. Oddest "clouds" or "contrails" I've seen. Ah but they're just puffy white clouds.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: signalfire

High bypass turbofans, as opposed to low bypass turbofans used on previous aircraft. The new engines form contrails at lower altitudes than older engines.
Yeah we know

They make weird lines like this too?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RayVon

that made me smile too

S&F for the title

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Depending on wind conditions they can make all sorts of strange patterns. I've seen contrails do all kinds of weird things as winds push them around.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you mean high-altitude clouds such as cirrus or cirrostratus clouds?
If so, then no -- they aren't so puffy.

Or do you mean lower-altitude clouds, such as cumulus clouds?
Now THOSE are puffy.

Of course, different weather conditions bring different clouds, so sometimes you'll have the non-puffy cirrus, and sometimes you'll get the low and puffy cumulus. My weather today is generally fair, and I see puffy cumulus clouds outside my window. Judging by their apparent fast speed, they are probably relatively low -- about 5000 or 6000 feet, as opposed to the less puffy cirrus clouds, which are usually at 30,000+ feet.

edit on 10/8/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm used to seeing clouds with flat bottoms around here in the UP. That is because of Lake Superior. The puff balls down in Florida and Arizona look weird to me. I know that this is off topic but I am trying to say that change in climate conditions can also cause some changes in the shape of clouds.

Clouds can change shape a little by something pulsing on the ground. I have seen clouds following on one side of a power transmission line without crossing over too. Lots of things we do can cause that to occur. Is there something that has changed in that area, sort of like a new factory or some big machinery running?

Rock crusher making gravel running?
edit on 8-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Clouds can change shape a little by something pulsing on the ground. I have seen clouds following on one side of a power transmission line without crossing over too.

Is it possible that the power lines were in a cleared area, while the sides of the power lines were areas of trees?

If so, the relative coolness of the trees may have been a factor, creating areas of cooler air above them in which air moisture is more likely to condense into clouds.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: rickymouse
Clouds can change shape a little by something pulsing on the ground. I have seen clouds following on one side of a power transmission line without crossing over too.

Is it possible that the power lines were in a cleared area, while the sides of the power lines were areas of trees?

If so, the relative coolness of the trees may have been a factor, creating areas of cooler air above them in which air moisture is more likely to condense into clouds.

This phenomenon can effect clouds a little from research I have done. It won't deflect a big storm though, but it can alter things a little. www.greenfacts.org...

Been having a harder time finding what I want with windows eight, I even have more of a problem now with european search engines, it seems that this is restricting things based on past searches somehow. I have little patients with this, when I type something in, I want to find both sides of what I am looking for at the time, not what I had previously studied.

I have three different search engines now and they all seem to show me the same thing, it has to be in Windows 8 itself. The suggestions are the same in every search engine when typing. Do you know how to shut this off? If I would have never known how much is available I would have never known I was missing something.
edit on 8-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieJesus

Why yes, I remember puffy clouds, saw some yesterday actually.

And I saw some today as I was coming home from work.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not sure what the fuss is about.

I see puffy, fluffy, billowing clouds all the time here in southern California.

And LAX is over there northwest of me, March ARB is northeast, I'm under one approach to Orange, Burbank is north, and San Diego / Lindburgh field is south. Not one chemtrail to be seen.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

your pics have " puffy clouds " in them too - so I struggle to see what your actual point is

top topics

<<   2 >>

join