It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bardarbunga Halloween Eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I am going to make a prediction that the main Bardarbunga volcano will erupt on Halloween, plus or minus three days. I believe that the caldera will have fallen so much that the whole thing will give way causing the glacier above to collapse into the magma chamber causing a tremendous explosion. It is possible that much of the ice will be thrown out before vaporizing or melting. Luckily, I don't think the area is populated. Ice chunks could be as big as houses.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Please predict the next super volcano eruption! I'm getting really tired of this status quo bullshiz

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

Its already erupting.

Has been for a month

I feel you though. Although Icelandic volcanoes are more like Hawaiian eruptions with less steam and more lava, there could be a dome collapse if the lava well below the summit empties out enough. A dome collapse could precipitate an explosion like Krakatoa, if thats what you are posturing.

Okay… more or less.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
but very well possible...the caldera is cracking now...lots of eq's higher than 3...
if the roof collapses (already 33 mtr drop)it could turn to an massive explosion when the glacier drops into the magma...the danger is there...but when? with this rate of eq's it could last 2 weeks....baering.github.io...
.a reply to: intrptr

edit on 7-10-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
nothing is letting up and if it continues something is bound to give sooner or later. It is a record for magnitude 5+ eq's during eruption for Iceland not sure about the world. So this is something new.

Personally I had my money on 8th so I'll see how that bet goes down tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

You guys are hopefully not on onto something. Thats how calderas are formed.

Yikes.

Then I remember that geology and the earths crust are sloooow movers.

new topics

top topics

join