It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amtrak Train Traveler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I love to travel. I don't get to travel as much as want right now. But I was fortunate enough to go across America in planes, trains and on the road. Riding Amtrak as a teen were some of the best traveling memories of my life. ou go where no roads will bring you and you see the most beautiful wild countryside. I think next time I go somewhere long distanct it'll be Amtrak all the way.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've ridden on Amtrak from Salt Lake to Reno and Sacramento. It's cheaper than flying and it is more peaceful. Taking an overnight trip where you can sleep during most of the trip is the way to go if you have long hours before you can see family again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Yeah im with you on that one.
When i first came to this country i got a greyhound bus pass and traveled all over America,it was a great experience but traveling on a bus is exhausting when some of the trips are 48 hours and you are sat in a chair.
The year after though i got an Amtrak eastern seaboard pass and traveled down to Florida,that was brilliant,beers in the dining car,not glued to my seat,great views.loved it.
I also traveled from Cleveland to Miami on Amtrak in the middle of winter and sat in the viewing car looking out into the snowy woodlands.
I would love to travel by train again.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The spelling mistakes on this thread were made by a hacker who logged into my account to create issues for me. This has happened many times in the last several years. I apologize for the annoyance.

new topics

top topics

join