It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans to Strangle Protests in Hong Kong .....Maybe.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

At least one Hong Kong hand has ventured an opined scenario Vis a vis China and the Hong Kong protestors......
Violence like Tianamin is not on his prediction for the governments stance,
(which is good ....possibly)
I for one would not put it past the Hong Kong authorities to be forced to call in the tanks should their snake agenda fail to work.....
ANY THOUGHTS HERE?
They have till Monday to disperse.....

edit on 5-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Edit all-caps out of title. MOD NOTE: The use of all-caps in titles

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I had read that the protesters were ordered to disperse by Monday morning (now) so that government workers could resume their duties.

Looking at this livestream here, they are, apparently not dispersing.

I don't speak Chinese so I have no idea what is being said but, I don't see much chaos, just people sitting around. A small group of police.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

One thing is for sure. They (HK govt) are not interested in any kind of change. Beijing will not approve any of the proposed solutions unless it is just temporarily to get them off the streets. Trickery and force are really the only two options they are really looking at. Hopefully it doesn't end violently, but I am sure the HK govt is getting ultimatums from Beijing as well, ala "End this now!".

edit on 5-10-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Protest doesn't look like it going away any time soon......
There will be a crackdown soon enough I think......
Whether the protestors get hurt in the process wont matter much then........
Perhaps no tanks....but fire hoses and tear gas for sure....along with liberally administered rubber bullets or truncheons......
This actually could be the spark....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have said it before...China will KILL THEM ALL. It's not a matter of if, but when. Mainland China wants nothing more than to erase the ghosts of Britain from the island. Expect HK to go through what Tibet went through. This is just the beginning of the "process". The fact that the protestors want "freedom and democracy" bucking the traditional "communism" China promotes will be their downfall. Tiannmen Square will be considered nice compared to what they will do to these folks.

And all the while Britain will stand by and do nothing.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
I have said it before...China will KILL THEM ALL. It's not a matter of if, but when. Mainland China wants nothing more than to erase the ghosts of Britain from the island. Expect HK to go through what Tibet went through. This is just the beginning of the "process". The fact that the protestors want "freedom and democracy" bucking the traditional "communism" China promotes will be their downfall. Tiannmen Square will be considered nice compared to what they will do to these folks.

And all the while Britain will stand by and do nothing.

I really do not know what Briton/USA/Nato allies could do about it other than go squealing to the UN.. good luck there..

Hong Kong is very valuable to the mainland. They have taught them many things with regards to contacts and international trade... Will China crack heads and throw people into house arrest or worse.. Probably... Not much anyone can do about it except complain and threaten sanctions and even then I doubt any sanctions will be forth coming ... Saber rattling for show, but not much substance or consequence for China..

Shaw Brothers was based out of Hong Kong...they were the biggest movie maker in the world at one time.... they specialized in Kung Fu movies and period movies with swords and stuff... I hope the locals watched and learned a few moves because if China decides to clear the streets the locals don't have a chance...IMO

top topics

join