It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family that had direct contact with patient zero (ebola) are allowed to stay in their apartment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm amazed after watching the CNN breaking news on the first press conference that the folks in charge of Texas are allowing people to stay in their own home that is allegedly monitored by police to ensure that the family is safe. How the hell do they not quarantine these people in the hospital?

How the hell did the CDC not act on getting rid of all the contaminated items in the home of patient zero when it was determined that he did have Ebola. The answered approximately five questions during the press briefing avoiding all important ones that I'm sure the media was looking to ask.

I did find it interesting that one of the officials told the media to act professional around reporting stories that may not be true or are embellished. Had they given the media ample time to answer questions I would agree that his request was appropriate, now due the CDC and the State of Texas refusing to answer questions we are left with less than accurate information...nice job nitwits...you could have possibly alleviated some anxiety but clearly the ball continues to be dropped...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

clearly the ball continues to be dropped...

Maybe we get confused as to who is on which team.
If the disease is supposed to spread....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What are they supposed to do with them? Lock them in jail cells somewhere?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What are they supposed to do with them? Lock them in jail cells somewhere?

Maybe?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The problem with quarantining is that it is going to eventually lead to quarantining of people with flu like symptoms. With the flue season coming imagine the amount of people that will have to be quarantined. It is going to be impossible....Ebola just has to run its course...whoever is left standing will be stronger for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you kidding me...the girlfriend/wife slept with him in bed...yes quarantine them in a hospital...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK, right now, you have upwards of 100 people who may have been exposed. If you start forcibly quarantining people beyond what they are doing now (armed guards), people who think they may have been exposed are going to start running anywhere and everywhere they can in a blind panic and not reporting themselves if they turn up sick.

Is that what you want?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

The problem with quarantining is that it is going to eventually lead to quarantining of people with flu like symptoms. With the flue season coming imagine the amount of people that will have to be quarantined. It is going to be impossible....Ebola just has to run its course...whoever is left standing will be stronger for it.

So you do as much as you can to prevent the spread...It's not impossible...stop flights and passengers that have come from Liberia or other hot spots...they simply don't fly...nobody in and nobody out...

Some of you will say that it can't be done but again you do as much as you can to keep people safe. Some will also say that this is an opportunity to trample on our civil liberties and our freedoms...well if you are in contact with someone with Ebola I could care less about your civil liberties or freedom, you are putting my family at risk so suck it and enjoy the hospital food.

There is a lot of Bravado on this site in the name of civil liberties and our freedoms of Americans but I would love to see how people would be acting if half of the United States had contracted this and the southern half of the United States had not been touched...lets see how quickly our ATS folks would be sticking up for the civil rights of people...All I'm asking for is that a few people be quarantined...not the country...and if it's 300 more people that have come in direct contact with someone and by direct I mean living with that person than quarantine their ass in the hospital...

It's a rant after all...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I know, but look what is coming up in this other ATS Thread.
A little quarantine may go a long way towards keeping US from looking like W Africa.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Also, how many hospital beds do you think there are?

Right now, you are demanding that they take up 100 of them with people who may not even be sick. How would you feel if you had someone who is critically ill with something else and had to be shunted aside because there was no bed available because that bed was being used for a quarantine of someone who was never going to get ill? How would you feel if the time it took to go to another facility was the difference between life and death?

In-home quarantine is just fine so long as the rules are obeyed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Quarantine the ones that live with that patient zero....I'm not concerned about the kids at school unless they drank out of their cartons of milk...as far as we know the symptoms have to be showing to be contagious..I'm not concerned about the 100 only the three or four that lived with the guy...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, right now, you have upwards of 100 people who may have been exposed. If you start forcibly quarantining people beyond what they are doing now (armed guards), people who think they may have been exposed are going to start running anywhere and everywhere they can in a blind panic and not reporting themselves if they turn up sick.

Is that what you want?

Quarantine the people living with him, I did not mention the 100 ring of other people..I mentioned the contaminated clothing and the people who he slept with...I made no mention of 100...You should have read the title of my post...
edit on 2-10-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I totally agree on stopping the flights...my issue with quarantining is that it could end up doing more harm than good in theory. Of course ebola could do more harm than good if it completely got out of control. I just can't see them really knowing who is who and them just messing with everyone. I have had a medical issue for the last 15 years and every time I see a knew doctor they think it is something else even though I show them my paperwork and medical history. We don't have the competence nor the resources to stop it if it really spreads. I am also thinking more globally too...not just the usa..we may get by this time quarantining a few but if it is gonna come its gonna come. I'm ok with it...we need a good kick in the ass that will maybe put us all on a better path.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Ya I hear ya...hopefully its just that one guy for now and it fades away on its own. Aren't there like 2 other diseases going around too? One that paralysis you and the other that messes with your respiratory system? Interesting times

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I get your point but I would prefer the kick in the ass coming from something else...it could be stopped in other countries if you severed ties with them with regard to transportation...how else would it get here? We don't import much from Africa but can people accept the idea that we need to quarantine Africa from the rest of the world?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I did, but I'm thinking ahead.

So, you quarantine the immediates, and they get ill. Then you start doing the same to the ones they came in contact with ... it snowballs until you have a ton of beds taken up.

I think they should send in people in gear to remove the infectious stuff and give her disinfectant to clean with and remove her cleaning rags for burning. Then, they need to basically deliver her with food supplies and take away her trash when they come for the daily medical checks.

Other than that, the situation is presently contained until someone starts to show symptoms. If one of them gets ill, then maybe we move all of them into the hospital because we know he did pass on the disease, but until then, we hope and pray he's the only case.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

They aren't being 'allowed' ... they are being forced.

Ebola Patients Family Ordered To Stay Inside After Trying To Leave

They got caught trying to leave the property. The authorities had to lock them down inside. These people easily could be infected and yet they don't care about passing it to others.

Now picture this with a few hundred people .. all ordered to stay in their homes .. and all with attitudes of 'I'll do what I want'. Can you picture what law enforcement will have to do??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I agree totally but how do we stop them from flying here? Even if we cancel flights from Africa what if they take a boat to europe then fly over? I totally think flights should have been shut down...I mean we grounded every single flight (nearly) after 9-11 why not stop flights from there??? I think there is too much money involved. sadly

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Again we do what we can...we just don't give up and say it cannot be done...sure they can come over on boats but we are doing what we can to turn them around back to their country or worse...we have to do things that we know we have control over....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Good luck to them ever renting that apartment out again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join