It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colloidal Silver...does it work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Like most of you I am skeptical around the topic of natural or homegrown remedies because by the time you come down with something and start taking the remedy it's too late. I think there are many good intentioned people that say that their are cancer prevention herbal supplements out their because they watch some youtube video. I do not personally know anyone who has benefited from natural herbal therapy. I've taken all kinds of supplements including the much heralded Oregano oil to combat infections and colds with zero luck despite some folks on here relying on it to cure ebola and the other plagues out there.

(Hang in there I'm getting to the point of this post)

I have had an ear infection that started a few months ago. I did wait a month for it to pass and it ended up going to both ears..hooray!

I ended up taking prescription ear drops for the ear ache...it helped during the time of the presumed ear infection but not long after the prescription was depleted and it came back. It's very uncomfortable to say the least.

Some time ago I did purchase colloidal silver ...I've used it in the past because I get the occasional sinus infection and use it in conjunction to the nasal rinse. To be honest I am not quite sure that it does anything for my sinus infection but its what I do as part of the rinse...

Fast forward to a few days ago and I began dropping some colloidal silver in my ear and I am experiencing a great deal of relief. I apply about a 1/4 teaspoon in my ear or whatever can fill the canal until it drips out and I let it sit in each ear for around ten minutes.

I can say that it is working but I cannot say how long I may need to apply it before the ear aches are completely gone. I'm also ingesting about two teaspoons of this stuff a day so I'm hoping it clears up quick so I don't have to purchase another bottle. The strength of the silver is 30 ppm. If this stuff does the trick I think I'm going to start and make my own..it's freaking way too expensive

edit on 29-9-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've used it to treat an eye infection. It seemed to help. Silver is antimicrobial, but I would only use it topically. I can't advise taking it internally based on my research.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Cue the picture of the guy who turned Smurfy blue...now.
He dead now.

link to Poppa Smurf RIP
edit on 29-9-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

the owlbear[/post]
Do i give off RF signals?
a reply to: [post=18474389]

Ha ha, coming from a guy who thinks he emits RF jamming signals....

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

the owlbear[/post]
Do i give off RF signals?
a reply to: [post=18474389]

Ha ha, coming from a guy who thinks he emits RF jamming signals....

How long have you been waiting for that dig?

And what does it have to being Smurfy Blue from colloidal silver?

Should I disseminate every post you have written so I can find a "Ha, Ha, I disagree with you and I will bring it up in a completely unrelated thread?"
I have a feeling both of our posts will be eliminated soon...this isn't GLP.

I posited a question with that thread and received some good advice. I tried researching online first.

How about you? THOUSANDS of websites will have discussions on cs. Google it. Or Bing if you're freaky...
edit on 29-9-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

He dead now.

link to Poppa Smurf RIP

Yep I remember that guy... he ingested it regularly

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe you've seen it before on youtube www.youtube.com... You can make your own colloidal silver.a reply to: chrismarco

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

He dead now.

link to Poppa Smurf RIP

I think of that blue guy every time I see the words colloidal silver!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The blue guy was using colloidal silver with the incorrect particulate size.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've used colloidal silver for colds and to ward off respiratory infections....I've not tried it for ears.

Id suggest a search....and read from sites that look legit to you.

As with other alternative therapies, care and research is needed to obtain safe and effective doses.

edit on Mon Sep 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I get that sprayed on my dogs when they have an open wound. It seems to help.

On a ridiculous note.

1) What you need to do is take about a liter of water and set it to boil.

2) Grab some lemons and extract the juice. Keep the skin peels with the pulp removed. You can drink the juice straight like a shot if you like.

3) Then you take a piece of small thin rope and dip it lighter fluid.

4) You take the lemon peels and just wrap them around the make shift wick.

5) Then you take the lemon peels with the makeshift wick inside and stick those in your ear. If you can singe the lemon peels before hand a little that is better. Just twist them into a cork screw form and jam them in there while twisting.

6) Then you light the wick and let it burn all the way through.

7) Once that is done the water should be boiling by now. You then stick your head right inside the pot and remember to hold your breath beforehand. You need to keep your head in the pot for about 5 minutes.

J/K. Good luck man. Be careful with home remedies and your ears. I hope you get better.

edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If you live in an area that Amazon supplies, you might find a good price there for it.

As far as how long?
I will guess several days after you feel the symptoms are gone.
30ppm is not a intense concentration.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think we can say pretty much say that ingestion is a no-no. I used Silverdine (silver sulfadiazine) on some bad burns- not only did it prevent infection, but it was also a soothing barrier from the bandages. I bet that stuff works best as a topical antibiotic.

Its not really that homegrown , they still use silver in pharmaceuticals, its just more sophisticated now.
Medical Uses of Silver

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18474644]

Thought you were being a wise ass.

I thought you were attemting to make a fool of me and the subject matter by mentioning the blue guy.

I know there is a crap load of stuff online but i dont believe the bulk of homeopathic cures on this site or others. After experiencing some relief i'm pretty suprised. Sorry if i was a douche in my response to you.
edit on 30-9-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Natural remedies are the only thing that works the pharma drugs are all based on specific chemicals from plants that are known to cure the disease.
On the colloidal silver topic I'm starting to have my doubts that it is as good as they claim and it looks like it has a bad effect on the brain, they have started using it as a food preservative so if they are putting it into our food then the odds are that overall it will be bad for us over the long run,
if you do the research on borax which is what they used to use as a preservative you will see this has amazing health benefits but they took that out of our food.

To clear the ear infection you might want to copy the ear candle idea, take some A4 size paper roll it into a cone shape put that into you ear and set the top of it alight, read up on ear candling to get the idea the ear candles cost quite a bit but a rolled up piece of paper has the same effect this will suck everything our of the ear and is great for infections.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My friend used it on his friend who was dying of cancer and swore that the stuff extended his life andeased his pain

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello!
I have been using colloidal silver for close to 15 years. My parents used to make it, and have since taught me how. As far as antibacterial infections internal and external, colloidal silver is the way to go. You need to make sure that if you start making it at home, you do it the correct way. The fact that you used distilled water is very important when you prepare it. Any impurities in the water can offset the remedial properties that you will need! And if you make it right, you also won't turn blue. That is a myth of home remedies made too strong and not the correct way! a reply to: chrismarco

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well almost three months after of off and on earaches and it finally passed...I can't say with any certainty that the silver helped or my body just fought it off...

edit on 14-11-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

top topics

join