It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beheading Suspect Fired After Argument Over Stoning Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agreed with tavi45 on how it's all the same God but I was merely pointing out that the violent Biblical verses are quoted just as much. So posting these was for what?

i was trying to bridge the gap...now you have seen some more violent christian verses posted

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: Cuervo
Of course the Old Testament is a valid source, but the Old Law has been done away with, i.e. stoning, offering animal sacrifices, etc.

That's just a bs excuse to ignore the bizarre twisted things the OT god commanded. Here's what Jesus and the New Testament says about that:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets."

"till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven"

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."

"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness"

It's pretty clear to me Jesus wasn't abolishing anything.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's not bridging the gap. That's widening the gap. We've all seen violent Biblical verses quoted. Same with the Koran. And it achieves nothing. It just furthers the division between people.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

fair go i misunderstood your original intention

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You thought I was sticking up for the Bible, ey? Lol.

No, just pointing out how it seems to be an equal amount of Christian and Muslim bashing. All good

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
I like your reply.
If most Muslims really do just want to live in peace and raise a family, then 1) They need to be WAY more outspoken against violence, like the #notinourname UK campaign. Because the terrorists are attaching themselves and their actions based totally on their religious belief! Maybe peaceful Muslims are afraid to speak out, idk. 2) They should be an important part of the dialog if they want to be recognized as peaceful. That is only right.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Well there was the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted 600 years or so, and that was a disgrace, and I firmly stand against that sort of activity as well. The Spanish inquisition too, and countless instances. I'm talking here about what is Currently happening and becoming a trend. We're supposed to be more civilized by now.

The Spanish inquisition was the same event..about 'heresy', and yes it is a reccuring event with some today, even in the US, and so many copyists around the world. Thing is, I don't associate Jesus Christ with all this mayhem. However, when it comes to the 'good books' it's people who interpret things for themselves. Usually it's those in power who demand a bloodlust. a realistic quote from somewhere, "We have met the enemy, and they are us" seems in order. It's a classless quote really, but with different meaning for those in power, and those who are led.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Sorry, The Mexican Inquisition in the Colonial period is what I was referring to and mistakenly called it Spanish. Yes the Mexican Inquisition was also a part of what was already been going on in Europe for hundreds of years except now it was into the New World itself, even Mexico and native Americans in New Mexico. link

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Maybe peaceful Muslims are afraid to speak out, idk.

Not many Muslims are ignorant of the tenets of Islam. They cannot 'speak out' in the manner you suggest, without contradicting the recorded words of their prophet.

Why do you think ISIS is beheading Muslims one, after the other ... after the other?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Okay, OP. Nothing you posted can readily be disputed.

What would you offer as a solution?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As I said in a post a mine, guilt by association is coming for everything "Muslim/Islam".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Nice one!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
All religionaires are whack.

Some are just more whack than others.

From some of his online posts from the beheader, it would appear he was barely literate - from The Daily Beast:

Nolen was sentenced to six years on the coc aine charge as well as two years for escape and another two for assault on a police officer. He ended up doing only two years in total. And six months of that was in a halfway house.

“Feelin So Gud 2 B N Da City At Da Halway House…. At dis moment im walkin round wit my shirt off,” he posted on Facebook.

Prison records list his Arabic tattoo among his “body marks” and his Facebook profile confirms that he had converted to Islam long before he left the halfway house in March 2013. His postings speak enthusiastically of starting a new life.

“Interview Went Well… Got The Job…” he posted. “Anotha Day Of Wrk Jst Getn Off… Bossman Alrdy Say He Liking Me and My Wrk Skills And Me Asking Him For Overtime.”

I doubt he could read the Koran to any reasonable extent, and I'm willing to bet he was raised by a mere child himself, without anything approximating a decent upbringing or parenting skills.

This is what happens when children have children, and yet when R. C. Christian's book (available in another thread) advocated people not having children unless they were capable of proper parenting, people jumped on it as a form of eugenics and forced population control. Well, we're seeing what happens when the opposite POV comes to fruition - more crazy people and people who can't hope to support themselves than society can handle. The lowest common denominator ends up being the daily norm. This particular jackass just picked beheadings because it's the crime du jour.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Um the Christian bible and Jewish Torah both contain many instances of violence against sinners and nonbelievers. So why is it only the Quran that takes the heat?

For those of you lacking in education Islam is really not much different from Christianity or Judaism. Christianity is Judaism updated for Roman culture and Islam is Christianity updated for Arab culture. If you think Islam is fundamentally incorrect or immoral so is Judaism and Christianity. They all worship the same God.

Well let us know when a christian or jewish crazy person takes a verse from the bible or torah and goes out specifically to kill someone for it.

In the mean time... a woman was beheaded. We've had threats down here of the same. They're doing it in the middle east, to innocent people, and calling for others of the faith to follow suite.

THAT IS WHY ISLAM IS COPPING THE FLAK..

Derp...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Happens all the time. Same with Islam, I've heard many Bible verses quoted that speak of violence.

here you go...

Matthew 5:38-39 - Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Psalms 55:15 - Let death seize upon them, [and] let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness [is] in their dwellings, [and] among them.

Luke 18:9-14 - And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Genesis 9:5-6 - And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

there is just a few from the king james bible...i could more but im sure you get the point

The point would be taken, would it be that there were people all over the planet taking these words and using them to justify the slaughter of people in other countries.

And dont start on the west in the ME baloney and say they are xtian either. thats just political bs. and not the same as a group of people who worship the same, read the same, yet take words to an extreme, time and time and time and time and time again...

Not just a crazy person, a crazy group.

Islam really does appear to be the religion for lunatics.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

It's happened before. People use the Bible to justify killing.

But I don't want to fan the flames because no matter what it is, a novel, a movie, etc...a person can use it to justify doing terrible things. Religion is probably the best example.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's happened before. People use the Bible to justify killing.

But I don't want to fan the flames because no matter what it is, a novel, a movie, etc...a person can use it to justify doing terrible things. Religion is probably the best example.

Yes people, in a small backwoods redneck land, or a nation separate in a tribe somewhere.

Not in one country and rallying the actions of others around the globe.

From the UK to Australia, from Syria to Indonesia. And now the US.

The one cry is heard in every case, allahu akbar.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

There's a reason for it. Because they're being funded so well and given the opportunity to carry out these deeds. If they were a true threat they would've been blown to bits or conveniently taken away in the early stages.

ISIS and the entire storm in the Middle East is manufactured and the sickest part is the fact that they want people to turn on eachother. Anything but uniting.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Not just a crazy person, a crazy group. Islam really does appear to be the religion for lunatics.

agreed...but is it lunacy or lack of education.....?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Christian bible right here:

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God

I can dig up several more like this. Christians are cursed by their god for not killing unbelievers, as well. Christianity just had a few more centuries under its belt to reign in the psychopath extremism.

Don't compare scripture of Islam and Christianity and say one is violent and the other peaceful.

Except they are not put to death for being unbelievers, they are put to death for trying to turn believers away from God. It's a pretty big distinction.

Much like US law you can't kill someone just because they are armed .. only in self defense when they are threatening you. What you are doing is like saying US law let's you just kill people, it doesn't.
edit on 27-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join