It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fountain Valley, Ca Earthquake Removed from USGS website.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hi, so this is my first thread ever so, mods, please move this to the area if need be. I am not sure if this is a regular thing with USGS or not. I did a bit of researching and it seems this is not the first time an earthquake has been removed from the recent quakes page they have. I live in Garden Grove California and at about 3:30p.m. PST I felt my bed shake as if someone had just dove on to it (my bed has very weak legs so just throwing yourself on to the bed will give it a good shake. Anyways, I was just browsing the net when out of no where I felt the bed shake. It was a quick jolt, and since I have lived in Southern California my whole life I just brushed it off as a small quake. I was a little curious so I checked USGS just to confirm and lo and behold there was a 2.4 and 3:31 PST. I left the tab open and began surfing the net again on my other tabs I had open. After a few minutes I was shutting down my tabs because I was going to get off but when I got the USGS tab I noticed the quake had been removed. There was no more red circle on the map indicating a recent quake and the info on the side regarding that particular quake was gone too. So I guess what I want to ask everyone is if this is standard behavior from USGS or maybe something more. Any information will help. Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

Its usual for them to remove quakes due to its true origin. Could of been a sonic boom from the sky thats why it was removed. USGS will also remove quakes if they suspect it being manmade. So it means the hundreds of quakes that yellowstone has everyday now must be manmade

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1
Very true about Yellowstone lol
Thank you for your input.

Yeah it does make sense that they would take one away due to suspicion of the origins being man made; I can't believe that never occurred to me haha.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

They don't remove quarry blasts from where I sit and watch and they're man made?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse
hmm that adds to my suspicion then. I wonder why they would remove the quake then. Maybe it is related to some black project and since it was such a small shock wave they could have assumed no one paid attention to it and just removed it off USGS.

new topics

top topics

join