It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and a Jewish Woman Give Birth to ISIS in an Iraqi TV Satire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You people are thinking way too hard on this. Everything is at face value.

Its kinda funny some parts but mostly kinda unsettling in a way and I actually like dark humour but perhaps satire i care less for sometimes.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

In production nothing is at face value. But rather how the feature will be viewed and what's the message. This is basic literature 101

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I agree. The only message I got out of that was "Halloween parties and drugs don't mix."

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think that one will complete my daily recommended allowance of surrealism.
I predict that the IS-holes are doomed to fail with forces such as this working against them.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I know its not full face value but people are trying to dig way too deep for deep meaning and going for a reach on some of the meanings. It was said in the song its a wedding. The other characters are guests. The joker being there is just a super villain saying ISIS is along those lines. An old west cowboy is not necessarily america as a whole its someone specially trigger happy. Satan is just satan. There isnt a deep meaning but just saying ISIS is bad and whacked out of their minds but trying to make it funny by making a song that sounds festive about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You recognize no archetypes nor literature, I agree face value is a reality in real time decisions. However produced and manufactured ideas always have an intended audience, wether said idea is an accurate representation or not

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Please remember ,,its Iraq,,

and well ,, its culturally different ,,

unless your are from that state just made it legal,,,forget the name,,

but yeah u have too look at it from THERE perspective,,,
and chances are,, well u know.

skewed.

Iraq,,

now watch it again, as a sobre minded, individual.
or whatever,, lol

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Your wrong about that imo. It wasn't malicious or anything like that, it was clearly just meant to be a joke directed at a culture that is alien to most westerners. But there was a underlining message in it and the characters had a significance.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
How the hell could they have come up with such a stupid idea for a TV show anyways?,,ISIS is a creation of the west and the Israelis??!!...I mean everyone knows that they have been fabricated and supported by Bashar Assad and Saddam;s little daughter with help from Ahmadinejad,s uncle and Kim jon,s son,,of course jon stewart and Bin ladens mother chipped in as well.Search the internet or something!,,shishhh!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

That satire is an obvious propaganda series ... and so stupid, that it basically washes the US's hands off ISIS. With this idiotic satire, ISIS has become a middle east baby ... the US probably took the bait, to provide aid to a group that was under ISIS, thinking they were moderate. While the Arabs used it, as means to make themselves big.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Are you completely ignorant of archetypes and cross cultural references? Carl young please, anyone here literate?! I need somone gosh i feel so alone in seeing the world this way....

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Iraq has TV?

Why was I not informed of this?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: threeeyeso.. pen

You got it mostly right accept Satan is a creation of Western theology the embodiment of Isis, thus a Western creation. In fact the source seems to allude to such distrust and cookie cutter bigotry ... the joker however must represent chaos or the unpredictablilty of the West however this is somehow misinterpreted because the archetype of the devil and joker are the same

Well, first of all ... the cowboy is probably the US military, or coalition forces. Satan, however this character can be much much more elaborate ... because the origin of the devil, can be seen in Yin and Yang. The Devil is to you, what God is to others.

So, who is the devil ? Since only the west has the Devil, and in the west ... Islam is the Devil, you should consider that Islam (Saudi Arabia) and Israel created ISIS. It also says, that you will know the purpose in the end ... the purpose is to remove the characters on the scene. At which point the main character (ISIS) disappears.

So, ISIS purpose is merely to remove the characters in the scene ... what is the scene? the middle east. Who are the characters, that should be removed? Probably the leaders of different countries in the middle east. Including Assad. And when it's done, ISIS will blow up and disappear in a puff of smoke.

edit on 16/9/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Are you completely ignorant of archetypes and cross cultural references? Carl young please, anyone here literate?! I need somone gosh i feel so alone in seeing the world this way....

The archtypes as displayed are too simplistic and too mornoic to be ... accurately that.

Simplistically, this is a satire saying US and Israel created ISIS, for the purpose of removing several powers in the middle east. When it's all done, ISIS will disappear.

The world, my friend, is never this simplistic ... and when somebody puts a lot of money to make a satire, to say the "simple" version on TV. It usually means that simple version ... isn't accurate.

So, you should look deeper ... The Devil and God, are the same character ... the Chinese call it Ying Yang. One could not exist without the other. This is something you always must consider, when somebody puts up an image of the Devil, or God. The joker is not the Devil, but what is referred to in the good book, as the false profit. He's most likely the media ... talking a lot, but in the end whatever he says ... is nonsense, a joke. He is beligerent, arrogant and maybe even threatening. Like the mass media. The cowboy is the cow herder ... although in some cultures, it's sheep ... in the US, it's cows and cowboys. So, he's the herder ... military power of the west.

The opening scene, of the Cowboy and the snake in the desert is also something to read. The snake, lurking and waiting to bite you with it's venom. The scene is the middle east, the desolated desert ... the snake, is what the snake has always represented. The lies and deceit, that in the end will bite you.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The actors are all fake!
Because Iraq doesn't have comedy!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
LOL the movie looks pretty accurate to me

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So basically it's common knowledge in Iran that Israel had a hand in ISIS it seems. Wondered why ISIS was focused on destabilizing Muslim countries and not after Israel.

There was a lebanese parody where ISIS members killed every Muslim that walked by and then a guy comes by and says he's Israeli and they welcome him past.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is Iraqi SNL. Same format, different ideologies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join