It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Anti-Christian Sweep Prompts Calls for US Involvement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Twenty-eight Christians, including children, were arrested in Saudi Arabia for practicing their faith in a private residence. My biggest question is WHY do we continue to support these backwards, freedom hating scum? No sane person should be against the private practice of a fellow human beings religious beliefs. I find it maddening that there are still places in the world where you can be arrested for minding your own business and simply exercising your individual rights to practice your faith.

While I don't personally follow any mainstream religion, I am always for the freedom of others, especially when people are in a private residence and not bothering anyone. This is a disgusting human rights abuse by our so called 'allies'.

Dozens of Christians arrested at a prayer meeting in Saudi Arabia need America's help, according to a key lawmaker who is pressing the State Department on their behalf.

Some 28 people were rounded up Friday by hard-line Islamists from the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice in the home of an Indian national in the eastern Saudi city of Khafji, and their current situation is unknown, according to human rights advocates.

Source

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh no, The Sunnis are all going ISIL......this will be a game changer....year of the horse or what....?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The US supports them because they trade their Oil exclusively in US dollars.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The relationships of US and the house of Saud are compromised on treaties and alliances like marriage of convenience, US past Presidents have made promises of defending the Saud house to protect oil production, that benefit both nations.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No offense to the OP, none meant.

FOX can go jump in a lake.

So now, we have to defend Judaism, Islam and now Christianity?

Whatever happened to simply defending life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in our own borders?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I dont understand why the US still supports the Saudi Royal Family......its poeple clearly do not like or support it.

I foresee the people overthrowing the House of saud and joining ISIS.

The sooner we get outselves off MidEast oil with alternative tech the better we will be geo-politically, the other alternative is an all out attack on saudi Arabia to secure their oil, but I doubt that will happen.

With Saud terrorist links all over the world, including 911, one wonders what really keeps the US and House of saud stuck together like glue.

These reports are deplorable and require immediate Western response and sanctions.......enjoy your walk to work poeple.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

In places such as these impetus of ultimate freedom must be considered before a mega-power such as our United States wields its saber--political, economic or military edge forward--to influence the law of other sovereign nations, those which govern religious freedom differently in particular. While I also stand for religious freedom, we must step back and examine the rights of foreign governments to legislate their own freedoms and laws without bullying their rulers into doing as we have done here--no matter how barbaric some other nation's practices may seem.

What is freedom here and around the world worth if one voice of might alone can judge it "right" or unjust?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They are another MidEast frienemy we have to put up with. We don't need their oil any more, but Europe does. Don't imagine that we can re-make the world over in our own image. Freedom and democracy are not universal values. We do what we can do. a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Whatever happened to simply defending life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in our own borders?

When an entire civilization defines happiness by what kind of cars they drive, how hot their wives are, and how big their houses are, they are defending the national interest by ensuring the oil keeps flowing.

When the oil goes, so does all semblance of order and continuity. That is what they are defending against--the total breakdown of our BS materialistic culture. They will prop up a Christian-hater in one country, and a Christian-sympathizer in the next, if TPTB perceive their actions as necessary to maintain the facade of "consumption-happiness".

They don't care about Christianity or Islam. Their only goal: "the spice must flow". The distraction must be perpetuated at all costs.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Because the Petro dollar scam going on around the world where US can print money without real inflation would implode if Saudi Arabia did not agree to sell all oil and gas in Dollar. The US have also promised that they will protect the house of Saud and even fight in their interests like Iraq (for more oil/gas), Iran(for more oil/gas), Syria(for building and control over new gas pipeline to EU), Afghanistan (Minerals/gas/opium).

The problem is that when the petrodollar fails US will probably have hyperinflation like Germany before the 2nd world war. It does not help either that the Fed have sold the gold to keep the gold price down to China and India.

edit on 14-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
When are people going to wake up and see the true face Islam?

When it's too late?

It is already.

Allahu Akbar

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Defending the good people of the world from the rising forces of evil may not be your desirable call to duty.

This is our final test unfolding whether we like it or not, choose carefully.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sadly it's not the first time the US supports mass murderers, Pinochet and other Latin American dictators comes into mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Christians had it actual pretty good in Syria under Assad, so why not also rage about US supporting Islam rebels...?

And what about Kiev civilian murdering thugs who get supported by the West.

So why only the outcry against SA ?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I find it maddening that there are still places in the world where you can be arrested for minding your own business and simply exercising your individual rights to practice your faith.

Maybe its because from their viewpoint Christianity is associated with the West and the West doesn't just simply mind its own business either.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't care what the Saudis do. I don't care what anyone does. ... As long as it doesn't affect me. We need to mind our own business and let other people sort out their problems by themselves. Why should I try to impose my will on someone else's society. I believe the day their society poses a threat to me, is the day that society has decided to go to war.

Are they at war with us? Ideologically ... maybe. Did they murder some of our citizens. Yeah ... but that's not necessarily an act of war. Only Congress makes that call ... and those half-steppers haven't done so yet. Maybe they're waiting 'til we're good-n-pissed ... ready for a war of annihilation instead decimation. Who can say?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
maybe there is more truth to the Albert pike letters than we realize

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oil is a ball and chain to the U.S. Instead of sleeping with the devil, maybe the U.S. should spend more of their military budget on research and development of new sources of energy. The U.S. spends more money on the military machine to defend overseas interests than developing technologies that would make us self sufficient. We sacrifice our children for "American Interests" over seas when we should be more concerned about protecting our homeland and Americans at home.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Craig Unger's book House of Saud, House of Bush - read right after Robert Baer's See No Evil - flipped my already spiraling political ideology. That single book explains why the Saudis can do whatever they want to do with complete impunity - and even with the backing of the west.
edit on 14-9-2014 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
When are people going to wake up and see the true face Islam?

When it's too late?

It is already.

Allahu Akbar

They will see it's true face when you finally learn there are two different sects of Islam. Other religions are allowed to be practiced in other Muslim nations like Iran but in a nation like Saudi Arabia other religions are not allowed. It is wrong to paint everyone that follows a religion as the same when anyone with half a brain can see they are not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join