It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I give up! I can't stand social media. Is Social Media going the way of the land line?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Facebook, twitter, google +, blah, there terms of conditions blows. I just not into sharing everything stupid thing I do online. Oh, Look I changed clothes! Twitter alert! Is this the next part of the Matrix to break down? What will replace Social Media? Telepathy?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reality will replace social media. The discovery that we're not movie stars because we post pics of ourselves in "glamorous situations" will hit the users like a ton of bricks.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Its currently just the easiest and most viable way for us all to keep in touch whilst not leaving the comfort of our own homes. I do see your point though, it is kinda annoying when my facebook feed is full of pictures of what people are having for lunch.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CHinauser

1st world problems.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CHinauser

What will replace Social Media? Telepathy?

Don't encourage them! the last thing I need is voices in my head telling me that I should check out Kanye West's latest single. If that was to happen I'd find a short pier and throw myself off it.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Telepathy?

Since you ask: yes. That's where this is going.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is ATS not considered social media?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

No, it's a forum.

not the same thing

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
ATS is social media
You can't make a broad form statement like that.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

No, it's a forum.

not the same thing

Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.[1] Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content."[2] Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities, and individuals.

Social Media

I believe ATS qualifies. As for it going the way of the landline..perhaps it should. perhaps if we had to talk over the phone or face to face again, people would show more respect to each other and there would be a drastic reduction in all around douchebaggery.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From the pages that promote ATS. "The Above Top Secret Web sites are a wholly owned social content community of The Above Network" Sounds like social Media to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Face to face you wouldn't say half the stuff that is said on social media, you might get punched in the nose.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
As for it going the way of the landline..perhaps it should. perhaps if we had to talk over the phone or face to face again, people would show more respect to each other and there would be a drastic reduction in all around douchebaggery.

Not only that, but we would have less exposure to others who are just plain ignorant or narcissistic, like many celebrities and Pols.

I remember a time where most of the idiots I came across were on the roads driving...now they seem to be everywhere.

It's a Pandemic I tell ya!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Inescapable in my view.....We are all doomed to it sooner or later to whatever extent they can suck us into it.....
Promote ignorance via the education system, then give them Jerry Springer and Social Media......yeah that's progress
not.............

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I don't watch reality TV, nor tweet or do FB, yet even with all those countermeasures, I still haven't been able to escape the Kardashians or Kenye West or Honey Boo-Boo or any of that trivial crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: AccessDenied
As for it going the way of the landline..perhaps it should. perhaps if we had to talk over the phone or face to face again, people would show more respect to each other and there would be a drastic reduction in all around douchebaggery.

Not only that, but we would have less exposure to others who are just plain ignorant or narcissistic, like many celebrities and Pols.

I remember a time where most of the idiots I came across were on the roads driving...now they seem to be everywhere.

It's a Pandemic I tell ya!

This book says it all. Definitely a good read.

WWW stands for World Wide Whiners

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I honestly thought reality T.V. was going to die out long ago. I actually remember sitting in a bar drinking with friends discussing this "new thing" called "reality T.V.", and how much we hated it. I remember saying "its only a fad".
I guess I lost that bet.

edit on 14-9-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Where is a meteor or massive CME when we really need it? I usually feel bad saying that, but right now, in the mood I am in...the world needs a serious reset. The stupidity and cluelessness I run into on a daily basis is wearing on me. And I refuse to joining the Idiocy of the rest of the willfully mentally challenged.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
a reply to: TDawgRex

I honestly thought reality T.V. was going to die out long ago. I actually remember sitting in a bar drinking with friends discussing this "new thing" called "reality T.V.", and how much we hated it. I remember saying "its only a fad".
I guess I lost that bet.

And I remember not so long ago having what should have been a quiet lunch by myself only I was subjected to an hour's worth of Jersey Shore commentary by the young office folk at the table next to me. I kept wanting to scream at them to shut up because my IQ was falling off the charts.

I mean, how does one spend an entire hour deeply conversing about a single episode of Jersey Shore?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHinauser
Facebook, twitter, google +, blah, there terms of conditions blows. I just not into sharing everything stupid thing I do online. Oh, Look I changed clothes! Twitter alert! Is this the next part of the Matrix to break down? What will replace Social Media? Telepathy?

Did you hear about the new invention? Some scientist sent a message via brain waves, yep, telepathy. Ick, ick. ick

top topics

<<   2 >>

join