It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any easy and highly successful tricks for achieving lucid dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would like to use the extra hours to do some mental work for projects and brainstorming.
edit on Sep53kAmerica/Chicago September2014000000119 by mikefougnie because: details

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is no post showing up for me to read.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
1. Buy a lucid sleep induction mask to give you visual/auditory cues during (REM) sleep. dreamstudies.org...

2. Repeat reality test everyday, several times a day, for several days. When going to sleep, always affirm and believe: I am more than my body, I am more than my thoughts, today I will dream, I will reality test and I will become fully lucid within the dream and continue that dream in fully lucid state.

3. Use your mobile phone with a very faint sound to play repeatedly every 45 minutes or so, but only start after 2-3 hours after you have fallen to sleep (so: first ping 2hr 45 mins into going to sleep, second 3 hours 30minutes, next 4 hours 15 minutes, etc). Before going to sleep, test yourself on the sound by playing it back to yourself automatically every minute, while being in a very deep state of relaxation, in a sleeping position. When the sound alarms (faintly), be aware of it, but do NOT move, stay calm and within your relaxation. When you can do this, you can actually do the same with the 45min timer, when you go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

Easy answer. Just obsess on the subject, I mean exclusively. Also start taking a nap in the afternoon and go to sleep at night thinking about it. For some reason afternoon naps are more conducive to lucid dreams. Also it's cool to program your subconscious to work on your goals. It does work. Say what you want your subconscious to work on out loud in simple terms.

When you wake up don't jump out of bed, stay there with your eyes closed and do your best to remember what you dreamed. Have a note pad by your bed, and lol, if you are obsessing about it you would have a note pad anyway. Always write down your ideas. Usually there's a lead or nudge or a lightning strike in the right direction.

Good luck, have fun,

STM

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Check out the Ganzfield effect it's kinda but not the same thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The first couple of days I did the constant "reality checks" by asking myself whether I was dreaming allowed me to ask that same question while asleep. I tried to do the thing where if you can close your mouth and nose yet still breathe, you know you're in a dream. But when I did it I thought that I was not in a dream because I could still breathe. I guess I don't think logically while dreaming, lol. I never tried it again after that, but since I was able to do that within the first two days of ever trying it, I am lead to believe it is a very useful technique. Perhaps you could just always assume you're dreaming. For instance, asking yourself that question throughout the day, and then try to fly. If you can't fly, then you're not dreaming. That seems better than the method I tried, and I cannot think of why it wouldn't work.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here's how it's done but it may not be easy.
PRECAUTIONARY WARNING TO ALL WHO USE THESE TECHNIQUES USED AND DEVELOPED BY ANUTYR
DO NOT DO THIS REGULARLY AS YOU MAY LOSE CONTROL OVER THE SUBCONSCIOUS AND REALITY
YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SCHIZOPHRENIC HALLUCINATIONS IF DONE REGULARLY AS THE PINEAL GLAND
WILL EXCRETE WILL FULLY CONSCIOUS. I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACTIONS TAKEN
THAT MAY INADVERTENTLY SCREW YOUR SLEEP CYCLE UP. IT IS UP TO THE PARTICIPANTS TO TAKE THESE
RISKS. AND TO NOT ABUSE THESE TECHNIQUES.

Now that that that's out of the way.

Step 1. lay down and get comfy, make sure you are so comfy that you can resist moving around
Tips: Make double sure you have went to the bathroom and done all your business before entering this state

Step 2. DO NOT MOVE for a total of 30minutes-1hour
Tips: Your body will force you to move, You need to ignore this completely. It will want to Itch, scratch. and roll you around.
You must resist at all costs.

Step 3. Loss of feeling and numbness in limbs, Continue to not move. Make no effort to struggle. Continue the steps as follows.
Tips: At this point your body will become numb and you may panic over this, It's okay and is completely nature. This is the body engaging in sleep paralysis. At this point you need to keep your consciousness active and move on to the next step.

Step 4. Visualization, Visualize something Easy and something compelling. Such as colored smoke. Now imagine this colored smoke changing shapes into various animals enacting their animation. You may use other tools of visualization such as a color changing ball. Or visualizing objects.
Tips: The longer you do this, the more lucid these visualizations get. Which will fully trick your mind into believing it is asleep. At this point, you have come to far to Abort. You are now being drawn into a lucid state.

Step 5. The lucid state will come upon you, Visualizations will fade away. And will be replaced by the Lucid dream. At this point you have no control over what happens, Except for playing the role of observer to the lucid state you are in.
Tips: Walk around, Observe everything carefully. Well in this state you will remember EVERYTHING upon waking up. You may even interact with the dream and its hosts. At this point, The most cryptic and otherwise mystic revelations are portrayed from the deep subconscious. Well receiving information externally or internally. You won't be able to tell the difference. As these dreams usually allude the conscious mind with images, concepts. That have not initially been recognized by the conscious mind. This giving these lucid state prophetic significance to the individual.

PRECAUTIONARY WARNING, THESE LUCID STATES ARE USUALLY EXTREMELY TRAUMATIC.
THIS IS WHY THE BODY HAS THE FAIL SAFE MECHANISM OF SLEEP PARALYSIS.
BY DOING THESE TECHNIQUES TO OFTEN IT WILL DISABLE THE NEED FOR SLEEP PARALYSIS
AND YOU WILL BE PLAGUED BY INSOMNIA AS WELL AS HALLUCINATIONS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Look up Rich2150x on YouTube..he has all the answers you are looking for. He has many videos on how to do it, what to expect, how to protect yourself, etc. Look for Oobe or Obe. (Don't get hung up on titles). Do your homework!!

There are many ways you can have an out of body experience/lucid dream. Intent is definitely key..and patience.

Remember everybody is different, so what happens to one, may not happen to you..but that's fine.

Lie down, relax, close your eyes, count to ten slowly over and over for about 10 minutes. Relax your body further, deeper and deeper, slow your breathing right down. Resist any urges/checks by your body that you are asleep, such as an itchy nose. Just lie there and relax. You will feel sleep paralysis come upon you (this is called mind awake body asleep). Stop any chatter that goes on in the mind (Am I asleep? Wow its dark in here.. etc) You'll soon discover your mind talks a lot of #. Focus on a third eye in the centre of your forehead. Turn your eyes up to look at it and think of it opening. (You may see a flicker of white light).

Now some people will at this point hear a whooshing or popping sound in their ear (I personally never have and still achieved it). Just relax, don't get phased by it all, it'll soon pass.

You now need to create a bridge in your mind over a stream.. walk up and over this bridge.

You might now have a sensation of floating out of your body, or falling out of bed. Your astral body has now left your physical body.

Now something you need to be very aware of.. there are infinite dimensions and realities, parallel earth..etc The lower astral is where the nasty malevolent entities tend to hang out..they get a real kick out of scaring people back into their bodies.. you need to face up to them..face your fears, as we are the creator gods that can create anything with pure thought.. they know this.

Now you can bypass these by your emotional state before you engage in it (Negative emotional states will send you to lower dimensions - Fear, anger, stress, depression.. Conversely states of pure joy will elevate you to higher dimensions where you can meet benevolent entities, fly like superman, visit other worlds, talk to ET's) so it's very important that you are calm and in the right state of mind..and do your homework!! Protect yourself by wrapping your body in white light.

Practice makes perfect.

As soon as you wish to return.. think of your body and you will return. Start by wiggling your little finger..then other fingers..toes.. it will take about 5 minutes to be released from the paralysis. Don't panic it's normal.

Remember.. Rich2150x on YouTube.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As a long time sufferer of sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming comes easily to me, its a happy by product of the condition. I'm generally aware that I'm dreaming 80% of time although I can't always maintain full control all of the time.

Here's a couple of things that generally work me:

Should you become semi aware or suspicious that your dreaming, check your watch or a clock and then check again, if your dreaming the time will ALWAYS be completely different each time you check. Now you know for sure that your dreaming. I don't know if its the same for everyone but I always seem to be wearing a watch when I check.

I find that once I become aware my body tries to wake up, to counteract this spin around rapidly in your dream, this should make your physical body turn over in bed and you should be able to stay in the dream for a while longer.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you are flying in your dream then you are already part lucid dreaming, if you can remember this while in your dream you will take control. try not to push yourself too hard once you realise though or you will lose control and wake up.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm lazy.

in high school I found a method in Omni magazine I used and it actually worked after a few weeks and didn't require to much.
What you do is read every street sign twice.

You look at, read it, look away.
Ask yourself if you are dreaming.
(do this outloud so your mind hears you like an affirmation)
Then look at the sign again and read it outloud,
and ask again if you are dreaming.

What happens is you develop a habit of doing it after a week or two and then it becomes almost automatic, you will catch yourself doing it without thinking about it.

now here is the kicker,
The reason you do this is so that in your sleep, you will start doing it as well.
The thing is, a sign never reads the same thing twice in a dream.
At that point you become lucid enough to realize it is different, and realize you are dreaming.

It really does work!

I found a link to the Omni archive,
and in 1994 they had Lucid dreaming revisited, which was a more complete lucid dream article.
I just found this, so I am going to be exploring a few years worth of stuff out of it...lol
(it was that great of a mag)

Omni Magazine Sept 1994
edit on 14-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

You can dream while you are still awake, just think about a story and imagine that you are there, when you are good at daydreaming, you can explore your mind and create "dream places" - for instance, you can create your own fortress with its own rooms and everything, and when you are going to sleep, imagine that you are in your dream. What will happen is that you will learn how to control your dreams when you are awake, and when you can take control of the dream itself, not just the dreamer, you will find it much easier to enter your dreams consciously.

The key is that you are the storyteller, you imagine not only yourself but other characters in your story, from the third person perspective.

Good dreams are just like watching movies.

edit on 23-9-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A good guide book that worked for me way back when I tried it is Soul Traveler by Albert Taylor. He details his experiences and and gives simple and easy to use steps to astral project, lucid dream, ect...

goo.gl...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Frank Kepple Learn Astral Projection And Lucid Dreaming (THE MOST PRACTICAL BOOK)

I frequent an Astral Projection forum called The Astral Pulse. Back, long before I was there, we had a member by the name of Frank Kepple. He had been projecting for a good 20+ years and came to share his knowledge with the other members there. Anyways, he made over 3000 very informative and very interesting posts over the 3+ years that he was there.

Here is Frank Kepple’s posts re-formatted and organized by category (Only Practical Stuff)

This book has been one of the most transformational reads of my life (so much that I couldn't sleep for about 40 hours).

=17.28pxFrank Kepple Practical Guide To Astral Projection And Lucid Dreaming

www.slideshare.net...

docs.google.com...

top topics

join