It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS behead British hostage David Haines, threatens another British hostage with beheading.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

Islamic State militants have released footage claiming to show the beheading of British hostage David Haines.

The aid worker, 44, was captured by ISIS in Syria in March 2013.

The plight of the dad-of-two was revealed when he appeared at the end of a video showing the beheading of US journalist Steven Sotloff earlier this month.

ISIS had threatened to kill Mr Haines if world leaders do not bow to their demands.

Tonight, the extremists posted a new video lasting 2minutes and 30 seconds which appears to show the beheading of David Haines.

At the end of the video, ISIS parade another hostage.

Absolute cowards.

RIP David.

I have no words...

edit on 13-9-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Sad news but I fear inevitable , thoughts go out to his family.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

www.mirror.co.uk...

Islamic State militants have released footage claiming to show the beheading of British hostage David Haines.

The aid worker, 44, was captured by ISIS in Syria in March 2013.

The plight of the dad-of-two was revealed when he appeared at the end of a video showing the beheading of US journalist Steven Sotloff earlier this month.

ISIS had threatened to kill Mr Haines if world leaders do not bow to their demands.

Tonight, the extremists posted a new video lasting 2minutes and 30 seconds which appears to show the beheading of David Haines.

At the end of the video, ISIS parade another hostage.

Absolute cowards.

RIP David.

I have no words...

Agreed, R.I.P. David. There is a dire need to find out whose these people are proper.
Just to add in edit, these people have no morality whatsoever, and act in the name of, and count for nothing but themselves, especially if David Haines died on the day that his parents reiterated their appeal. His family and parents..I can't make the words for, same goes for all the hostages.
edit on 13-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Poor fella. I have to hand it to ISIS they keep their word. When they say the be headings will continue as long as there are American/oppositional assets are in the area they will. I see a pattern here....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My thoughts go out to his family

Time to send in the bigs I think because this sh!t is getting outa hand

Or send in the SFs and take there high ups and send um back piece by piece

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Terrible news, indeed. Is it time for decisive action yet?

Unfortunately, I guess we all knew it was inevitable.

RIP David - from what I've read you helped a lot of people - the antithesis of these ISIS cowards.

My heart goes out to his family - especially his four year old who will never know her father.

RIP, sir. Rest well.

edit on 13-9-2014 by cado angelus because: random capitalisation

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

www.theaustralian.com.au... fb0dab7b18fe05fa8964c14c

Some more links to clarify.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In the end I think this will backfire on these fools. People get angry at seeing heads lopped of, somehow it becomes more personal and inner rage starts to bubble hard. The support from the public for their total annihilation will grow stronger.
edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marbles87
Poor fella. I have to hand it to ISIS they keep their word. When they say the be headings will continue as long as there are American/oppositional assets are in the area they will. I see a pattern here....

More than that, there is a need to verify when and where this took place. James Foley's place of death was identified very quickly, where David Haines has died needs to be a different place.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
In the end I think this will backfire on these fools. People get angry at seeing heads lopped of, somehow it becomes more personal and inner rage start to bubble hard. The support from the public for their total annihilation will grow stronger.

Perhaps anger is the response they are seeking to draw from these acts?

Ultimately provocation is a means to an end in their twisted apocalyptic plans.

What would the response be if beheaded bodies start turning up in the streets of London, or New York, followed by internet videos and claims of responsibly from ISIS?

Fear, terror, or resolve to take decisive, unrestrained action?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Too bad this crap is happening . Oh and then I read this and go say whaa . "September 13, 2014 "ICH" - "The Hill" - Amid reports that IS is regrouping ahead of expected attacks, an alliance of rebel groups bashed out a “non-aggression” with IS pact on Friday.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that moderate and Islamist rebels had signed a ceasefire deal for the first time in a suburb of the capital Damascus." www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"September 13, 2014 "ICH" - "MEE" - - The Free Syrian Army has announced that it will not sign up to the US-led coalition to destroy Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq and Syria."

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The terrain in the new ISIS video appears very similar to the background where Steven Sotloff was beheaded.

Based on his appearance and voice, we believe the executioner is also the same - the infamous Jihadi John.

The killer, who is believed to be British and has a London accent, was first shown beheading American journalist James Foley, 40, in August.

Same terrain and same clothing worn by 'Jihadi John' suggest to me that all the executions took place on the same day and they're slowly releasing this info (maybe?)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Can we say from this point forward that we no longer send in reporters from any country unless they want to end up in the same boat...

As I mentioned in other posts, I do feel horrible but you are putting yourself in a very dangerous position when it comes to reporting on the ground on foreign soil. Would it be horrible to say that doing such a job you do it at your own risk? And by that I mean you are completely on your own and that includes us not going to war over it...

I'm not taking the coward route but I do not want to kill every shark that attacks a human and unfortunately I hold terrorist in the same regards...simply animals that you cannot reason with..

I'm honestly not looking for a fight on this and I'm not trolling...I do feel horrible for the family as I have kids of my own..would we do the same for North Korea or if some War Lord in Rwanda beheaded a journalist or simply executed them? Would we be responding the same way?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

He was not a journalist, he worked as an Aid worker is Syria. He was sold to ISIS by a more moderate rebel group that kidnapped him.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

All fair points. But refusing to cover the situation on the ground by not sending journalists on the fear of beheading, suggests the terrorist win the propaganda war.

I think every journalist knows what they are getting in to.

Without disrespecting David Haines, James Foley, Steven Sotloff - I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't think war with ISIS is dependent on just three or four men. There's a ton of other hideous factors that lend weight to destroying them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

He was not a journalist, he worked as an Aid worker is Syria. He was sold to ISIS by a more moderate rebel group that kidnapped him.

Curious, what is the rate, or value of a brit or American captive for sale to ISIS?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Eurgh - apparently he was made to recite the same damning script, blaming it on David Cameron.

'You entered voluntarily into a coalition with the United States against the Islamic State, just as your predecessor Tony Blair did, following a trend amongst our British Prime Minsters who can't find the courage to say no to the Americans.

'Unfortunately it is we the British public that in the end will pay the price for our Parliament's selfish decisions.'

Grim...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I dunno what country this jet is from (probably the us) but it needs to be sent to rid the world of these scumbags ASAP

edit on 13 9 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
a reply to: smurfy

The terrain in the new ISIS video appears very similar to the background where Steven Sotloff was beheaded.

Based on his appearance and voice, we believe the executioner is also the same - the infamous Jihadi John.

The killer, who is believed to be British and has a London accent, was first shown beheading American journalist James Foley, 40, in August.

Same terrain and same clothing worn by 'Jihadi John' suggest to me that all the executions took place on the same day and they're slowly releasing this info (maybe?)

That's actually quite a terrifying and entirely possible suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. I'm sure I read recently somewhere that a rescue attempt was on the cards, would be terrible if that's true and all the hostages are already dead.

What a horrible way to go, I hope karma whips right round and serves a gourmet portion of justice to them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They are really pushing for war but I would expect nothing less from this group. They are trying to become the big bullies on the block, taking all the glory from Al Qaeda. Challenging the US, England and the rest of the coalition will definitely help them with recruiting and, if they survive the air assault coming their way, they'll become even stronger.

After this video, you might see Turkey become even less of a coalition partner in order to protect their citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join