It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Power 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have it. Its a good game. alot harer then the last one. Its hard to explaine it after playin the last one. It seems like less control yet in some areas you get more. Idk if i like it more then the last one. But it does have online mutliplayer so thats good. If anyone else has it i really wanna play a huge online game and please u2u me or im thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I just saw it at Gamestop. I plan on getting it with my Christmas gift cards and money. Anyhow as soon as I get it I'd love to play online, once I get used to it of course. BTW if I can't have the US, dibs on Russia or the UK.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The economics are SOOOOOOOOO hard. Politics some naturally to me, though.

The Trans-Aleut Alliance will prevail.

DE

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
In the first one I was horrible at economics. I also had difficulties with politics. At least I had military expertise on my side. That and my large secret service budget and planning allowed my to highjack elections.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
looks interesting....

is it worth getting if my computer is slow...

P3
800mhz

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Luckily the Superpower games are turn based strategy. So it will work on almost any computer. The first one worked nearly instantly for my computer.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just got SP2 with my X-Mas money. It's pretty good but for some reason it won't let me play single player games. So I've been stuck making private internet games by my self. Anyhow I'd be glad to play online with anybody who wants.

D

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Just bought it with some Christmas money as well. Pretty interesting game. I'm playing one of the beginners scenarios where you have to get Turkey into the EU. But I'm getting distracted with the military side of things. I've bought a pile of Merkava tanks, M1A1's, lots of Mig-29 Fulcrums, F-16's and that. Successfully invaded and currently occupying Syria and about to invade Armenia. Saudi Arabia and a couple of other Arab countries have been conducting quite a number of failed espionage missions, so I tried to invade them. Got quite a shock when half the Arab world came after me.

D

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Tried playing the scenario again. I know i was supposed to try to get into the EU, but I couldn't help taking military action against the countries around me. Basically, i bought a whole lot of Russian and Chinese hardware. US didn't like selling much to me, but i did manage to buyh some frigates off them and a couple of F-4 Phantoms. And the US wasn't too keen on trading with me either. Anyway, invaded Syria, Armenia, Georgia and Lebanon. Repelled all Arab forces and was doing quite well. Then Big Brother came in. That's right, the US came at me with all their military might. Suprisingly, I was doing ok against them militarily, but my economy could no longer support my war machine. And I lost.

Great Fun.

[edit on 5/1/05 by D]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey if we all get together for a multiplayer game maybe we could start an alliance together. So anybody want to play some Superpower 2?

D

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I"ll play some multi once I get a little better at it. Maybe next week sometime.

D

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I just got SP2 with my X-Mas money. It's pretty good but for some reason it won't let me play single player games. So I've been stuck making private internet games by my self. Anyhow I'd be glad to play online with anybody who wants.

Have you tried downloading the latest patch for the game?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hey if we all get together for a multiplayer game maybe we could start an alliance together. So anybody want to play some Superpower 2?

First I have to know where I can buy it. I have the first one, but haven't seen the second so far.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
EB has it, as should Best Buy.

Oh, by the way, there's a bug where your expenses keep rising for no reason I can find.

And yes, I have the newest patch.

DE

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Would it have anything to do with population growth?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nope, look at your expenses next tiem you play. You do nothing, and they steadily rise.

DE

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
EB has it, as should Best Buy.

Oh, by the way, there's a bug where your expenses keep rising for no reason I can find.

And yes, I have the newest patch.

DE

EB Games has everything! But the full name is "Electronics Botique Games." Huh? Anyway...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hate EB Games, at least the one nearest to me. Their service is horrible, and their prices are a lot higher than the local Gamestop.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I hate EB Games, at least the one nearest to me. Their service is horrible, and their prices are a lot higher than the local Gamestop.

A Game Stop recently opened in my town, a lot closer than EB games, which is a 30-min drive away. GS is right next to Wal-Mart, and they have some games that Wal-Mart has at half the price!

top topics

join