It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosetta just took the coolest selfie I've ever seen

page: 1

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Link

Pictures like this make me proud to be human, despite all of our shortcomings. We did this. We are sending spacecraft to land on freaking comets. It's finally the future.

It also saddens me to see such potential wasted on conflict, hatred, and greed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing!

S&F

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

That is an awesome photo!

Good job mankind!

*pats his human self for all humans everywhere*

That really is very cool!

s&f

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just plane Awesome !
S&F

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just imagine how far we would be if we could all cooperate and share resources instead of fight and race for them. We could probably have viable colonies on mars by now along with manned outer solar system monitoring stations. crazy to think about what all is happening in the world, i mean the universe these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That's really awesome. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing! Yay humanity! Now if we can only stop killing each other.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Amazing photo, all it's missing is Bruce Willis, Liv Tyler and a 2016 version of Batman
and my life is then complete

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I like it. There should be more of this stuff since we all pay for it in some form or another.

Fuller size at the link.,

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-9-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

True!

We would be exploring other solar systems by now.
Probably would of found life too!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Very cool indeed
Thank you for sharing!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow.... just... wow....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I like it. There should be more of this stuff since we all pay for it in some form or another.

Fuller size at the link.,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't kid yourself. A lot of those images from space whether from NASA, ISA or solitary countries are top secret stuff. We just see the safe dribbles. Just try to better pictures of Phobos, a satellite of Mars, that is of better quality and substance than the 1977 Viking orbiter images. They delayed for over ten years producing the official map of the surface of that little moon. You see, the grooves upon its surface, innocently discovered with those probes, still remains a problem because they can be interpreted as being caused by intelligent actions.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Very cool always loved anything to do with space. We could send a few of our ex coaches out there to look for new work.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Conflict, hatred and greed are a part of our world and one of hte reasons we even exist at all. I know a lot of people are going to oppose me on this, that's ok. I'm opposed to greed and hatred and conflict just like anybody. However, I think these things are just aspects of this world which can't be removed. I support law enforcement and defense departments and militaries around hte world because we need them. BUT I think the way our universe is made ensures conflict and hatred and greed continue.

I think ti's rooted in ignorance and limited awareness. I think these two things will always be part of us. We cannot eliminate them.

And maybe conflict and hatred and greed are the ONLY reason we exist?
edit on 11-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee
Just imagine how far we would be if we could all cooperate and share resources instead of fight and race for them. We could probably have viable colonies on mars by now along with manned outer solar system monitoring stations. crazy to think about what all is happening in the world, i mean the universe these days.

We would be nowhere without our violence. It is how we conquered the animal kingdom. We probably wouldn't even have the rockets that got us into space if we didn't develop them to kill people with first.

I would love to take what we have now and move forward peacefully but I can't ignore the fact that violence, greed and corruption is what got us to where we are.

What we need now is galactic adversary to help us step up our game.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee

I imagine we'd be like an ant colony. A number of them, all racing to build new hives and nurse their young amongst the stars. All good and well and high spirited until nature turns the tide another way.
edit on 11-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Just try to better pictures of Phobos, a satellite of Mars, that is of better quality and substance than the 1977 Viking orbiter images.

Not very difficult. hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

On topic, that is an awesome photo.

new topics

top topics

join