It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arming the Syrian Opposition ? This is our Strategy ? When will we Learn.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why should we arm the Syrian Rebels ?

Who are these people ? There is no loyalty in ME.

This idea is just dumb. It won't work. They will still hate us when this is over.

Where are the Moderates ? We are told most Muslims are Moderate.

I am not seeing the Moderates. There is a few but they seem to live in the West.

We know air power can not take territory. It might give us some video.

But, this is not a strategy. F-16's are a tool not a strategy.

I am against arming the Rebels. I would get all the innocents I could out of Syria.

This fight has gone on for Centuries...I would let them fight it out.

Syrian Opposition Wiki

edit on 11-9-2014 by whyamIhere because: Fix link

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The problem with letting them figure it out is that these people want to kill everything and everyone that does not follow them. And, we can't let it spread any further than it has.

By arming people fighting them it preoccupies them from messing with the rest of the world.
edit on 9/11/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
The problem with letting them figure it out is that these people want to kill everything and everyone that does not follow them. And, we can't let it spread any further than it has.

By arming people fighting them it preoccupies them from messing with the rest of the world.

So our strategy is to distract them and keep them busy.

It's just everything we do in the ME backfires.

If we are not willing to finish it ourselves....I think we should stay home.

I do understand where you are coming from. I just feel like I have seen this movie.

And, I don't like the way it ends...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The usual gang are always there stirring the pot.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Seeing the west thinks sanctions on Russia is a way to stop their aggression , why not impose sanctions on the countries aiding IS ? They have taken over oil fields and pipe lines but they have to be selling the oil to someone .Sending more guns,bombs and other war equipment will just increase their ability to kill more and more .I think the US plan is to take out as much of Syria's ability to respond to IS . Once they do that IS should be able to over through the Govt. like they did in Libya .Then IS will have all of the Syrian equipment and be able to move on to ???? a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Why should we arm the Syrian Rebels ?

To keep our economic well being someone always has to die. The US currency has no backing other than with blood.

Thank the bankers for that.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I Think they know exactly what arming the rebels will do, and the backlash it will cause I think they re banking on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

um enter the U.S. foreign policy of 50 or so years. Arm your future enemies. you may want to call it dumb but that is probably underestimating the architects of control.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am so with you on this one. So if there are no boots on the ground, then the West's purpose is to sell arms to them and by default to keep them fighting? What idiot in the war machine came up with this brilliant plan? and names I want names! It's time we had names and faces, as if their sales are going to keep the economy afloat.

If the regional struggle is as we are told it is, then why are the countries in the region not becoming involved? And Turkey is keeping the US planes out once more. Looks like it's the same old same old. Bah humbug! Propaganda and lies. I don't understand why we always have to mixed up in this prolonged nonsense.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

So our strategy is to distract them and keep them busy.

It's just everything we do in the ME backfires.

If we are not willing to finish it ourselves....I think we should stay home.

I do understand where you are coming from. I just feel like I have seen this movie.

And, I don't like the way it ends...

I'm with you. I don't like it either. When we stop fighting with one hand tied behind our backs we would end this in no time.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: aightism2
I Think they know exactly what arming the rebels will do, and the backlash it will cause I think they re banking on it.

I really hope you're wrong.

This is starting to look like Obama's Haliburton.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Perhaps under everything, there is a goal to keep the middle east in chaos, ostensibly through "helping".

Think of what it would mean, if there ever truly was a regionally accepted Islamic State.

Maybe promoting in-fighting, as horrible and painful as it is, is the only thing that will save the region, and eventually the world, from a true Caliphate.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

Think of what it would mean, if there ever truly was a regionally accepted Islamic State.

There are a few already...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Seeing the west thinks sanctions on Russia is a way to stop their aggression , why not impose sanctions on the countries aiding IS ?

That would mean sanctioning Saudi Arabia, Turkey,Kuwait, UAE, and Qatar.

Those idiots on capitol shill think of them and call them 'allies'.

Sanctions,banning their oil, and adding them ALL to the state sponsors of terrorism would be a start.

But that will never happen.

For some odd reason since the 80s our leadership thinks there are 'good' terrorists over there.

Be it the Sunni kind or the Shia kind they are two sides of the same coin.

They both want the same end.

The entire ME under Islamic rule, and Sharia law, and that leaves no room for the infidels, or the evil zionist's.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I couldn't help but notice that Obama's "strategy" looks an awful lot like the exact same thing that was happening when he "had no strategy".

1. Arm the rebels (this was already happening, the weapons ended up with ISIS)
2. Air strikes (this was already happening)
3. Seek an international coalition (this was already happening)
4. Pursue ISIS in Syria and Iraq (this was already happening)

...did I miss something?
Don't get me wrong, he sounded more forceful than he has any time in the recent past - but I can't escape the impression that he was just angry that he had to make a statement or take any action at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What do you mean, they have learned, they sell a bunch of weapons to the people in other countries who want to kill each other, and make a lot of money.
edit on 11-9-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

Obama wants no part of this.

He was weak and vague.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Seeing the west thinks sanctions on Russia is a way to stop their aggression , why not impose sanctions on the countries aiding IS ?

Although the Al-Muchabarat al-'Amma is indeed substantially responsible for the rise of ISIS, the US simply cannot "impose sanctions" on Saudi Arabia... it would be the fastest way to kill the petro-dollar, and thus would defeat the purpose of the entire ME-strategy of those behind the US Government.
edit on 11-9-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

OP,
You're assuming that US foreign policy is sincere in its efforts.

If there is no enemy, create one.

I do believe that arming the Afghans in the 80s, and their subsequent forming of Al Qaeda was an oversight, but we learned a valuable lesson in that. Halliburton smiles now when there are rebels abroad. We must arm them now, and kill them later. Cha Ching!

Funny thing is that the US claims they do not want an extreme Islamist state, yet they oppose Assad and he's a secular leader.

The US is just so frighteningly obvious with their intentions. I don't know what's worse, frankly. US foreign policy, or regular Americans who can't connect the dots because they're too busy watching CNN or Fox.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They were looking for an excuse to arm the Syrian Terrorists in Syria and the ISIS was and is the grand excuse. Your American government never learns its mistakes till shift hits the fan.

I feel as if the majority of your politicians dont even act like humans with compassion and a sense of honesty if they did we wouldn't be in this crisis right now.

Fact is the FSA arent moderates in northern Aleppo they already created shria law courts and had disbanded women from driving. How is that being moderates?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join