It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Says Americans Are Losing Their Appetite For McDonald's, Taco Bell And Burger King

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Forbe s

So I was reading another thread here about Mcdonalds and started googling for the source link and came across this gem.

Americans are losing their taste for fast food, according to a new survey by Brand Keys.

We'll thank god. Let's kill two birds with one stone, bad health and really bad pay scale. Maybe we'll save 8 billion in welfare and foodstamps if they go out of business.

It’s a distaste that cuts across demographic groups and one that’s reflected in the sales and profit declines at McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell, according to the brand loyalty/emotional engagement research consultancy.

We'll good. Maybe they will have to get a job that actually does something for the community rather then leech the lifeblood from it. Maybe in place of these crappy store a few local restaurants will start seeing better profits and the local economy will get ever so slightly better.

Anyway enjoy ATS!

edit on 9/11/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm glad people are losing their taste for eating crap. I would love to see local restaurants doing more business because of this. I do feel bad for the workers. We need some kind of jobs program and NOW!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Me too. Get this vile poison out of our economy.

Not just the food but the corporate policies and practice.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, the 99 cent Whoppers turned into a two for five buck deal. The prices of most of the burgers and sandwiches did the same thing at these fast food restaurants. I am not paying more than a buck for a gut bomb. I have my principles.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Most Millennials surveyed (89%) seek out fast, casual food they deem healthier, tastier and “more customized” than fast food, and they’re willing to pay more for it, the survey revealed.

According to Brand Keys, it’s tough to build brand loyalty with this group, which dubbed the grub served up at fast-food chains, “dollar food,” a reflection of the “Dollar Menu” marketing hook common at these venues.

Pretty much my attitude towards fast food restaurants. If I'm going to pay money to have a meal made for me quickly, then I want it to have some sort of quality substance. If that means I have to pay a bit more for that, then so be it. Fast food restaurants cater to the lowest denominator, and that just isn't in the cards anymore.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My only concern is the people working at these places. I do know a few people that had great careers going for them at one point, until they were let go due to downsizing. These people had to resort to fast food jobs just to make sure their families get fed. While I do agree that the food is horrible, and the business practices are deplorable, we still have the people working at these places who have families to feed in some cases. Do we really want those people going on unemployment and food stamps? There is some bad that will come with the good, no matter what happens to these corporations. I do agree that it is time to get rid of them though.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

It's going to suck for them and a lot of other people but it's about time for a change.

I don't support these companies staying in business to support them.

I want the government to be forced to spend our tax dollars on education reform and pay for these people to have a shot at a better life.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I believe without these chains the local restaurants would flourish and keep more money in the community and at a price less than what corporations do. I won't feel sorry that a rich CEO is out of a job.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
YAY THIS IS LIKE THE MOST HOPEFUL THREAD I'VE FOUND TODAY. Hahaha, this is seriously great though. It's about time that people wake up. America has been asleep for sooo long, I think things are finally starting to turn around.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The difference in food/eating between the 2 places I live (SW AZ & Los Angeles beach area) is shocking.

The beach area is very fitness conscious. There are a lot of small healthy food and juice places.

I think AZ just likes to make sure the entire plate is covered. Quantity over quality.

I go to McD for the Playland. That is the only reason I go there. But, McD in their wisdom has been closing the playlands and trying to upscale to mature restaurant eating. Are they insane.

I don't know how anyone can eat that crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Most of the western world has an obesity epidemic, we are eating this sugar, salt, fat soaked trash to death literally. A lot less of this fast fat trash will have to be eaten to save humanity. Maybe times are changing? Nothing lasts forever and maybe the age of Coca Cola and McDonald's is in decline?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Me too. Get this vile poison out of our economy.

Not just the food but the corporate policies and practice.

I totally agree with this but you lost all credibility when you told me to die and get out of the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Education reform would be huge, but I don't see that happening any time soon. They are too focused on dumbing down the population with the Common Core garbage, meanwhile, letting people get buried so deep in student loans that a lot of them will never be able to dig themselves out. On top of that, we also have the for profit "schools" that will pretty much hand a "degree", which is worth less than the paper it's printed on, to anyone who is able to stick with the program for the entirety. University of Phoenix and DeVry are good examples of that.

I don't expect any changes to be made by the government, until we start making changes to the government. For starters, we have a president who can talk a big talk, but still gets nothing done, aside from dividing our country. There is a reason we are having more issues with hate crimes, people disagreeing on things to the point of nearly starting a war, and things like that. Once we get together as the people of the United States, and finally decide it is time to really make a change, then we might see things start getting better, but in the mean time, they are just going to do whatever they can to keep the average working person down.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
7.50 for a combo meal at McD. Small-ish sandwich, fries and a cup of soda. May or may not fill me up. Usually doesn't.

Or maybe $6.00 for a fresh deli-sub with 3 different meats, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, & dressing. $1.25 for a soda or Arizona tea, and .90 for a bag of chips?

It's a little more, but there is no comparison.
edit on 11/9/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Many of the Latino food trucks provide fast food but its made out of real things that grew from the ground and are not processed. Give it a try before deeming them "roach coaches" some are very clean and owned and operated by passionate hard working people. Let these guys take over the fast food industry. Given the ingredients I know one that could single handedly put Taco Bell out of business if they could expand.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ericscot879
YAY THIS IS LIKE THE MOST HOPEFUL THREAD I'VE FOUND TODAY. Hahaha, this is seriously great though. It's about time that people wake up. America has been asleep for sooo long, I think things are finally starting to turn around.

I and many others has stated this in the past.

The people buying the junk need to wake up and save their future.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The struggle of the employees to make a livable wage is being and fought and won by the workers. Did you think your billion dollar corporation was going to continue to thrive when your making your profit on the backs of the poor, and now everyone knows this is true?

Pay your employees a livable wage and you will thrive, don't and suffer the consequences.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm sorry you can't separate the issues.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Forbe s

So I was reading another thread here about Mcdonalds and started googling for the source link and came across this gem.

Americans are losing their taste for fast food, according to a new survey by Brand Keys.

We'll thank god. Let's kill two birds with one stone, bad health and really bad pay scale. Maybe we'll save 8 billion in welfare and foodstamps if they go out of business.

It’s a distaste that cuts across demographic groups and one that’s reflected in the sales and profit declines at McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell, according to the brand loyalty/emotional engagement research consultancy.

We'll good. Maybe they will have to get a job that actually does something for the community rather then leech the lifeblood from it. Maybe in place of these crappy store a few local restaurants will start seeing better profits and the local economy will get ever so slightly better.

Anyway enjoy ATS!

Well of course. Our tastes and quality demands do change and there are now many alternatives that are better for you, tastier, and also fairly rapid if you are pressed for time.

Consider than "microbrews" were unheard of 40 years ago and all you had was crap for beer and now they are all over.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Mc Donalds "used to be" good. Back when they actually cooked food fresh, now they just let food sit in a plastic tray til it goes far past the edible stage.

I remember the day I stopped eating mcdonalds...I got a double cheeseburger and 1 patty was fresh the other was old and disgusting. The fries I got were 90% old and they just topped it with like 10 fresh french fries as if I was stupid to not know they just ripped me off.

Needless to say I went back and got a refund. They offered to make me a new order but i told them no, just give me a refund and I will never eat mcdonalds again. I haven't been back since.

I'm glad the majority are starting to open their eyes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join