It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids From Ferguson Recruited to ‘Educate White America’ on Racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

We always said that you can put young kids of all colors in a room and they would get along because they don't know what racism is...........................yet

They are still innocent, not tainted with hate

Once they hit their teens, all bets are off however

You can put plenty of adults together in a room and the issues that arise are unlikely going to be due to race, just something to think about on the subject of all people being a bunch of hate fueled racists.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would also like to say that just because one says this 'white lady' or this 'black lady' does NOT make one a racist
That is the only way to describe a person to whom you may be talking to or bump into or helping on the side of the road

Cops use skin color to help narrow down a victims/perps identity

It's the callous remarks used towards a specific group that can be perceived as racists, and it comes in all colors, not just white

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Having reached the age of 'grey-top' it bothers me that nothing changes on this issue over the length of my life-time.

Whether people like it of not both black and white seem to prefer/understand their own kind, until you get to the equal pay earners and then in fairness people cooperate, become friends etc. You see every race cooperating in work places such as the NHS in the UK. A ward can contain patients and staff from literally all over the world, all cooperating 'in getting better'. Occasional rudeness mostly from patients in pain can be pardoned - but the ethos works and presents a beautiful environment.

So why does it break down in places? I still go for education and poverty. I watched the Whittle video someone's thread linked to about crime of black on white and white on black. I foun d it scary and I know the UK government hopes to hide the statistics, but, I do think that unless kids leave an integrated school where bullying and academic and a selection of other talents are fully utilised and then go into colleges that focus on their potential, we won't change this miserable cycle.

In our schools, we don't concentrate on individuals in class in quite the way to find their talent and move that talent on. Our curriculum focuses on exam results ion basic subjects and then letting the talent, if it ever manifests come out on the individual's own efforts and sometimes whether black or white, people don't know what they would be good at. I think this is a huge hole in the net that so many live though and can't get out from, hence hubs of poverty and hatred of people better off.

We do have to start somewhere when ween we know we have a problem. Also you can't expect everyone to 'like' every one else, but you have to ask why some races integrate easier than others into different countries?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
What a stupid video. Racism against white people is real. Black people have no right to call racism a white on black crime. They aren't the only victims. "Black people get frisked more often than white people". I've never been in a neighborhood where just stopping at the stop sign prompted a group of white people to run up to my car aggressively and harass me about what I was doing there. But, I have had a group of black people do that.

White people are victims of racism to. I went to college park, Atlanta for a job. I stopped at a Burger King to eat. A young black guy circled around the restaurant windows in his car and stopped his car to intentionally stare at me. The look I got was, "U in the wrong neighborhood, white boy". This happens all the time to white people in these situations.

So, black people. If yall aren't racist too, then why do I feel in danger due to my skin color when I go to a neighborhood where there are more black people than white people? I believe black people, in their private moments, have a lot of discussions about "the evils of white people". You can tell, because when black people use the words, "white boy", they sound like they have some background education on what the term implies. And it has a negative undertone.

Maybe black people get frisked more often because they are more likely to commit crimes? I think that is the case. That's not being racist, its being truthful.

I wonder what the percentage of people are that play the knockout game are black and what percentage are white? I'm going to go out on a limb here (without knowing for sure) and go ahead and say there are closer to 80% of black people who play the game. Why? Because that's the world I watch. A world where one race can be known for their heinous acts of violence and uncivilized actions. Not because they're targeted by police more. But, because they are guilty more. Just look at the attitudes of the black kids in the video. Typical confrontational attitude. You're more likely, as a white man, to get lynched by a gang of black people than a black man is to get lynched by a gang of white people.

This video is utter crap.

edit on 11-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
LOL ... good job fighting racism with racism. It's stupid and will have an opposite effect. It's like treating Ebola by spreading it to thousands of healthy people. Nice job.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Well I'm not conservative and I find this offensive. They should really start looking inward if they really want to address racism. Hey white people? Wtf

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tired of the term "racist".

Take podiatrist, cardiologist, meteorologist, scientist for example, professionals.

Is a racist a person who specializes in hate?

Off hand I can only think of two prominent people who have made careers on racial hate. Maybe a case could be made for the KKK but they don't really make a living off it, their just crazy screw bags nobody really pays attention to.

"Racist" gimme a break. Time we just get along stop being stupid and concentrate on what's really wrong with society.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Who the hell was that cracker at the end?

I'm guessing it was their "white friend".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm just curious -- those of you who object to the video -- how would you react to it if the video only contained white people? Let's say the script was pretty much the same ("Hey white people", etc.) - all the same info, all the same statistics talking about racism against blacks still existing. What would you think of that video?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'm just curious -- those of you who object to the video -- how would you react to it if the video only contained white people? Let's say the script was pretty much the same ("Hey white people", etc.) - all the same info, all the same statistics talking about racism against blacks still existing. What would you think of that video?

Some of the beginning information was not totally right. Yes a white police officer shot an unarmed black man, but the circumstances were missing. I was never happy that they sat on this info before releasing, that makes the info seem fishy. But if the info we have now is correct, the guy was a criminal and had just stolen and assaulted someone (worker) at the convenience store, he hit the cop, etc, then no I would not be happy because it's still inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I absolutely would. I think any form of racism should be unacceptable. As a matter of fact, if I were to be completely honest... I would likely be more appalled if white people did it than black people simply because of conditioning. I would wonder how they could possibly be so ignorant and brazen at the same time.

I wish people didn't exist that made things like this "seem" necessary. I wish that when I typed out an opinion I didn't have to constantly qualify it with "I would feel that way if either race did this". I wish I could just say that what someone did was unacceptable without having to think through the wording so that it isn't perceived as racist by those who are always on the hunt for any tiny thing that could be misconstrued as such. I wish people would wake the hell up and realize that we are all just people struggling to make a life on this planet and the color of our skin should be the last thing we should struggle with.

I just wish that the world was fair and just for everyone and I really wish that the ignorant people out there would quit acting in ways that keep this crap alive and thriving... ON ALL SIDES.

So yes... I would feel the same if anyone had done it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So, what do you think of the civil rights movement of the 1960's? Do you think it was wrong of people to protest? Would it have been better to just ignore it and not talk about it? Do you think the Jim Crow laws in the south would have gone away if we just didn't talk about it, didn't discuss it, didn't bring it up?

What it sounds like you are saying to me is that we shouldn't talk about it, we should ignore it, and it will then go away. It simply won't exist anymore. Would that have worked in the 1860's? It would have been great if we could have avoided that whole Civil War thingie by just ignoring the whole slave situation, and it would have all gone away by itself.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So, what do you think of the civil rights movement of the 1960's? Do you think it was wrong of people to protest? Would it have been better to just ignore it and not talk about it? Do you think the Jim Crow laws in the south would have gone away if we just didn't talk about it, didn't discuss it, didn't bring it up?

What it sounds like you are saying to me is that we shouldn't talk about it, we should ignore it, and it will then go away. It simply won't exist anymore. Would that have worked in the 1860's? It would have been great if we could have avoided that whole Civil War thingie by just ignoring the whole slave situation, and it would have all gone away by itself.

I don't think it will likely matter what I tell you will it? I mean really... Will it? There will be no way that I can word anything that you will not equate with something negative.

I won't even waste time answering the ridiculous question you started off with. Even if you've never read another post I've made here, what I've written in this thread alone should tell you your answer. Repeating it will obviously do no good.

This is why we will never overcome racism. Someone will always be waiting in the wings to equate someone's objection of fighting racism with racism with them disagreeing with either the civil rights movement or still thinking that black people should know their place.

You asked if we should not talk about it. I answered that question in my first post in this thread. If you will read the whole thing it states that we should ignore all of the race baiting bullshiite that goes on. I'm not sure how that translates into ignoring that racism does exist (a fact that again... has already been posted in this thread).

My point is that you don't fight racism with racism. I would appreciate it if you didn't try to make it seem that I don't/didn't support the Civil Rights movement with that view.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

One of the best ways to fight racism is by talking about it. This video is talking about it. You can't talk about it without mentioning the words "race" or "black" or "white". We shouldn't be afraid of those words being used in a discussion about racism. Saying any of those words is not race-baiting. It's just a frank discussion. The point of this video was not to be racist against whites. The point was to say to all those who say that racism doesn't still exist against blacks - umm yeah, it still does exist. How is it racism to say that racism against blacks still exists? Unless you (I mean the general "you", not you specifically) think racism against blacks has completely vanished, then this video is telling the truth. What's wrong with telling the truth?

I'm not saying you are against the civil rights movement. I'm saying that this video is no different than what happened during the civil rights movement. Blacks (and whites) saying, "This is happening and it's wrong. Let's be aware of it and let's stop it now." I know you don't think the civil rights protests were race-baiting. Neither is this video.

I don't even like to use the word racism anymore. It's too sensitive. Let's call it discrimination. Discrimination still exists against blacks. This video is just pointing that out.

edit on 11-9-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Racism sucks in any form.

That being said I have been called a cracka, a honkey, a white devil, a white boy and a wood to my face more times than I can count.

Not one time in any of those instances did I initiate an arguement or use racial slurs towards those involved.

Where is the video addressing those types of situations that many caucasions experience? Trust me it happens more times then people know or want to admit and it is the absolute definition of racism.
edit on 11-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is nothing wrong with discussing and addressing white on black racism.

The problem is nobody wants to discuss, address or even admit that there is a lot of black on white racism occurring too.

You cannot discuss one and not the other. Equal is equal.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey black people. We got over racism in 1865. Grow up.

Your martyrdom is getting old.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'd opine the music would be more akin to 'Merican Bandstand and less Soul Train™...

Edit: You know, if "white people" did it...
edit on 11-9-2014 by JimNasium because: addendum

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

There is nothing wrong with discussing and addressing white on black racism.

The problem is nobody wants to discuss, address or even admit that there is a lot of black on white racism ocurring too.

You cannot discuss one and not the other. Equal is equal.

I have no problem discussing that. I can tell you that I personally have never experienced discrimination by blacks. That's the God's honest truth.

I am a southerner. I have been around blacks all my life. True, I've never lived in the 'hood. I've lived in the suburbs all my life. But I did go to Chicago on vacation with my husband a few years ago. We decided to take the buses around to save money. Once, when changing buses, we ended up in a part of Chicago that appeared to be populated by mostly blacks. Let's just say, it wasn't a wealthy part of town. We had to run to catch the next bus, so we hopped on with me gasping for air. The bus was full of black people - no seats available. A black woman about my age sitting at the front saw me gasping for air. She stood up and offered me her seat so I could catch my breath. Yep, a black woman giving up her seat at the front of the bus for a white woman. Was it because I was white? Hell no - it was because I was struggling for air and she felt bad for me. My husband and I stayed on that bus until the very last stop. We were the only whites on the bus the whole time. I never once felt any animosity or bad vibes.

Have I personally seen discrimination by whites against blacks? Many times. That's my personal experience.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I am not living in a fantasy land where I can believe racism doesn't exist. I've stated here already, that I do believe it does. What I disagree with is the "Hey white people" part of this that lumps us all together in it. I completely understand where you are coming from. I wish that discussing it would make it disappear, but the truth is that there are people who will not change their hate regardless of what you say or how good your points are. They just hate and you can't break through it.

I think the video could have been done in a way that it didn't come off as racist against whites as it does. Just as in the 60's when some whites stood up for the blacks, they still do that today but it seems to be ignored when it happens now instead of being celebrated. Anytime people can come together for the greater good... It should be celebrated.

There will always be uneducated dumbasses that spout racist ideals daily and THAT is what I was saying needed to be ignored. When we feed it by airing it on media constantly we are giving them what they want and they gain more supporters. If the baiting was ignored completely and not fed, it would eventually die off IMO.

The video does contain some truths. But to only address whites makes it hypocritical. Hate exists in every color and focusing on only one is what stirs up the ire. There are many whites that would proudly stand beside the black folks who have been done wrong. Something like this makes it seem that those efforts weren't real, didn't exist, and didn't matter. That's not too fair for those folks IMO.

I know a lot of white people sometimes grow tired of constantly having to somehow prove they aren't racist because of a few idiots that had no home training. A lot of black people don't want to be judged by the actions of a few... well... it's the same way for many of us.

I'm tired of the word racism as well. You would think we would have moved far past that by now, but there is always somebody to stir the pot for their own gain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join