It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireworks: McCain vs. Carney "It's Not A Matter Of Disagreement; It's A Matter Of Facts"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For months some of us have been saying Obama knew of the Clear and present danger that ISIL presented and he needed to prevent this rogue terrorist group from becoming even more of a threat in the Middle East and to the rest of the world...In fact his entire security council told Mr. Obama this, yet, Obama did nothing and chose to look the other way! Because it was an election year and public opinion was more important than protecting the American people from a very real threat!

As Carney spins his rhetoric McCain lays it out the way it really was...

I have said that Obama over ruled the Military advisors on the ground when they explained to pull all troops out of Iraq at once is going to destabilize the fragile Iraqi government and undermine all the effort in the war! Yet Obama had to have his way, because he knew best!

So if you are upset that we are going back to Iraq or committing more troops to Iraq, blame your idiot Obamatron!

Here is the opening transcript...

SEN. JOHN McCAIN: I think it was a very weak argument. And by the way, I'm astounded that Mr. Carney should say that the Free Syrian Army is now stronger. In fact, they have been --

JAY CARNEY: Well, that's not that I said, Senator. If I could, sir, what I said is, if we know a great deal more now about the makeup of the opposition. --

McCAIN: Come on, Jay, we knew all about them then. You just didn't choose to know. I was there in Syria. We we knew about them. Come on, you guys were the ones -- your boss was the one when the entire national security team wanted to arm and train them that he turned them down, Mr. Carney after --

realclearpolitics

edit on 9/10/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here's the video...

FULL Heated Exchange: McCain vs. Jay Carney on CNN - 9/10/2014

www.youtube.com...

And yes, Obama knew all about ISIS ISIL a long time ago.

That's why he said they were Junior Varsity level.

Obama talks in opposites many times.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is not entirely easy for me to admit, but on this point, Bush was right.

When former President George W. Bush makes a rare visit to Washington today, he won’t criticize President Obama for the bloodletting Obama unleashed with his withdrawal from Iraq. After leaving office, Bush promised Obama his silence. He is a man of his word.

But if Bush did speak out, here is what he ought to say:

I told you so.

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you my friend i did not realize the link was broken! I appreciate the fix.....

Pax

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I really can't stand Jay Carney. Obama 4#$#@ the bed on this, just like most things during his golf tri . . I mean Presidency.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oh goody, is that the same mccain that was on ccn and said that obama was the only one that did not want to arm isis, gotta love the spin machine and the kool aid drinkers working in overdrive, gotta get those votes to save the gop.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh goody, is that the same mccain that was on ccn and said that obama was the only one that did not want to arm isis, gotta love the spin machine and the kool aid drinkers working in overdrive, gotta get those votes to save the gop.

Yup...that's the guy. And yes, he knows them...they partied.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yea... absolutely. Keep our troops in Iraq longer... maybe a few more years. Spend several $billion more we don't have, kill and maim thousands more young people and then, when we finally DO pull out after said expenditures, guess what. The same outcome. Do you clowns actually think that a few more years, a few more billion$ would have changed the ultimate end state? This is a CF of OUR own making. It has nothing to do with when or if we pulled our troops out. It has EVERYTHING to do with our destabilizing the region and putting our troops there in the first place. I mean for the love of god. Is it SO hard to see? Yea, Sadam et al were very bad people. So now we have thousands upon thousands of very bad people, pathological resentment of the West for having destroyed homes, lives and families, and millions of tons of very dangerous munitions left behind for said bad people to play with. Great plan. But yea, Obama pouring billions into that blackhole would have made everything skittles and rainbows.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The real problem, and reason for his pathological reluctance to take stern action when it is clearly indicated, is Obama's fear that the Nobel Peace Prize committee may ask for its $1.4 million back.

Spineless is as spineless does...
edit on 11-9-2014 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Yea, I'm sure that's it. Or maybe, unlike others before him, he realizes that before you jump off the cliff into the water yiou need to know how deep the water is and what obstacles are under the surface that could break your spine. But by all means, take your superior spine to the region and do what needs to be done. You apparently have the answers. Go get 'em cowboy.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: mobiusmale

Yea, I'm sure that's it. Or maybe, unlike others before him, he realizes that before you jump off the cliff into the water yiou need to know how deep the water is and what obstacles are under the surface that could break your spine. But by all means, take your superior spine to the region and do what needs to be done. You apparently have the answers. Go get 'em cowboy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Is that the same bush that passed the bill for usa to withdraw from iraq before obama was elected president, oh my do you people realise that theres the truth and then theres faux outrage.
edit on 11-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Yup...that's the guy. And yes, he knows them...they partied.

Well Mr. Canada we will just call you the mouthpiece of propaganda!! Those people in that photo are not nor ever were part of ISIS.....Are you aware that the first people to circulate this image and claim McCain posed with ISIS is none other than Hezbollah??!!

You need to check your facts before you continue spreading lies regarding a U.S.Senator! Unless you are a supporter of Hezbollah!!

Here is the truth about the photo......But before I get into that....This post is not about McCAin this post is ultimately about Obama's failed response to deal with ISIS 2 years ago when they would have been much easier to snuff out! Nice derail!

U.S. Sen. John McCain is one of the most vocal proponents of attacking the terrorist Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, and has increased the urgency since last week's beheading murder of kidnapped journalist James Foley.

But McCain, R-Ariz., has come under fire from the left-leaning organization VoteVets.org for allegedly posing for a photo in 2013 with "ISIS fighters," a charge the group has been unable to back up and that McCain calls a fabrication.

The photo was taken during a surprise May 2013 trip McCain took to Syria to meet with rebel leaders in the civil war against President Bashar Assad's regime. Then and now, McCain is a passionate advocate for helping the moderate Free Syrian Army, which has been battling both Assad's forces and the extremists. In June, President Barack Obama's administration proposed a $500 million plan to arm and train the moderate Syrian opposition.

McCain's photo with the Syrian rebels misidentified as ISIS fighters has caught fire on social-media platforms such as Twitter. It was distributed in a VoteVets fundraising e-mail dated Tuesday, the same day that ISIS released a grisly video documenting Foley's murder.

"While he was there (in Syria), he paused for some photos — including some with ISIS militants," VoteVets chairman Jon Soltz, an Iraq War veteran, wrote in the e-mail that featured the photo. "Today, just over a year later, he wants to fight ISIS in Iraq — ostensibly against the weapons he wants to provide them in Syria."

McCain's camp pushed back hard, characterizing the VoteVets charge as a lie. The senator's office noted that not only has the Obama White House come around to the idea of arming the Free Syrian Army, but former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said in an interview that the U.S. failure to help establish "a credible fighting force ... left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled."

And ISIS recently singled out McCain as "the enemy" and a "crusader" in a propaganda magazine.

"It is shameful that the liberal group VoteVets would completely fabricate this obviously false smear, but it just shows how far some of President Obama's defenders will go to attack anyone who criticizes his failed foreign policy," McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said.

In a meeting Thursday with The Arizona Republic's editorial board, McCain said a Hezbollah-controlled newspaper in Beirut was the first to make unfounded accusations about the men in the photo.

One of the men with McCain is Gen. Salim Idris, who at the time chief of staff of the Free Syrian Army's Supreme Military Council. He was removed from the post in February. Another is Mouaz Moustafa, executive director of the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a Washington, D.C.-based group that encourages U.S. intervention on behalf of the moderate opposition and organized McCain's visit. A third man who had been disputed in the past has since been identified "as one of the brigade commanders for the Free Syrian Army," McCain said.

He was with the Northern Storm Brigade, a force affiliated with the Free Syrian Army that has battled ISIS, McCain's office clarified.

"It's foolishness," but the false charge "just bangs around the Internet," McCain said.

Asked by The Republic for documentation or a source for its claim that the McCain photo included ISIS militants, VoteVets could not provide any evidence, but did pass along an Aug. 18 Washington Post column by Souad Mekhennet that makes the point that some "factions" of the Free Syrian Army have joined ISIS. The column didn't relate to anyone in the McCain photo.

azcentral.com

These are the facts and why is a Canadian so eager to comment on the affairs of our nation, the U.S?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Is that the same bush that passed the bill for usa to withdraw from iraq before obama was elected president, oh my do you people realise that theres the truth and then theres faux outrage.

But But

Bush warned about a full withdrawal...

George W. Bush was right about Iraq pullout

In the summer of 2007, Bush warned of the dire consequence of pulling U.S. troops out of Iraq against the advice of our commanders on the ground. All of Washington was telling Bush that the surge he had launched would fail and that the time had come to withdraw from Iraq and accept defeat.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Wonder why ole BHO took credit for Iraq.

www.washingtonpost.com... hing-different/

Then I wonder why his second Biden was declaring Iraq was one of Obama's 'great' achievement's.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Now it's 'Bush's fault' !

Can the Bush haters EVER get their story straight ?

And Yeah Obama knew about the ISIS threat for over a year.

Obama knew about ISIS

The funny part here is after campagining about the evils of war the current Potus turned around, and did the same thing to Libya, Yemen, and Syria.

But the reign of terror of the Obama administration has been 'better' than 'evil' Bush!.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus
Well, it all depends whose propaganda one is listening to. Your article seems to be the only repudiation of that photo that I have encountered in a quick search. Are you denying that the Saudis and Qataris appear to be the paymasters for ISIS?

Here's McCain's take...

'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback
U.S lawmakers encouraged officials in Riyadh to arm Syrian rebels. Now that strategy may have created a monster in the Middle East.
“Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” John McCain told CNN’s Candy Crowley in January 2014. “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,” the senator said once again a month later, at the Munich Security Conference. Link

It's all about the playmates you choose, and the costs of those decisions. And did the Iraqis not turf the Americans out? Don't talk to me about residual forces...you were shown the door.

Getting back to playmates and consequences...

And finally: "These are the facts and why is a Canadian so eager to comment on the affairs of our nation, the U.S?"

Well, this is an international forum. If you don't want international response, then post somewhere else, maybe in a forum devoted to a more right-wing American Onanistic Oval. I'm sure you know where to find them.

edit on 11-9-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mcain just said the other day that some of the 911 conspirators came through Canada..WTF..WRONG, sorry he is senile.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh neo i never blame bush thats the easy way out, i just commented to the poster that bush passed a bill saying that the usa will be out of iraq by a certain date, im just using facts no faux outrage, im sorry facts are a no no in anti obumer threads, at least you didint call me an obama fan this time.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks mr x, now go find the bill that he signed as fact of us troops pulling out, not my fault or obumers fault that he changed is mind.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Quit your whining!! I don't know who you are referring to when you say "we" The reason ALL of this is happening and more troops will be sent to Iraq is one man's fault!! That blame lies solely on Barrack H. Obama!!!!

Obama has no morals or values! The man is a malignant narcissist!! The fact that more troops will head back to Iraq falls directly on Obama!! He thought and still thinks himself so high and mighty that he argued troops are coming home no matter what! Once again seeing himself as an expert on conducting a strategic Military plan! He abused his Executive privilege to disregard the experts i.e. the Generals on the ground!!
Obama knew the consequences of pulling all troops out of Iraq at the same time, Yet, he pursued HIS way regardless!!

So because our govt. and this President cared more about himself than he did for our Military esp. the ones that gave their all in this fight, and for you or me, troops are now going back to Iraq to help un do the damage that was done from this dumb ass move!!

If this Lameduck President would have dealt with ISIS when every member on his security team told him too...We would not be fighting ISIS at all!! It would have been much easier to eradicate this heathens!

So the lesson is do not put off until tomorrow what you can and SHOULD do today!! We are reaping, what this man, by his actions has sewn!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join