It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Believe I had Encountered a Time Slip When i Was a Child In Italy at The Colosseum

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter
What a great post, OP, and it's generated many other great posts, relating interesting occurrences and adding to yours by attempting to explain it. Fascinating reading.

I do think we inhabit the same locations, and the different "times" are separated by a thin veil, so that we're all here, actually at the same time, or in a parallel location, but experiencing a different "time."
Some think of it, or use the word "dimension" to describe it. But perhaps those time dimensions, all exist in the same locality.

There was a movie years ago, though I cannot remember the name of it, demonstrating through story, just this theory. Nicole Kidman was the lead actress is the focal, identifying point I remember. She was a mother of two children, allergic to sunlight, so she had to keep them inside with blackout curtaining on all windows. In the end, it turned out she and the children were ghosts, and she had killed them. I cannot remember the circumstances, other than her husband was killed in a war, can't remember which one, maybe WWII. She was living in this time period, the time period the movie story was set in, but there was a "modern times" family living there, in the ending, in the same place, but in this time period.

That's one theory, that explains your experience. Another theory would be you somehow arrived in a past event, though inhabiting the present, so to speak. What you seem to explain it as. Another possibility is that you arrived in a future event, as sometimes, I think, our present drives us to a future most like the past. In other words, it's not unthinkable that with a major, global life changing event like a war, or a nuclear detonation that culls most of the world's population, eventually, through the explosion first, and fall-out later that would spread, and carry disease, primarily, cancer along with it, that the remaining population, absent the present power grid, for instance, might revert to life like the past, and have public execution as a function of entertainment, which is what the Coliseum with lions and gladiators, and lions where criminals judged to the death were thrown, served as in Rome…..
In that case it could have been a future, you experienced and arrived in the middle of.

Fascinating to consider, no matter what one arrives at, in opinion…
tetra50

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have felt what it feels like to end up in a different time than now, it feels very fresh and extremely real, more real than living in the present.

It is only in vivid dreams that I have traveled to the past, and to the future. Once I ended up in a jungle with dinosaurs and another time I ended up in a jungle with ruined skyscrapers.

I could sense the O.P.'s time slip was accurate by the way he portrayed it. I think that younger people might not always be anchored all the way to the present, so one could end up in the past for a moment.

If the O.P. got lost from his parents in a strange area, and his parents were his main anchors, it would make sense if he found himself in the past. Meditation teaches us to detach in order to gain access to out-of-body travel / awareness while awake. The O.P. may have become detached because he had no attachments to the area in the first place.
edit on 13amSat, 13 Sep 2014 01:45:29 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
My husband had the same feeling in the coliseum when he visited it back in the early 70's while in the Navy. I think it was sound coming from below the coliseum in the caverns (if I'm not mistaken).

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: smackdog
My husband had the same feeling in the coliseum when he visited it back in the early 70's while in the Navy. I think it was sound coming from below the coliseum in the caverns (if I'm not mistaken).

Exactly thats where i was in the place in the below or more the entrance to the arena , from the current images i had seen it seems they have closed it though

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

The film was called The Others and Nicole Kidman's timeframe was the end of the second world war. The servants who appeared (and were also ghosts) lived in the house in an earlier time frame. The servant mentioned that sometimes they were aware of "others" in the house and sometimes they were not. It was a really good film, I thoroughly enjoyed it..one of the better "ghost" movies in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Interesting Story. I do believe the time slips could happen and that you might actually see the past. But to interact with it (like you said the guards actually saw you) I think is somewhat odd because those were events that happened. They're locked. It's not like they happen right now so that we could interact with them or actually alter them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing you're story with us , that is one thing that the internet is great for .

When i was a child 4 hrs just vanished in a field i was going through jus as i turned , nothing exciting like you had .

But i am still scratching my head over it 4 decades later

s& f

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join