It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain 'becoming like Downton Abbey' says TUC leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Hardly surprising when we have Flashman and his cronies in charge.

The claim comes from leader of the Trade Union Congress Frances O'Grady who will give a speech later today at the TUC conference in Liverpool , in it she will say....

"We are piling yet more riches onto a privileged few. Economic growth is back but there's no sign of it in most workers' pay packets. In fact, the gap has got worse. Top chief executives now earn 175 times the wages of the average worker. "Silver spoons are ever more firmly clamped in the mouths of those who were born with them." She will add: "And under this government, class prejudice is becoming respectable once again."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately we have no real viable alternative , although as much as I dislike Ed Miliband and despise Ed Balls the alternative for the next 5 years is far far worse.

Dumb and dumber 2

edit on 8-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A nation run by "fag-masters".

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

That cad Cammy would totally hide in a pile of corpses to appear the wounded hero after a battle. If he had Flashy's tash and sidies, as well his roguish charm with the ladies and knockabout adventures i may forgive him...

I posted this the other day, maybe it deserves wider attention:

Old boys club still dominates public life

A “cosy club” of people educated at private schools and Oxbridge still dominates politics, the judiciary and media, and locks out talented people from more modest backgrounds, according to Government advisers.

Some 71 per cent of senior judges, 62 per cent of senior armed forces officers, 55 per cent of Whitehall permanent secretaries, 50 per cent of House of Lords members and 43 per cent of newspaper columnists were privately educated. So were 36 per cent of the Cabinet, 33 per cent of MPs, 33 per cent of the England cricket team and 26 per cent of BBC executives.

Three in four senior judges, 59 per cent of the Cabinet, 57 per cent of permanent secretaries, 50 per cent of diplomats, 47 per cent of newspaper columnists, 33 per cent of the Shadow Cabinet and 24 per cent of MPs went to Oxford or Cambridge University. One in seven judges went to five independent schools – Eton, Westminster, Radley, Charterhouse or St Paul’s Boys.

Also..... The Smith Institute - Who Governs Britain, A Profile of MPs in the New Parliament contains more stats re The House of Commons, such as:

20 MPs (19 Conservative and 1 Lib Dem) went to Eton, compared with 14 in

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I suspect that Cameron and Osbourne may well have been at the bottom of such a relationship.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: EA006

I suspect that Cameron and Osbourne may well have been at the bottom of such a relationship.

Lol I hoped you'd get in on that there.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Isn't it the same everywhere though, to some degree?

I mean, look at all the Ivy League schooled MBA recipients who have done such a stellar job destroying the US economy with their get rich quick and screw everyone else attitudes and lack of foresight. Don't these institutions really instill a kind of perceived superiority on their members and students anyway? Cases of favoured families being a shoe-in to these places, whether those entering them have the academic qualifications and acumen or not.

A simple look at the gap between the workers pay and that of the Ivy League MBA holding CEO's shows all you need to see to grasp the sense of entitlement these money grabbers have, when it comes to them and their similarly lofty buddies.

I have spent most of my working life watching idiots at very high levels make decisions that beggar belief, that then cost a lot of money and ultimately lose people in the lower ranks their jobs. With the politicians it is even more alarming, given the amount of taxpayer money they criminally squander, and the complete lack of accountability for their actions.

I have often joked that, as "outsourcing" is apparently such a good business model, we should therefore sack the entire government and lords, and replace them via an outsourced provider in Bangalore or Manila. Ok, we'd still get some corrupt buggers most likely, but it would cost the taxpayer a hell of a lot less in labour and expenses, and make them easier to sack for non-performance!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

To some extent yes but Cameron has taken it to a whole new level , you know there's a problem when your education secretary starts making statements to the press about the "preposterous" number of Etonians in David Cameron's inner cabinet

Gove drew comparisons between Cameron's team and the cabinet of the Eton-educated Tory prime minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, Lord Salisbury, who was criticised for alleged nepotism and cronyism. "At the beginning of the 20th century, the Conservative cabinet was called Hotel Cecil," Gove said. "The phrase 'Bob's your uncle' came about and all the rest of it. It is preposterous."

Of course nobody was surprised when he was demoted at the next reshuffle , can't have people giving their honest opinion can we.

edit on 8-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately we have no real viable alternative ,

Well, you could always try flushing out all the pedos, since whatever they are contributing is not nearly worth seeing them locked up for their crimes.

If there's anyone left to run the guv, I'm sure they will find it easier balancing the budget without all those "charity weekend, for the kids, with the kids, dinner and fancy pants party" costs which were secretly penned in.

edit on 8-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately we have no real viable alternative ,

Well, you could always try flushing out all the pedos, since whatever they are contributing is not nearly worth seeing them locked up for their crimes.

If there's anyone left to run the guv, I'm sure they will find it easier balancing the budget without all those "charity weekend, for the kids, with the kids, dinner and fancy pants party" costs which were secretly penned in.

Get rid of them from parliament and then the house of lords.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

I mean, look at all the Ivy League schooled MBA recipients who have done such a stellar job destroying the US economy with their get rich quick and screw everyone else attitudes and lack of foresight. Don't these institutions really instill a kind of perceived superiority on their members and students anyway? Cases of favoured families being a shoe-in to these places, whether those entering them have the academic qualifications and acumen or not.

A simple look at the gap between the workers pay and that of the Ivy League MBA holding CEO's shows all you need to see to grasp the sense of entitlement these money grabbers have, when it comes to them and their similarly lofty buddies.

I have spent most of my working life watching idiots at very high levels make decisions that beggar belief, that then cost a lot of money and ultimately lose people in the lower ranks their jobs. With the politicians it is even more alarming, given the amount of taxpayer money they criminally squander, and the complete lack of accountability for their actions.

I have often joked that, as "outsourcing" is apparently such a good business model, we should therefore sack the entire government and lords, and replace them via an outsourced provider in Bangalore or Manila. Ok, we'd still get some corrupt buggers most likely, but it would cost the taxpayer a hell of a lot less in labour and expenses, and make them easier to sack for non-performance!

The smaller the country the worse it gets. The good old boy network is alive and well. Everyone in professional politics should be flushed on a regular basis and judges should be voted in not appointed by some political agenda pushing politician.

Many small (aren't they all anymore?) countries are accused of corrupt government officials which is still part of the croney system of "I am connected and therefore untouchable" syndrome that seems to infect many modern societies. Class warfare due to birth or money was better hidden once upon a time after it was torn apart; but as they say, "history repeats itself"...

Some of the stuff in many countries.... is so blatant..... it is truly amazing how the populace just sticks their head in the sand and tries to ignore what is going on all around them. Wish bones are not backbones!

The next step is to protect your buddies businesses by stopping new company start-ups or making it so cumbersome that most do not have the means to get their business off the ground due to regulations.

top topics

join