It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shielding.. the most important method of DIY protection against paranormal energies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you have never tried shielding before there are many online resources to help you in learning how to do this.
There are many ways to shield yourself
Here are just a few

1. White Light
    This is a very common and highly affective form of shielding. The idea is to imagine yourself surrounded by white light.
    I will be doing a guided walk through on how to create one of these this Tuesday night LIVE on Into the Fringe on www.atsliveradio.com from 8-10 pm EST
  2. Blue Bubble
    This is similar to the white light shield however the blue bubble harnesses the power of the throat chakra which is the source of our inner truth and will. This will create a strong barrier that when combined with white light will be highly effective.
  3. Salt
    Salt is a method of protection that has been used for ages and goes far beyond just a simple salt circle. You can put it in your bath to pull negative energy off of you that will attract negative spirits to you. You can also keep some in a vase, glass or bowl near you during the day to ward off malicious spirits.
  4. Affirmations
    Prayer and Affirmations or only as powerful as the belief behind them. If you are saying words that you have no faith in, they will not carry much power. You need to actually believe in their ability to be effective in order for them to work properly.
  5. Crystals
    Nearly all crystals and gems have shielding properties. You have to find the one that is right for you. It will be a stone that you are very strongly drawn to. This is a wearable type of shield that you can keep with you at all times.
  6. Talismans
    There are many religious, cultural, occult and personal symbols that have the ability to shield people from negative entities and energies. Some of the most powerful Talismans are those that we create for ourselves. As with crystals, these are a wearable type of shield that we can have with us at all times. Tattooing one is of course the most powerful way to shield yourself permanently.

I would love to know what methods some of you use and what your personal findings are on the strengths of some methods vs others.
Please share your thoughts and tune in to the show Tuesday night to take part in the guided walk through on creating a white light shield if you have not done it before or are just interested in a new method.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NephraTari
If you have never tried shielding before there are many online resources to help you in learning how to do this.
There are many ways to shield yourself
Here are just a few

1. White Light
    This is a very common and highly affective form of shielding. The idea is to imagine yourself surrounded by white light.
    I will be doing a guided walk through on how to create one of these this Tuesday night LIVE on Into the Fringe on www.atsliveradio.com from 8-10 pm EST
    ##SNIPPED##

Is this for some MMORPG or something?
edit on 8-9-2014 by Kandinsky because: excessive quote snipped

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The shamanistic practice of .... this ritual/drumming....perhaps not so energetic but you get the idea...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Salt is probably the most common one on the list. I've actually known people who spread salt around the perimeter of their houses, kept a fresh line in front of the front and back doors. I had no idea it can be used in a bath to help draw the negativity away.

I read that a hoodoo method to keep the evil eye away is to hang a bunch of bananas outside your home. Or to carry amulets to ward away whatever energy/method/person you feel is harming you.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

I call upon my angels, and also envision the white bubble around myself.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NephraTari

I would love to know what methods some of you use and what your personal findings are on the strengths of some methods vs others.
Please share your thoughts and tune in to the show Tuesday night to take part in the guided walk through on creating a white light shield if you have not done it before or are just interested in a new method.

I often use salt and talismans (which sometimes includes crystals) but I also only do my more "intense" workings within a cast circle. So, with that included, several methods are employed for safety. The Elementals, my deities, my guides, colors, smoke, timing, etc.
edit on 7-9-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You actually nailed the two methods I use most effectively in 1 and 2!

I'm a practical witch, and thus I associate smells, oils, and such as having applications that are useful to. I ask God/dess to empower and bless my magical items, and keep my incense, oils, and candles in my alter case (which is a china hutch, lol)

Incense has ancient roots and applications. We have been using incense for thousands of years. There are several incense that are associated with protection and shielding - that you should easily be able to find in a store around you.

*Cedar - smolder for purification and protection. Cedar also aids in speeding healing and enhancing spirituality.
*Clove - burn for protection, exorcism of outside negative influences, and purification.
*Dragon's Blood - also used for protection and exorcism, but also increases love and sexual potency.
*Rosemary - burn for protection, purification, and exorcism of unwanted negative energy. Also brings healing.
*Frankincense - burn for protection and exorcism, spirituality and love.

Oils have also a long use and history. I often anoint (dab oil) on clothing or candles, rather than applying it directly to the skin. If I do apply it to the skin, I usually dilute with an gentle base oil such as Jojoba. To protect my skin from irritation, the jojoba oil will dilute the irritant essential oil, while still allowing the smell to come through. Some of these essential oils are very harsh to the skin, and I'll note such.

*Cypress essential oil is used for protection, blessings, and consecration. The scent is said to stimulate healing and eases the pain of loss also.
*Geranium essential oil is also a powerful protection oil. This essential oil is a skin irritant and you should wear it diluted and in a blend. 1 drop to 1/8 cup of base oil.
*Basil essential oil can encourage sympathy between two people so it's worn to avoid major clashes, fighting, and aggression. It encourages happiness, peace and stimulates the conscious mind.
*Clove oil is used in protection blends. This is also a skin irritant but 1 drop in 1/8 cup of base oil is safe in blended oils.
*Juniper essential oil is a sticky essential oil and is used in protection, purification, and healing blends.
*Niaouli essential oil is used in protection blends.
*Pine essential oil is also used in protection, purification and healing blends.

Candles can be anointed with the oils listed above. Or used alone - with a prayer or devotional said over the candle. Use white candles for protection and purification.

Great thread OP. S & F.

~ Cirque

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I do nothing and they don't bother me.

Seriously, the more attention you give the more your mind perceives to get back.

You can stare at a bear, a new ass he will tear, you can ignore the bear, he will go over there.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure the "don't believe, pretend it's not happening, there are no monsters in the closest" approach is appropriate to this topic. We are not talking just about demons and ghosts and protecting oneself from them, we are also speaking about the energy transference we humans have with one another.

These techniques are effective when you have negative energy being projected towards you by another actual person. Bullying is a prime example of projecting negative energy, to elicit an emotional response in the victim, in which the bully then feeds off of - gratifying his sick ego. That's called psychic vampirism in the woo woo paranormal world.

The above methods of protecting oneself against negative energy attacks are valid methods of ritual, thought forms and affirmations. They can empower the person to withstand the negativity they are facing. Mind over matter, symbology, positive visualization and all that jazz. This is ancient philosophical, metaphysical stuff. But if it makes anyone REALLY uncomfortable, just think of it as psychology. That's the newest wrapping paper they try to encompass these ancient techniques under.

CdT

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Actually drumming sessions are often used to cross over. I suppose during this time you can request assistance of the ancestors and protective spirits, however you don't have to cross over to request help.
Is this a method you use? If so how successful is it for you?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'd like to see some of the tattoos.

My friend said he had to blast the light at shadow people.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kodasaufa
Grounding

When you move more energy or send and receive you need to be deeply grounded. Other wise you become a open circuit and anyone or thing will love to drain you. Trust me I have people that come up to me and tell me all their problems like never before. They are psychic vampires.

Grounding is about rooting yourself to the earth and making yourself direct with the earth and not left open to be drained or abused.

The black part of the rod is absorbing the negative or harmful energies and keeping them away from you.

The white part of the rod is directing the positive or helpful energies to you in a way that is best for you.

The golden part of the rod is about empowering yourself. Gold reflects. So the golden globe reflects the negative or harmful energies away from you.

So what I do is envision I am holding the rod and placing it deep inside of the earth. It is all about grounding and keeping negative energy away.

edit on 666 by kodasaufa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Cleaning your Aura, Awaking, Igniting, Cleaning and Chakra Spinning all in one Plus an Aura of Protection

First off Clean your Aura at least 2x a day. When you wake and sleep. You can clean your aura a couple of ways.

Visualization. Visualize breathing in white gold energy, and then program it like "White gold energy is completely cleaning my aura etc..." Do this for 10 or so breaths. You can also visualize it swirling around you head to toe.
Another thing you can do is picture a white gold tornado or vortex that is pulling out anything negative or harmful and is saturating your aura with white gold energy. "White gold is reflective and reflects negative energies"
If you want to start using the elements you can do the same with Fire. Picture a Firenado and your inside the middle of it. Affirm to yourself that the fire is completely and throughout burning away any and all negative or harmful energies, residue or build-up etc...

##snipped##

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Creating a thoughtform or servitude.

Most of us, at some point in our magickal careers, have realized that like it or not, sometimes you have to get your hands dirty and practice purely offensive magick. Whether your enemies exist on the astral, like a dangerous parasite or vampire, or whether they have manifest existence, in the form of, say, a persecuting right wing religious group, or a hostile magician, you are extremely lucky if, at some point, you don't have to practice some darker stuff.

##snipped##

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Fighting back

Being a pacifist is not for those who truely want to empower themselves. Often times we don't even realize that other's thoughtforms and energies can be directed at us in a negative or harmful way most of the time from their subconscious.
You shouldn't have to put up with others negative or harmful energies, thoughtforms or infuences. Often times they feed off of the response or outcome it has on you. There are a couple of things you can do to stop and repel this.

First off you need to build up your aura. The stronger your aura the more likely it will resist others influences on you.

Keeping your Aura clean. Do you wear dirty clothes to work everyday? school? a job interview? Do you wash your windshield or drive around all year barely able to see through it? Your aura gets build up from people and enviroments it comes in contact with. Cleaning and ridding it of those thoughtforms, influences, and buildup from the day is a must for auric health. Your aura is basically a shield and you want it to perform as strongly as it can.

##SNIPPED###

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

BRAVO! WELL said!

The mind, the body and the spirit are one. When we start looking at all three as a whole, instead of three separate factions, it becomes easier to understand.

Even if it is a 'mind' thing, you manifest what you put your thoughts and efforts into, and if that is protection and a relationship with the Highest Power, who am I to say "you're doing it wrong"?

You receive what you believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I use the bubble method & at times the white light one and also my rose quartz runes which i like too keep in my bag if i am going out.. I love my runes!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

logic and reason ?

the 2 defences that help you understand that its all bollox

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
I'm not sure the "don't believe, pretend it's not happening, there are no monsters in the closest" approach is appropriate to this topic. We are not talking just about demons and ghosts and protecting oneself from them, we are also speaking about the energy transference we humans have with one another.

Why not, most of it is manufactured within your own brain, don't think it and it won't affect you.

Now, mind you, I have seen what I could call a ghost, perhaps of my grandfather, but was it a real apparition, or a product of my own mind? I don't know, it's a great mystery to me.

What I am saying is that if you believe in evil spirits, or any spirits at all day in and day out, it will affect your brains perception of the environment and your life will be ruled by things in your own head that you believe is external to you.

Now, there is energy transference, I do tend to think that human brains can transfer thoughts, it has happened to me, both from my dying Grandmother and from a dying cousin, but after they died, that was it, no more interbrain communication at all, it's like a burst of energy from their brain was picked up by my brain. Our brains are electrical in nature.

Is this entering the realm of quantum physics, spooky action at a distance?

We don't know, and we cannot say that we are affected by the spirits of the dead.

WE DO NOT KNOW!

You are what you think.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

The reality of what constitutes a ghost or paranormal experience doesn't negate the perception of the experience regardless. We do not know, with any certainty what paranormal and supernatural experiences are - but they can have a profound effect on a person's emotional stability. Techniques, methods, ritual, prayer - all have a valid role in creating control over one's own mind. It's all inner work. The change does not occur in any external mechanism, but an internal one.

Besides, set ghosts and demons and aliens and all other manner of inter-dimensional, extraterrestrial, and of the cryptozoological order aside for now. The methods, as described in this thread, also helps with human to human energy transference also.

Ever been around that negative person, who drains you by the end of your visit? Or the bully that delights in eliciting suffering in others? This is all negative energy that people project towards others unknowingly. We don't realize or understand how our emotions, how we treat one another, the energy we direct towards others has a great effect or impact on others. But that is the lie we are socially conditioned to believe. That we are independent, alone, and disconnected. When anything could be further from the damn truth!

Some people are more sensitive or open to this energy transference. We call them empathic or intuitive people. They benefit in the visualization, meditation, and association exercises listed above - to gain control over an uncertain, unknown quantity about life that is unexplainable to them. If it's completely explainable to you in your mind from your reference of experiences - that's great! But everyone is at different places, from different perspectives and backgrounds. So I don't begrudge people for believing or perceiving the world different from myself. And I don't say this all as though my perceptions on said matter can't evolve and change. Scientists do make strides in coming closer and understanding it, and unraveling the mystery. But we are a long ways off of cracking the relationship between consciousness and reality. So I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater of any belief set - out the window just yet. Not if our mind, consciousness itself, is what shapes reality. If your statement, "You are what you think." hold true, then the belief in a symbol, or prayer, or perception becomes essentially important to a persons well being. Because then - a protection potion worn as a scent - instead of as pheromone - just might have a wee bit more power than we give it credit for.

Or what is a placebo for and why does it work, right? Or meditation and visualization techniques the therapist uses? What are they for, and why are they effective? Because they are tools, mechanisms, and we will be using them forever. We already have been.

CdT

edit on 8-9-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: corrections

edit on 8-9-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: more corrections

edit on 8-9-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: sigh...more fixes

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join