It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website that tracks cyber attacks live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
IPVIKING

Just came across this video on youtube talking about this website...In the video they were talking about how we are getting pounded with cyber attacks which is causing power and internet blackouts...I checked out the site, its pretty crazy looking...Although I don't understand what its really showing me. I was wondering if anyone else could shed some light on whats going on there. Is this normal? The last time I checked the United States got attacked like 4,000 times and the 2nd highest person to get attacked was Hong Kong with 80 attacks.

At one point there was a GIANT barrage of attacks coming towards the states...once it hit my internet went down for a minute...Maybe coincidence...maybe not?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Fascinating. I don't have any answers for you though. I am equally curious.

Cool find.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Man I am glad these are cyber attacks and real ordnance. I wonder if this is a solid indicator of world opinion of the US? A truly amazing find. I am not well learned in these things but I wonder how this site can accurately observe and track all of these attacks instantaneously. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So this is privitised NSA/GHQ by the looks of it.

Norse Darklist™ is the next generation of blacklists. Darklist is a live, continuously updated list of the highest risk IPs on the Internet, enabling organizations to protect their network from external bad actors. Darklist provides a Norse IPQ risk score for each IP, the risk category (such as "botnet" or "Tor proxy") to provide context to the score, and latitude and longitude provided by Norse's superior geolocation capabilities. Darklist is not just another blacklist — the information is live, accurate, and contextual.

Apparently it is the 3 million most risky ISP's....I wonder if how they determine the ISP's risk factor?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They have threat intelligence appliance's that are installed where IP service providers connect to each other to analyze a huge chunks of internet traffic. Basically modern wire taps/firewall. Using their "taps" they put together a map showing a dozen or so different types of attacks while showing the source and the destination. It is to showcase their technology so that you buy their devices or services.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88
IPVIKING

Just came across this video on youtube talking about this website...In the video they were talking about how we are getting pounded with cyber attacks which is causing power and internet blackouts...I checked out the site, its pretty crazy looking...Although I don't understand what its really showing me. I was wondering if anyone else could shed some light on whats going on there. Is this normal? The last time I checked the United States got attacked like 4,000 times and the 2nd highest person to get attacked was Hong Kong with 80 attacks.

At one point there was a GIANT barrage of attacks coming towards the states...once it hit my internet went down for a minute...Maybe coincidence...maybe not?

This map shows the traffic that is sent in order to perform a DDoS attack.
To simplify it: it is just raw random data and requests generated to overload servers. This servers then are going offline, because they can't handle the amount of data.

The problem is, that this is done with bot nets (lots of connected computers, that are infected with malware... private persons that have no idea they are part of it) and these botnets are pretty easy and cheap to rent for anybody that is willing to do it and pay for it.

In the recent years, this attacks have become more an more common.
Just recently a group, named Lizard Squad, has attacked a lot of servers from big companies like Sony, Blizzard and Riotgames... as well as made bomb threats on a passenger plane, as you might have heard.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Wow! So these are really live DDoS attacks? Have the number of attacks risen recently do you think?
Or have we always gotten attacked this much...because what I saw was kinda scary.

Also the attacks on the US seems largely disproportionate to every other Country on the map, is that normal as well?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Also, is Lizard Squad any way related to Derp? Those hackers who have been targeting video games/platforms...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

I would love to see this type of site.

(post by Iiber8 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Was watching IPViking Nov. 5th around 10:45 pm and observed what apperaed to be a denial of service attack
on Saint Louis,MO.Attacks came from various internet and cable companies inside and outside the U.S.
image 1
image 2
image 3
image 4
image 5
Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it?

top topics

join