It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting over Joshua Tree at Daytime Triangle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gavron
Isn't it curious how these "triangles" are miles away, yet they happen to be filming at the perfect angle to catch it as a perfect triangle? Hmmm...

I guess it is!

Just sharing what I saw on the video after downloading it from the card.

Not an uncommon thing to post a video such as this, and find myself on the "defensive". We live in a society that LOVES to find criminality and shady motives behind everything...yet can't seem to flush it out where it really counts.

So fine, please go ahead and somehow prove a "plan" behind all this.

It really describes more about the unfortunate state of human beings...rather than trying contribute to any discussion to find out what these "unidentified floating objects" actually are...which requires some effort...it's much easier to attack the poster...for daring to film something at "just the right angle"....that requires little effort...

Recommendations are always welcome on where and how to get this video further analyzed, etc.

Insinuating events that never happened is completely unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonMystic
Well! I'm no expert but I'll cut you some slack and say that I'm not sure if what I am looking at is clouds. The "lights" seem to fade in and out ever so slightly or sort of flicker. They also remain stationary and in formation throughout the whole video. The shape is also well proportioned, almost artificially so. Normally, (from what I've seen) when clouds form a shape or illusion it is brief and not so concise, and once the illusion is dispersed it is finished.

Thanks. I really don't have a handle on this for certain.

I've looked at it several times.

At first I thought I was seeing things. Then I thought it may have been some crazy reflection.

When I really looked at it, the lights do seem to fade and flicker, and at their brightest...the "geometry" seems to really stand out. I see three lights, or...flickering clouds...unidentified "floating/flickering" objects...whatever they are...in a perfect equilateral triangle.

If you look closely, you can also see two bright spots on the edge of the clouds on either side. They seem to get bright right a the end.

I DO appreciate your comment, and if you have any other info on how to get this video better analyzed, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I'm thinking its artifacts from the camera; notice the two 'lines' throughout the video, the 'object' is part of those lines.

Those lines are actually "power lines" extending across the frame.

They move completely in relation to the objects/lights/clouds/kites/balloons/scalar-technology in question...

The object goes behind his head as the camera moves.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: StarnatalSandia

That's a bit strange... took a little bit of effort to see it.

Good catch... of course it could be clouds... but it could be artificial, too.

Near Joshua Tree... a military exercise/black project isn't impossible.

Is there some kind of scalar technology that can form geometry with clouds?

I wouldn't be surprised. Send me a link if you find anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
While I must admit, the formation is probably very close to an equilateral triangle, I feel that the top point, at the very least, is most definitely a cloud. It is slightly more in focus than the others at times and shows the irregular cloud tufting pretty well during those short durations.

Especially at the beginning (watched it a second time after knowing what to expect), it appears that the topmost point is just a piece that was created when the two clouds on either side separated. All three are faintly visible at the beginning if viewed in full screen, so I don't think anything really appears out of nowhere, just that the camera has varying amplitudes due to changes in the noise floor processing.

The other two dots are meaningless without the top one, so I would say that they are just small clouds farther away. Being out of focus makes them rounder. It is a great find, but I think in this case it is just clouds. I am not a disbeliever btw, just being objective here.

Not a disbeliever in what? lol

I get that people think that just because someone posts an anomaly and call it a "ufo", then immediately they get accused of trying to pass that video off as "ets from space". I'm a believer that we are not alone as well... But not sure what all that has to do with this video, or why and how clouds form an equilateral triangle like that.

I never implied these were ets from space.

The middle cloud at the top doesn't move by the way. The clouds in the middle to the right seem to move towards the left, to add to the strange effect of the bright spots in the center....that makes sense.

But the middle one up top doesn't really move.

I don't know... I don't know... I don't know...

Thanks for the respectful words!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
IMO it's a staged scene and the dot's are added, the camera trying to show something in the background while there is nothing to show, deliberately keeping the guy of center.
The dots very faint movements trying to counter for the camera movement, though the clouds are completely staying still.
The dot's are not something in the sky, nor UFO or clouds...

Well...we can't have it both ways...or all ways...can we?

So far lights...clouds..."good catch"... (Very relieved up to this point not to have heard "swamp gas" or " balloons")

Then there's the "this isn't real" crowd...in the EXTREME.

Once again, I did not see any of this until I downloaded the video from the camera. The "dots" go behind his head as the camera moves, which is obvious to anyone who has made an effort to watch the video.

In MY honest opinion, anyone who needs to go so far as to accuse me of "staging" this is quite suspect themselves... Forums such as these are no strangers to paid trolls who intend to "frame" or limit the discussion on this matter to a very small area.

I could learn a massive amount about clouds, the sky, scalar tech, satellites, desert kites...whatever this might be...when people add to the conversation.

You are not adding a thing... You are making a baseless accusation over a piece of video that makes you feel uncomfortable. Accusations about the "motives" of the videographer is a distraction, and more demonstrates your lack of "chops" to even discuss this... Plus people love to do this to "insert" suspicion into the thread...and once "follow the leader: takes place, it goes all downhill from there, right? All about being a "thread buster".

Suspicion, just like anything else...can be taken to an extreme. How do I even know you even care about this topic?

How do I even know you're a human being?

Please...believe what you will, and move on!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Looks too "set up". Usually when you are filming a person, you don't shoot him on the far left of the screen like that. Trying too hard to leave room so that they could add the "triangle" later using After Effects or something.

More suspicion...

If I wanted to make a created project about lights in the sky, I wouldn't have posted it here. I would have posted it on a creative site, and added MUCH BETTER CGI.

I saw this after downloading the video from the camera, and decided to share it on ATS because I thought there would be people who could at least lead me to a place to get the video analyzed.

Yet...because so much of our society is conditioned to not believe each other, I get accused of "setting this up".

I do have a creative eye, so even when I'm taking "documentary" type shots for my own use, I'll make sure to include the scenery if it matters...

I took great care to include the JT mountains that are to the right as he was explaining.

There really isn't much more to it than that.

Filming a person while taking care to include the mountains and buildings of the "retreat center" in the background is interpreted by you as "trying too hard to leave room"....to add effects later.

That is the oddest accusation I've ever gotten. I haven't followed your "photo composition" rules, so therefore I lied and set it up....? Is there logic to that? Not much...

Very disappointed with the "you set it up" bit... Why are you guys being so lazy with these posts?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Stupid CGI...screw the cloud idea...this was a staged HOAX! See how the camera man is always making the camera off the side and who talks about ducks in a desert???? Really?

Thanks for trying to "set up" what never happenened. Me-thinks thou dost protest too much...

Didn't see any of this till downloaded from the camera.

Follow the leader dude...#3.

Thanks for you non-analysis. Move on.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Yeah, a hoax didn't even occur as it was too weak... too subtle... (and too early in the wee hours for this observer) but the clouds have some of that cgi 'shakiness,' never mind anything else.

Hoaxing... done by insecure people attempting to appear smarter than the "gullible masses" or hard-core believers trying to enlarge their camp... or shadowy organizations attempting to discredit the whole UFO endeavor.

Too bad ...as there certainly are odd things spotted in the skies and this world has far too many lies as it is.

Apologies if wrong... double expletives if not.

That would be #4... follow the leader... with the whole "hoax" accusation. By now, its a very "safe" thing to say...so let's pile on, right? lol

I couldn't do that with CGI if you paid me. I haven't the time nor the need to post drivel or any kind of bs on forums. My time is way too valuable. I was really hoping someone would point me to a place to get the video analyzed.

But I'm beginning to be very aware that this will not happen on ATS. The level of evolution of most of the people contributing just isn't there. Too many angry, accusatory folks more intent on arguing "duck season" / "rabbit season" than contributing to any meaningful conversation, or providing any meaningful information. Too bad...

I accept your apology.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Looks too "set up". Usually when you are filming a person, you don't shoot him on the far left of the screen like that. Trying too hard to leave room so that they could add the "triangle" later using After Effects or something.

I agree. Looks totes FAKE! The fact that the OP added in all the "extras" at the end of the video to make sure we were able to see their handiwork is what makes me think hoax...And the redic convo about geese or what ever birds the dude is just randomly discussing. Who the heck would take video of that, unless of course to make it into a hoax UFO after the fact?

Oh, that and they never returned to discuss their post, lol. Sorry OP, you've got to do better than that to get by the folks here at ATS. Maybe post it on that GLP forum, or whatever it's called, and you will have more luck selling this as a legit sighting.

Amazing how I can post a video of something that I didn't even know was there, and share it with people on a forum ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING...and some can't believe me! #5 Follow the leader...

Did you read the description of what had happened before the video was taken? No.... Otherwise you wouldnt be making incoherent statements about what the person was talking about.

I knew I would arouse even more "suspicion" by someone for not coming back to the forum immediately to start commenting... I have work to do, am very busy, and have alot going on.

And to be honest, it takes a lot of energy to deal with the childish attitudes on here... One has to be ready to spar right from the get go. You illustrate this phenomenon quite well..

You haven't said one thing that is new. You merely repeated what others say without looking at a thing.

Why would I post at GLP? It should be a compliment to you that I'm posting here...trying to figure out what this is...and hoping someone might have a place I can get it analyzed. I added the extras at the end to zoom in, etc. Videos do this all the time, and now it's manipulation. That sounds completely idiotic.

But you disappoint me terribly. You're rude. You haven't read about the post at all. You've merely repeated what someone else has said in some kind of effort to look "cool", and then you smear me for not being on the forum for a few days while I " make a living" like everyone else in the world.

No...YOU are going to have to do better than that. You're not making any sense! You don't have anything adult to say...at all???

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Anyone that could help you has already been ran off by the locals..

The reply's in this thread as you have seen are exact duplicates of reply's in EVERY UFO thread, it's the same crew, always the same crew.. missing a few habitual posters but if you get to page 3 they are bound to show up as well.

It's beyond sad, it's almost criminal.. if anything big were to occur "that fitted their rules" they'd instantly find fault in that as well.. it's pretty much pointless in this environment. They have made anyone that dares question anything into a laughing stock.. not just in Ufology.. in everything.

Don't get sidelined by the automaton posters throwing used and abused taglines at you.. that's actually a job for the mods to sort out... at least.. that was their job.. but now it seems as if its a free for all on anyone bringing anything not on MSM here at ATS.. sad, we have truly lost our way.

If i caught anything on camera.. ATS is the LAST place i'd bring it.. it NEVER used to be that way.. but it is.. what it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
I'll go with the others saying faked. The compression artifacts on the 3 dots don't line up with that of the other footage, and the synch to any camera movement is occasionally off by a few frames. The slow motion part even made that more obvious.

I guess it's fun to mess with video editing/compositing software, but whoever did it still needs to try a bit harder. Making it really subtle rather than stupidly flashy was good though.

I agree the that triangle dots move very strangely. AT least you saw that...and I respect you for bringing it up. That is what baffles me about this.

"I guess it's fun to mess with video editing/compositing software, but whoever did it still needs to try a bit harder. Making it really subtle rather than stupidly flashy was good though.
"

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Without proof, calling hoax on this is weird. And I'd like to hear from the author. Saw the lights for the triangle, don't know if its ET or a TR3B. If its real that is, and I for one always give people the benefit of belief because its their karma for being dark hats and pulling down the awareness of the world if they're just messing with us. So, since that would be major harm and crimes against humanity and all souls, certainly don't view that as normal behavior.

I appreciate the intelligent feedback.

I'm not looking for "agreement" here on what this is, or why.

I AM tired of people trying to convince me of things I never did. I'm tired of people trying to disprove I was where I was when I was. What a waste of time... I'll address that once more, then I'm done. If people want to and CAN read, they can find out what happened.

I do agree.... Calling this "setup" or a "hoax" is very strange, and smacks of the actions of paid "trolls" who attack sites to HALT discussion.

You see what happened? A couple of people said they were clouds...and although Im not sure I agree or disagree with them, it informs me of something.

The as soon as the "virus" of YOU HOAXED IT was introduced, it was like "follow the leader". People couldn't WAIT to pile it on, all trying to sound more witty and cutting than the next.

So what does that tell us about this phenomenon that COULD be clouds, scalar technology, drones, kites, balloons...whatever?

NOTHING. Because now everyone is playing "Scarlet Letter". BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS ! Angry mob assembling. Wow!

Makes you wonder why they are even on a site that talks about UFOS, huh? Why bother? Why don't they just walk out the door and go to the mall and start bashing people..."hoaxer!!!"...for whatever?

To answer your question, yes...there is a karmic responsibility to posting these things. I posted it as a UFO...possibly I should have been more specific in calling it an "unidentified floating object". I guess that would be more accurate...

But I never implied it was ET. I have no idea.

The Joshua Tree retreat center is a place where there has been many sightings and some contact, just like you see in alot of the Mojave. But that doesn't mean that I said this is ET. I never said that, nor did I imply it.

It IS, however, VERY WEIRD... I would like to get some information on how to get the video further analyzed. (you'd think someone who was an "expert" in CGI would know where to get it analyzed but... Oh wait! I've never DONE CGI!)

If you could give me any ideas, or even better software to analyze with, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I did not set this up, just need some help in finding a place to analyze!!!!

It's really not that difficult! lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I'm glad you came back to clear a few things up! I do apologize for "jumping on the bandwagon" but these days is it any wonder why people are quick to assume hoax? I'm sure a lot of folks on this site have seen things properly debunked again and again and then again some more! There is so much trickery on the Internet. People get bitter after a while. In a world with so much deception it can be hard to keep an open mind and not become innately suspicious. But I agree, it's no excuse really to just shoot down the messenger without more details.

Aside from all that, I wish I knew where you could get this footage properly analyzed. Because it certainly is interesting. I stand by my assessment that it is not clouds, (IMO) and if you genuinely didn't create this yourself then I might lean towards something more "classified." Like you, I would need more ideas put forth to spark more ideas in my own head lol. Because right now off the top of my head I can't think of what exactly would create such a formation to be seen on camera, in broad daylight, if it is something there.

If nobody contributes any more ideas here, then I hope you find out more elsewhere. And if you do, I hope you come back with new evidence/findings and rub it in our face! XD

I wish you luck with discovering more.

edit on 1192014 by MoonMystic because: ETA More thoughts.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Although there are obviously a lot of fake videos out there, I must admit I believe the OP is being genuine. I can usually spot CGI a mile away, even the really high end stuff, but this video is kind of a grey area (no pun intended) for me. I could go either way. Fake or not.

But the OP's response I do believe is genuine.

But hey, I really don't know anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Btw, I do totally believe in the flying triangle, commonly referred to as the TR-3B. Apparently a human created (but based on alien technology) flying craft.

And although in my research I haven't seen much mention of it having invisibility/cloaking abilities, I believe it does. I have seen a few, very convincing, videos of just three lights in a triangle formation (like in this video). I believe the craft itself can be made to be invisible, except for the lights/engines that are on each corner of the craft.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Then it's 'apologies'... heh... sorry, I usually go against the common narrative, especially in threads like this, because the knee-jerk reaction is that it's all b.s. and I know it isn't.

Lately, I've been looking into the Triangle info that was dropped here by member "Astr0" ...and remain puzzled by the supportive elements to his narrative. It's a long story, but basically, either he told some portion of the truth, or a number of seemingly reliable members are lying to support him, too.

It's spread through a number of threads but his own synopsis can be found in the "Grey Area" forum under the thread titled, "Astr0, Black Triangles, abductions -etc...." and it's a good read, accurate or no.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join