It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO video hoaxers using copyright claims to stifle criticism?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Curious? What if I took all of the things off of UFO THEATRE....and started my own by taking all of his.....and made it "UFO STUFF"? And each new episode I'd wait to post until he posted it 1st....then I'd grab it and say "Viewers! Check out my new episode!"

Would you...would he...be ok with me calling it all mine?

If you simply repost somebody else's work, of course that's not OK. In contrast, UFO Theater analyzes, debunks, and makes parodies of hoax videos, adding quite a bit of real information (helping people to identify CGI, for example) and some entertainment value, creating a unique product. Do you agree?

If some hoaxer would like to analyze or parody me, I'm fair game, too. I don't think they'd find much to use against me. The fact that they spend their time creating UFO hoaxes rather than real content tells me they're not smart enough for the job.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
We could do with a UFO Blacklist or Hall of Shame stickied on this forum.

Fair enough.

We should also include the whole Moon landing Hoax shtick as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Excellent thread as usual, IsaacKoi.

--

Creating realistic hoax UFO videos to mislead the watchers whether for money or cause confusion is a crime that should be prosecuted

Videos of objects that in reality would scare people to death may have impact on their health - they may get a heart attack, mental problems, trauma. It is like the Martian attack hysteria in the 19(30)s. People with unstable mind who learn of such things in their neighborhood are likely to be affected.

At the very least a hoaxer should be charged a fine as a first warning.

I agree that deleting comments or anything that exposes the hoaxes could be a sign that the person is trying to scam the audience and this is where one should make a difference between creators of an animation as a sci fi, and someone who is really harming the audience with false information.

Where is the law for this?

Oh and I greet the work of anyone who exposes, creates a parody, mocks, points a finger at a hoaxer and shames them. If modifying a hoax video is copyright problem, then one can take single slides and analyze those hoax frames by pointing them and then adding their own 'mocking frames' in the process.

You need to destroy the reputation of a hoaxer and make them feel useless at what they are doing.
edit on 5-9-2014 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

It's about business.

If we look through youtube, the dramatic UFO vids (incl. hoaxes) get a lot more views than the skeptical vids.

Site-clicks, ad-revenue and wider publicity are carried along on the tide of BS presented by these hoaxers. It makes sites complicit in the deceit/make-believe as it's not in theirs, or the hoaxers, interests to reduce their numbers or see them being explained.

From that business perspective, it's rational to take-down the critics who use their footage against them. If they allowed critics to beat them with their own evidence, they'd be crazy.

It's ethically beneath contempt as they set out to deceive their consumers and relentlessly maintain the lie.

On the other hand, their typical audience could be described as 'bending over and asking for it.' How many times have we seen people posting the most appalling hoaxes and then reacting angrily to any member (usually Gortex lol) trying to call it a hoax? The straightforward act of typing 'UFOs 2014' into the YT search has people filming spaceships every damn week. Even this little beauty from the well-known Section 51 channel...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UFOTheater

I agree with much of what you say. Im in a unique position. I own quite a few copyrights, for music, novels, and several videos. I also share a trademark.

For reference: my musical and literary copyrights earn me residual royalties every quarter (3 months) world-wide, doing better in some places, and not so much in others. And that can flip around year to year as well.

But, I digress here....original work claimed by someone else is why there are laws. Hoaxes? They are another thing. This world is very large, and oportunities, options, and attempts at using others work abound.

For the record? Im ok with that in general. We never anticipated the world would become this techno years ago. Im all for sharing. Sharing. Not stealing or claiming rights not owned.

Thanks for the response! MS

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
Thanks for that list Gortex. Coincidentally, I've just seen another Youtube UFO hoaxer black-list (albeit in Italian) at:
www.ufoofinterest.org...
Thank you very much Isaac for your note

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
UFO Theater's videos are available again on Vimeo at the link below:

vimeo.com...

Hopefully, UFO Theater can now put this distraction behind him and focus on producing further amusing/informative videos parodying hoaxed UFO videos.

UFO Theater posted the following on Facebook:

www.facebook.com...

UFO Theater Episodes 1 and 2 are back up on Vimeo! After going through a review process, whoever complained about the shows never followed through with the copyright lawsuit required to keep them offline, so Vimeo reinstated them. The company has been very responsive and efficient throughout the entire process, so I highly recommend Vimeo to everyone.

So, it looks like the attempt to stifle criticism of some hoaxed UFO videos failed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join