It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing a concept album

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the right forum for this but I'm trying to write a concept album around stephen king's the stand.

This little tidbit is about a character in the book, particularly Rita Blakemoor.

Here it is, feedback appreciated! Love and peace!

Well you once had it all, but those things are now gone. Now you've got one last friend with a child safety top. The cars and rings and lattes have been vaulted to their deaths while the fur you use to wear just weighs down on your neck. And you shiver and shake with the morbid fascination, and you tremble and quake with each passing inclination of losing your mind while the world keeps on turning, the cash in your wallet can't buy you your youth. And your husband is gone, and the street lights start to flicker while you wander fifth avenue like some common hooker. With the dead in their cars all pleading for loving you set your jaw hard and pretend that your living. While out in the dark all the ghosts start their dancing like marionettes in the newest spring fashion, well the pills that you take can't bring back all the people that you loved to just hate and you thought were beneath you. So keep that heat close and remember to squeeze, because death is behind you and you're struggling to see. And the monster shouter shouts down the alleys and streets while you slowly lose grip on the grand scope of things.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Wow! That was great!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hey, thanks! First thing I've written in a while.

a reply to: Night Star

join