It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is NATO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its looks perfectly clear that Russia is the thug, not NATO.

Hope nato will defend the whole World against Russia and other rebel countries.

What is that suppose to a be a map of? It looks like somebody just took NATO stickers a placed them randomly on the map. Those are not NATO bases so what are they suppose to be? NATO has some bases in Europe and in Afganistan. And that is about it. That map looks somebody was like, Egypt has a military base in Egypt, so lets call that a NATO base, even if Egypt is not in NATO. And the they just tossed some randomly throught the rest of the world. Propaganda always works better is it at least makes a little sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
NATO was the creation of a coalition of European, African and Middle Eastern Princesses that wanted to create a situation where America would have to fight to defend them; whether He feels like it or not.

It's obsolete. She needs to pay up or fight on her own.

You have no idea what NATO is at all do you? Who is in it etc. Why would you be taking about Africa and the Middle East? Who should NATO be paying? What are you even talking about? Are you confusing NATO with the UN?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

That map looks somebody was like, Egypt has a military base in Egypt, so lets call that a NATO base, even if Egypt is not in NATO.

Looks like they may have a few extra countries for NATO...

When did the Phillipines join NATO, or even what looks to be either Thailand or Myanmar? I guess I really need to catch up with the news.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

They are NATO partners, not NATO members.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Which is what makes the map that much funnier.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm aware of publically available information concerning NATO. I'm also of the opinion that the alliance is obsolete and has become a bad match for the United States. That opinion is based on NATOs recent performance in Afghanistan and the opaqueness of its activities, most notably Libya in 2011.

NATO is...let the Americans do all the work and take all the costs and the benefits serve an interest group in Europe and its colonies in Africa and the Middle East.

Sorry you disagree and feel that NATO is relevant in a Post Cold War environment.

and Ukraine's desire to join is not an enticement, nor does it make NATO look more attractive, especially from the point of view of the United States.

I could go on and on about my personal distaste for NATO, but it no point...

edit on 1-9-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
That's actually quite important ... because NATO is built as a structure that is bridging England and US, as a pact that promises that iff Europe would "break" out of the chains. The US would "return", to kill Europe.
NATO, is in reality a anti-Europe gang.

No disrespect, but you are making this up as you go along. Pure gibberish.

NATO is a self defence pact with a political arm. The concern is collective defence. The reason why the most ex Soviet states are now NATO members is because they were under Russian jackboots for decades and would rather they did not experience it again.

Regards

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
with regards to NATO's opaqueness in Libya...am I the only one who thinks the air strikes were a failed attempt to rescue Qaddafi?

NATO is a Prison Gang which the United States joined and now the US is free.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

and Ukraine's desire to join is not an enticement, nor does it make NATO look more attractive, especially from the point of view of the United States.

NATO is a red herring. The goal for Ukraine is closer ties with Europe and membership of the EU. Membership of the EU will break the Russian shackles and in time will significantly improve prosperity. If you don't believe that this will be the case then look at how all the ex-Soviet vassals who are in the EU have prospered.

NATO adds the icing on the cake. A protection against those who would want to interfere. Who could that be?

Regards

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

besides the new Caliphate was supposed too be in Bagdad,not Lybia,,or Iran.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The idea of a Unified Europe complete with its own national Army that will compete with NATO makes it even clearer who is the problem in Europe.

NATO's current activities seem to be to confound the unification of Europe; moreso, than the Russians.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

The Caliphate Army is NATO's best man...A European Army is the Caliphate's worst enemy.

NATO + ISIS = Nazi's

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: BobAthome

The Caliphate Army is NATO's best man...A European Army is the Caliphate's worst enemy.

NATO + ISIS = Nazi's

Well it is official you have completely lost me. I see you have nazis are their also any zionist or lizard people involved because if so I totaly called this earlier.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I don't care what they claim to be or what they claim to believe. This world will be ruled by the banking cartel as long as we allow private banks and usuary.

When we evolve past theses archaic devices used by thieves to accumulate massive amounts of money and assets, then we can work on reform and peace.

edit on 1-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm just saying, If Obama, or any politician in Washington, was serious about defeating the Islamic State he'd withdraw the United States from the NATO alliance;

nothing confusing about that. while those groups you mentioned have no meaning to me personally, the things that people are doing aren't as hidden as they once were.

I find it completely obvious that NATO, if it ever had, no longer has its partner's best interests in mind, only its own survival. NATO seems like the kind of group that while wearing Russian uniforms would attack Ukraine.

Afghanistan is over in 120 days and NATO has nothing to do...what are they doing...leading the charge against Russia. when no war with Russia emerges, that's when NATO will attack the United States again...just like 9/11, just like they did last week.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Both sides also sure helped out a few standard weapons companies with those pacts, but that was just good fortune I guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Which is what makes the map that much funnier.

What I find interesting is how pro Russians don't show maps of Russia and her allies. Russia is entitled to have their own alliances so I am curious why they don't talk about that. They always want to concentrate on how - the latest excuse anyways - is how Russia is surrounded. They used the same bs maps for Iran, Syria, etch.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact the countries Russia supports and vice versa are the ones killing their own people to remain in power..

Like Syria, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, china, etch etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: bjarneorn

NATO, is in reality a anti-Europe gang.

And yet European nations are part of NATO...now how does that work?

Things like this confuse you , huh.

Washington DC has Roman styled buildings, that is confusing too.

It is just too much to consider that your logic is being played from the ones you trust just as much if not more than the ones you hate.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I would just like to know one thing: Is NATO being funded by the US or not?

The answer to this question will make everything else much clearer.

A bonus: the US anti-rocket system for middle east in Poland...oh wait sorry i meant to say NATO's...everyone who knows geography knows what kind of BS this is...
edit on 137k2014Mondaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I would just like to know one thing: Is NATO being funded by the US or not?

The answer to this question will make everything else much clearer.

A bonus: the US anti-rocket system for middle east in Poland...everyone who knows geography knows what kind of BS this is...

Every NATO member funds NATO.

Since Putin keeps lopping off about nukes deployment in Poland makes sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join