It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GamerGate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
finally a gaming conspiracy... it seems the gaming world has uncovered a hell of a scandal complete with sex, lies, coverups, questionable reviews and conflicts of interest. its centered around the some well know sites including kotaku and some game developers. i think many ats members will appreciate the journalistic manor of this guy who isnt even a game journalist. youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The mess started when an angry ex-boyfriend of Quinn’s posted a dirty-laundry double load of drama-laden chats with her that, he claimed, made her out to be a manipulative liar and a shameless self-promoter. One of his most contentious accusations: that she slept with a gaming journalist at Kotaku who helped secure favorable coverage and publicity for her game Depression Quest. The allegation roiled a youthful (I won’t say immature, but many of your brethren are in their teens) gaming community that already had a volatile relationship with an increasingly commercialized and clickbait-driven gaming press.

Such massive flame wars and trolling resulted that Reddit gaming mods aren’t even allowing the Quinn scandal to be discussed right now, mass-deleting hundreds of posts. Twitter exploded (of course), there’s a 300-page thread on Escapist’s gaming forum, and the discussion board–slash–“asshole of the Internet” 4chan.org is bubbling over with rage and conspiracy theories. Perennially high-strung game designer Phil Fish defended Quinn; in response, his own site got hacked—exposing his personal data down to his Social Security number—and he left the industry again. After game critic John Bain, aka TotalBiscuit, asked everyone to calm down, he was branded a misogynist and shouted down. The entire situation is a dismal feedback loop of rage and abuse.

edit on 31-8-2014 by jazzguy because: edit1

edit on 31-8-2014 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hear Zoe Quinn is a "manipulative feminazi".

(Can't confirm what is said in this picture, take it with a grain of salt.)

i.imgur.com...
edit on 31-8-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Meh. Just a normal day in the gaming community. Overwrought emotional cripples with First World problems whose Mothers haven't fed them breakfast yet. Any game's forums brim over outrage over something every day of the week. Why, "it's a slap in the face!" Next thing you know Bioware will change the mechanics of a Sith Inquisitor and the entire Empire will issue a call to arms while the Republic gloats.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You didn't watch the video, did you?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jazzguy

I got through 5 minutes without him even saying what this was all about. Could someone elucidate please?

V

new topics

top topics

join