It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Forum??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Liberal Forum? What the heck is that? I just got a U2U saying this thread had been moved to this forum, is that pretty much a sweeping under the rug for a dead thread, or is the term liberal so loosely applied as to include this criticism of the Bush Administration?
I'm not a liberal, and I don't like being labeled one in having my post moved to this "liberal forum". Something about this bothers the crap out of me.

It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, WTG neocons! which was originally posted in the Political Conspiracies forum, to the Liberal forum. TrickmastertricK has initiated this action, and included this message about it:
Your thread is still available here,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is becomming burdensome to figure out which forum to post in here lately, but generalizing any opposition to Bush as "liberal" is wrong IMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
But was the thread about a conpriacy theroy? it WAS moved out of the Political Conspiracies forum, right?

Trust me, mods do things for a reason.

---pineapple

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The politics forum is one of our major forums. It's up there at the top, and yes, there's lively discussions going on there.

And no, it's not because you're liberal or posting liberal things (I'm well-known as a liberal) -- it's just that we're trying to sort things off to the correct forum.

The place has grown quickly, and putting tabbed forums at the top prevents you from having to scroll through six pages of text to find the forum you want.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
That thread probably belonged in "Slugfest" not "Liberal."

I'm still a tad confused myself with all the new options myself but we're all working on it. It could have gone in "conservative" as easily as "liberal" since it was about conservatives, but I'd stick her in Slugfest from the tone alone.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
That thread probably belonged in "Slugfest" not "Liberal."

I'm still a tad confused myself with all the new options myself but we're all working on it. It could have gone in "conservative" as easily as "liberal" since it was about conservatives, but I'd stick her in Slugfest from the tone alone.

I'd feel alot better about it if it had gone to 'Slugfest', the word liberal has taken a beating of connotations, and really if I had to apply an adjective to my own political views, I'd say I am a radical or maybe even revolutionist more than anything. By placing this in the "Liberal" forum, it is sure to be completely missed or ignored by the conservative base for which it was intended. For example, if I really strongly disliked lemons, I would not be likely to spend alot of time in the lemon section of a web site.

top topics

join