It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rule the world for a day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
OK, I can see this thread being lambasted, but try to hold fire. As a mature student, studying Psychology in the UK, I'm really interested in how we can create a better society / world. However, I realise this is totally subjective. There can be infinite different views and opinions, depending on individual cognitive style, social construction, gender, ethnicity, geographical location, time in history etc etc. However, I would like to know if you were to rule the world for a day, what new rules would you introduce to make the world "Better". The reason for me doing this is because I'm interested in the possibility of common dimensions and opinions, a little like personality types such as extraversion/introversion. I won't start with my top 10 rules, but may add them at some point to the mix.

Remember there are no right or wrong answers, if you are not interested in participating then don't bother commenting. Don't comment on other posters rules (I will make a summary in a few weeks of the responses and we can use that as a discussion point).

So my research question is are there common dimensions of perspective that people will think could improve existence?

So please tell me 10 rules you would introduce , with a very brief (Sentence or two) summary about what and why.

If you feel comfortable, start the thread with M or F for your gender, your location (I.e. country) and age. However, this is only important for me to see how certain variables could affect responses.

Lovely if you could share your thoughts. Keep it simple and keep them flowing.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pax et Intellectus

Male, West Palm Beach Florida - USA.

1. Equal Tax
2. Free Health Care
3. Free Abortions
4. Stay within your own border. (US needs to stop policing the world). Trading and Exporting is allowed.
5. Clean Energy Development. Research and implement clean renewable energy. Arrest or disband the ones who pollute the earth.
6. Police force not needed. Allow everyone to own at least 1 gun. Lots of people will die at first, but those are the ones that needed to be killed.
7. Legalize certain drugs. this will be a cut throat to the cartels and smugglers. They will always find a way in, but if we legalize then it will cause them to attack each other more quickly. and with #6 in place, it would be hard to maintain.
8. Way less news and propaganda. The news only shows us what we want to see, Not what we need to know.
9. Research in the development of the spiritual and non physical. We need to start a universal understanding of the human body/mind/soul. I know there are secrets being kept from us and controlled by GMOs.
10. Clean and Healthy Food Eating Practices. This will control the rate at which people get fat, if not genetic, less human problems of the heart, liver, joints, etc.
edit on th20Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:20:44 -0500K201484431am8 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I would take away everyone in the worlds money, then redistribute it out equally to every man, woman and child on Earth.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Male 27 UK

1. The most important. Somehow remove peoples incessant need for everyone to agree with them.
2. Make public religion a crime. Keep faith personal.
3. Make quality, not quantity the basis of all manufacturing, especially food.
4. Make being self sufficient more affordable (farming etc.)
5.Remove all guns/missiles. Even from army's. Lets level the playing field.
6.Limit people to 2 children.
7. If you don't work due to choosing not to, you die of starvation.
8. Get rid of banks.
9.Elections once a year. If the wheels cant be put in motion for your manifesto in 365 days, its not viable. Next.
10. It would be the law to perform one act of random kindness a day.

Sorry some of them are kind of abstract

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I like yours except number 6. Due to the millions of innocent people that would Die.

Apart from that, good Job :-)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Male .. currently sat in karaoke lounge in shanghai .. go to pub and have several pints while chatting up barmaids ..
With the idiocy of humans its a waste of time and effort .. theyd have it bolloxed up within five seconds of handing rule over to someone else ..
edit on 28/8/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Male,Memphis,Tn. U.S.

1.Get rid of at least 40% of the humans.(I would start with the most densely populated third world "countries".)

2.Get rid of political correctness.(This should have been done years ago.)

3.Execute everything that is in a jail cell for violent crime.(Jail is merely a family reunion for most of the inmates-it should be something to fear.)

4.Let nature re-claim the African and South American continents.(Much easier to do after step 1.)

5.Remove religion from the face of the Earth.

6.Stop ALL foreign aid.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Thank you.

Yeah, a purge is needed. Many innocents would die. But you also gotta look at it as the good and righteous would protect them...?

I like your #4 & especially #10, love that one.

As for elections. with all the corrupt jobless or dead, we should be able to have a better and fair system...rather that this do nothing congress.lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

I really like your #3, i think if everyone has a gun, then there won't be too many family re-unions, if you catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Male.
Essex, England.

1) Ban all forms of centralised government in which the people do not have the deciding vote on any matter passing through parliament.
2) Ban all currency not based on a solid commodity such as gold.
3) It is now illegal to own more property than you can live in.
4) It is now illegal to earn by ownership of either land, property, or stock. You have to work for your money, every day, till you cannot physically do it any more, or until you earn enough to no longer require the paycheck. In the event of disability, or issues associated with old age catching up, taxation will cover you for the rest of your life.
5) All medical care to be paid for by taxation only.
6) Police must be held to such a high moral standard, that any infraction of even the slightest code of conduct results in immediate dismissal and barring from ever working any law enforcement job again.
7) Make pot legal world wide.
8) Big oil companies immediately go into liquidation, and their profits, earnings, and property are to be given over to a research organisation, whose task will be to provide alternatives to fossil fuel which cost pocket lint to make and purchase, or ideally that will be offered completely free of charge. It will be called the Energy Abundance Initiative.
9) Ban invasion of any nation by any nation, unless ratified by the PEOPLE of 90% of the planet at once, who will be asked to take part in referendums on such matters.
10) Hate based on creed, colour, race or religion, musical preference and political persuasion is a capital offense, world wide, without any exceptions, workarounds, or loop holes. You hate, you die.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888 Probably right, but give us your top ten anyway.

Lets assume we live in a world where change is possible. And start from there.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Brilliant so far, remember, don't judge others just give us your best shot. Keep them coming.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ahhhh TrueBirt! Good to see your posts again. I enjoy your #3 rule. That is so true. This was a good exercise. Glad to see that you and I are on a similar path to a vision of a better world.

Pax et Intellectus, Great Thread. I have given you a flag and star!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well, if I only had a single day, I would have to act rapidly to ensure that whatever changes I made could balance themselves into a homeostatic state after my power evaporated without causing a great deal of upheaval. What I would do is:

a). Abolish fractional reserve banking.
b). Forgive all debts on a global scale.
c). Pardon all crimes other than murder, rape or torture.
d). Clear everyone's credit scores back to 700+.
e). Create a stock market for all business, properties and resources within our solar system and give everyone on the planet an equal share.
f). Destroy all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
g). Distribute automatic firearms to every nonviolent person, except those who proclaim beliefs that would promote warfare or genocide.
g). Abolish all governments on a global scale.
h). Institute a world court with a system of universal justice.
I). Abolish slavery.
J). Declare all humans equal citizens of the world, with egalitarian liberties (both positive and negative), and an equal basic level of opportunity.
K). Create a city-state system where every person is able to vote directly on issues (direct participatory democracy), leaving unincorporated territory to only be subject to universal law so if people don't like the policies of their city-state, they can avoid them. This way people could move to areas that are most ideal to them and create new city-state to enshrine their ideals into reality, giving people ultimate control over their cultural surroundings.
L). Create a system of currency wherein every adult is issued 100 credits of new currency upon their 20th birthday and all adults over 20 are issued 100 credits upfront one-time. No other method of currency creation can be made including fractional reserve lending so that way the ratio of citizens to credits is always a 1:100 ratio. Deflation will occur when people devise new technologies that expand productive capacities, and inflation can only occur when people hoard too much money, driving up the prices of things by refusing to reinvest in new productive capacities. No longer will humanity be subject to the whims of central bankers for their state of economic growth, but will have to coordinate with and rely on one another in order to maintain a stable economy.
M). Create a 100% inheritance tax so upon one's death they cannot pass their accumulation of wealth and power onto their children. Money collected by this tax will be distributed equally across all of humankind.
N). Create a passive transaction tax (something like 0.5% per transaction) which will be used to operate the day to day operations of the city-states.
O). Abolish all income taxes.
P). Abolish all property taxes on people's primary residency, except those operating a home-business.
Q). Set a maximum property tax rate of 1.5% only for those properties within the limits of city-states to go towards the operation of the city-state.
R). Set a tax rate for businesses and capital gains of 10% this will go to fund the world government.
S). Establish universal pollution standards for every location on the entire planet.
T). Create a trust subsidizing the exploration and colonization of space and offering tax breaks to corporations who relocate their pollution causing endeavors to orbital facilities.
U). Abolish professional armies and bureaucracies. Set up a system of participatory governance where people volunteer one day per week for some civic function. They can opt out of this requirement, but if they opt out, they cannot vote until they opt back in.
V). Abolish salaries and benefits for elected officials.
W). Abolish campaigning.
X). Set up a campaign website where every candidate at every level if given equal exposure if they qualify for that election.
Y). Abolish donations, gifts or campaign advertisements to any politician. Classify this as a crime of bribery punishable as a felonious offense.
Z). Abolish any interest rate above 5%, classifying such an interest rate as usury, a criminal felonious offense.
AA). Abolish liability caps world-wide, holding corporations fully responsible for the actions of their officers and employees.
AB). Abolish wages. Employees must either have equal ownership in the firm they work at, or must be paid in shares of stock so that they will acquire equal ownership after a 30 year working period of a 32 hour, 4 day working week.
AC). Require 30% of corporate profits to be paid out as dividends to shareholders with each passing year.
AD). Set a retirement age of 50 worldwide. Anyone over this age who does not have the financial means to support themselves will be given free healthcare and a pension from the global government after this stage of their life. People may continue to work past this age at their discretion.
AE). Abolish working more than 32 hours per week. Anyone who works 32 hours and still cannot support themselves will be given food, housing and medical subsidies from the global government.
AF). Establish a universal system of disability and unemployment insurance on a global scale.
AG). Establish a world health organization that will heal the uninsured for low-cost or free to the greatest extent possible.
AH). Establish a global education system, being free for students. Every student in the world will be guaranteed an education up to the age of 18. After this points, students of merit will compete for positions in institutions of higher education. Those selected will get their educations for free.
AI). Create Liberal Arts Centers in every city which will be free to all residents to teach basic liberal education to all people. Only Science, Medicine, Engineering, etc will be meritocratic. The purpose of liberal education is to create free citizens, not art history majors, although those degrees could still exist, but the knowledge would be available to everyone.
AJ). Create a voluntary militia in each city state.
AK). Allow for the coordination of the militia on a global scale in case of terrorist activity or insurrection.

There might be more, but that's about it. If I can get even 30% of that up and running before I'm taken out of power, I think people could keep it going. There would probably be some turmoil from the hyperreligious thinking the anti-christ had risen to power, but once that settles down, it should make for a fairly stable system supported and maintained by the people instead of a centralized authority.

new topics

top topics

join